IGNORED

Wednesdays game now being played at Burton Albion

GrahamC

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Google Maps. Portishead to the Ricoh (1 he 48 mins) v Portishead to Burton Albion (2 hrs 8 mins). 

Ah I see. I misread your post. Thought you meant 20 mins from Cov to Burton. 
My mistake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

More than happy to moan about the club when necessary but I doubt we have had any say here at all.

Coventry have had to find a club willing to host this who don’t have a home game midweek & I doubt there were too many offers.

There is a full programme of games in midweek next week & so Coventry’s options seem to have been give us a bye (which they would have done anything to avoid) or this.

Interesting to see what they do next week, when they are due to be home again.

Oh no a moan at the club at all, just the situation as a whole is a shambles. Can’t imagine Pearson et al are happy in the slightest 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Also, who gets the home dressing room, given that both sides are away.

You'd imagine Coventry are still deemed to be the home side. They'll get the home dressing room, they get listed first on the results etc etc.

I'm mainly annoyed I don't get to tick off a new stadium.

• Confused 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

I see Coventry are refunding all home tickets sold and making it pay on the day. What could possibly go wrong 

Seeing how poor the original ticket sales were, I can't see many people being that interested 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Our share of the gate receipts is zero?

Why would it be any different? 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Also, who gets the home dressing room, given that both sides are away.

It's obvious who the designated home side is 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Wednesdays game now being played at Burton Albion
  • Admin
26 minutes ago, MaccRed said:

Do we know if it’s pay on the day for us as well?

I'd imagine we're awaiting an update from Burton, noticed the local police are still working things through 

Screenshot_20220808-222627_Twitter.jpg

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Another chance New Year’s Day??

I'm guessing they may not be able to make the league game, but was confused as well 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd imagine we're awaiting an update from Burton, noticed the local police are still working things through 

Screenshot_20220808-222627_Twitter.jpg

I'm guessing they may not be able to make the league game, but was confused as well 

Back to Birmingham/Northampton? They make the Gas look like a team with a settled home.

It's starting to feel like @ExiledAjax might not need to worry about the Ricoh as a 'new ground' because it might not be a league ground for very much longer.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, East Londoner said:

I see Coventry are refunding all home tickets sold and making it pay on the day. What could possibly go wrong 

As tickets have been taken off sale our end, my first thought was also to look at what Coventry were doing. It does appear to be almost the complete opposite of City, fills me with confidence too.

Bristol City offering refunds, Coventry City enforcing refunds. Bristol City fans (as things stand) can only attend with a pre-booked ticket, Coventry City fans can only attend if they pay on the day.

I, like an earlier poster, had left it late to make plans. I thought that was a wise move after their game at Rotherham was in doubt on Saturday! As it looks like it's going to be cash only on the turnstile there should not be a problem with other fans getting to the game but I'll be keeping an eye on the official advice.

I also fully expect to arrive at the Pirelli to find some of the advice has not been properly understood/relayed correctly - even if I had a ticket, I would take cash to be on the safe side. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

How does that work for a team that never gets a pen? 

The team that went out on penalties in the same round of the same competition last year? I think it puts us at a disadvantage! ?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, East Londoner said:

There is an option of getting the train back to London from Burton changing either at Tamworth or Birmingham but not getting back to Euston until around 0100

Where did you see this @East Londoner . I don't fancy waiting for the 3.57am from Derby into St. Pancras at 6am ?

image.thumb.png.683f2e825fc7ee8b00fec780a374ce1f.png

55 minutes ago, Olé said:

Where did you see this @East Londoner . I don't fancy waiting for the 3.57am from Derby into St. Pancras at 6am ?

image.thumb.png.683f2e825fc7ee8b00fec780a374ce1f.png

I’m using real times trains because i work in the industry. It won’t be shown on journey planners as the connection time at Birmingham officially is 15 minutes but at 2300 shouldn’t be an issue. Alternatively if you take that 2141 and stay on till Birmingham you’ll have a more leisurely connection onto the 2310

646B4A9C-0322-4F05-B5A6-248BED59D63F.png

69DD777F-CC49-496E-B89C-64AC390AE728.png

Edited by East Londoner
  • Thanks 1

From the Coventry forum; What happens if you are the 401st car in the car park queue?

CAR PARKING:
There will be FREE car parking available at the Pirelli Stadium on the night - this is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The capacity is 400.

Access to the site is from the Derby Road Island, first exit – it is sign posted on match days.

Postcode for Sat-Navs: DE13 0AR

• Admin
1 hour ago, 22A said:

From the Coventry forum; What happens if you are the 401st car in the car park queue?

CAR PARKING:
There will be FREE car parking available at the Pirelli Stadium on the night - this is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The capacity is 400.

Access to the site is from the Derby Road Island, first exit – it is sign posted on match days.

Assume the same as any other car park that gets full?

• Haha 2

Sorry if this has been discussed, I landed back in the country last night and heard about the game being moved

I was going with a friend who lives in Coventry, he cant get to Burton so I need a refund on one ticket. I wont know until about 5pm whether I can make tonight, Burton's about an extra 30 - 40 minutes away from me so it depends how my first day back at work goes as to whether I get away in time.

Has anyone received a refund yet? i've emailed customer services but not had a response yet. I want to know if I can apply tomorrow for the refund if I don't make it tonight

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, I landed back in the country last night and heard about the game being moved

I was going with a friend who lives in Coventry, he cant get to Burton so I need a refund on one ticket. I wont know until about 5pm whether I can make tonight, Burton's about an extra 30 - 40 minutes away from me so it depends how my first day back at work goes as to whether I get away in time.

Has anyone received a refund yet? i've emailed customer services but not had a response yet. I want to know if I can apply tomorrow for the refund if I don't make it tonight

Hi Marcus. I’m looking for a single ticket for this evening! Would it be possible to take it off your hands ? Best wishes! Ashton

35 minutes ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

Hi Marcus. I’m looking for a single ticket for this evening! Would it be possible to take it off your hands ? Best wishes! Ashton

You're welcome to it but not sure how, where are you based?

Coincednetally the ticket office just called me and said I have to let them know by 4:30 if I want a refund and I have to send them evidence of the destroyed tickets before they will process it - so I wont be going tonight now as I can't be sure until after 5pm

3 hours ago, 22A said:

CAR PARKING:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You're welcome to it but not sure how, where are you based?

Coincednetally the ticket office just called me and said I have to let them know by 4:30 if I want a refund and I have to send them evidence of the destroyed tickets before they will process it - so I wont be going tonight now as I can't be sure until after 5pm

Have dropped you a message! Sorry you can’t make it mate!