IGNORED

Hibs

Rocking Red Cyril

4 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Hearts did an us, and conceded in the last minute..

Funny as **** watching Man U trying to play football .

?

And we think some of our players are robbing a living! If Manure underperform like last season then they deserve all they get.

27 minutes ago, Midred said:

And we think some of our players are robbing a living! If Manure underperform like last season then they deserve all they get.

Like us, last season's failings hasn't taken long to resurface.

McTominay lost the ball and just jogged back down the pitch without a care in the world. .

?

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure its that much of a shock. Brighton are a decent team with a very good manager. Also sold 2 of their best players.

Seems only yesterday saw City play Brighton on their temporary home on a parks pitch.

why oh why can Brighton secure their place in top division and we continue to struggle

Are we doomed to always be the largest city never to have enjoyed the glamour of the 
PremierLeague, let alone establish ourselves there.

Look at Brighton, City fans, and weep.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Seems only yesterday saw City play Brighton on their temporary home on a parks pitch.

Infrastructure + cash played a big part...

A bit of a perfect storm hit them quite well and they both built steadily and capitalised.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

why oh why can Brighton secure their place in top division and we continue to struggle

Fully appreciate that this is a bit of a rhetorical q by yourself but anyway...they had a large latent untapped fanbase which suddenly reappeared in large numbers as soon as 2011/12 came around.

This would be a major boost. Especially a decade ago  with lower and less pervasive Parachute Payments and FFP in its early days, not that they breached,.

Average Home League Attendance at Withdean, 2010/11, League 1

Average Home League Attendance at Amex, 2011/12, Championship

Not just the fans but the extra stadium revenue etc too.

It's a fairly astonishing rise tbh. Possibly not the norm?

Turnover in 2010/11- League 1

£7,542,766

Turnover in 2011/12- Championship

£22,192,554

Not saying it is the be all and end all but again it helps greatly.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny isn't it, Man Utd defend worse than we do. I suppose their fans console themselves that while Man City have had the bragging rights in the past few years, have them now, and will likely for a few years yet, no matter how much money they have, or how many titles they win, they'll be seen as a bigger club that Utd. 

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What were you expecting? It was exciting and lots of goals. It just confirms what I have always said about those who say, "we don't expect success but we expect to be entertained". Bollocks do they.

Nope. i was expecting a much better performance but was left  disappointed about many things and least was the actual result tbh, felt the quality was even less than last season. Happy to lose like we did many times last season but then often came away  thinking could have won or drew but didn't because I felt it was 'just' down to an individual error or two, generally, not all matches of course. Yesterday felt deserved to lose and Sunderland were better side and we were poor in many areas for large swathes of the game.

That's simply just how I saw it,  which dont think my opinion is bollox as you say but fair enough if thats you see it...haha.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What were you expecting? It was exciting and lots of goals. It just confirms what I have always said about those who say, "we don't expect success but we expect to be entertained". Bollocks do they.

8 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Nope. i was expecting a much better performance but was left  disappointed about many things and least was the actual result tbh, felt the quality was even less than last season. Happy to lose like we did many times last season but then often came away  thinking could have won or drew but didn't because I felt it was 'just' down to an individual error or two, generally, not all matches of course. Yesterday felt deserved to lose and Sunderland were better side and we were poor in many areas for large swathes of the game.

That's simply just how I saw it,  which dont think my opinion is bollox as you say but fair enough if thats you see it...haha.

Spot on @MattWSM.

I always say I want to entertained rather than win at all costs, but I don't mean I just want to see goals.  It's about the quality of football we play and there wasn't a lot on show from us yesterday.

20 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Spot on @MattWSM.

I always say I want to entertained rather than win at all costs, but I don't mean I just want to see goals.  It's about the quality of football we play and there wasn't a lot on show from us yesterday.

Personally I think the result has clouded a lot of people's judgment, the first hour we played some really good stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Personally I think the result has clouded a lot of people's judgment, the first hour we played some really good stuff.

We did going forward. The problem was we were all over the place defensively all game.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Are we doomed to always be the largest city never to have enjoyed the glamour of the 

Look at Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Ipswich and smile

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

We did ok in phases.  And we have generally improved under NP.  That's encouraging.  I am not overly concerned by the start to the season.  My response was mainly to clarify what I (and probably others too) that talk about wanting to seeing entertaining football actually mean.  It isn't measured by the quantity of goals, it's the quality of the football which judging by your original post I am not sure you grasp.  Maybe it's better to say I want to see enjoyable football.  

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Look at Bournemouth, Brighton and Brentford............and get depressed....Ha!!   ? 

For every Bournemouth, Brighton and Brentford there is a Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Ipswich. That’s the way it is. We are pretty well in our usual place. Would like it to be better, but it could be worse.

It is , of course, shameful that no other city of comparable size in Europe has had it’s team playing less seasons, indeed no where near less seasons, in the top division of it’s country.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

For every Bournemouth, Brighton and Brentford there is a Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Ipswich. That’s the way it is. We are pretty well in our usual place. Would like it to be better, but it could be worse.

It is , of course, shameful that no other city of comparable size in Europe has had it’s team playing less seasons, indeed no where near less seasons, in the top division of it’s country.

Your final comment......says it all.

23 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Brighton are run by a very wealthy owner who unlike our very wealthy owner seems to understand football.

• Like 2