IGNORED

Andi Weimann

GrahamC

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

we would be absolutely fecked without him,

Without a shadow of a doubt ?

Seem to remember a story about Fam reaching 50 goals for us though 

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

we would be absolutely fecked without him, wouldn’t we? 

We have fecked him about , mind.

LJ brought him in and played him up front, I think he got 5 goals in 5 games at the start of the season ?

LJ then decides to play him wide, and the goals dry up.

Play him up top, or behind a front two, and the guy delivers.

Long may it continue !

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

His goal yesterday was his 45th at Championship level for us, the same number as Nicky Maynard managed in red & he’s now 3 behind the great Wayne Allison.

I cannot work out the last player to get 50 goals for us at this level, maybe Tom Ritchie? But seeing as he has now scored 24 in his last 48 league games for us (pretty sure that we can all work out that is a one in two strike rate) & of course that doesn’t include a single penalty, it is a truly phenomenal effort & seeing as he now only needs 5 more, he looks odds on to get there.

I know some are now regretting their stereotyping of him as someone who “just runs around” “almost stealing a living” but let’s be completely honest, we would be absolutely fecked without him, wouldn’t we? 

Probably is Ritchie looking at the list Kid linked.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably is Ritchie looking at the list Kid linked.

I looked it up, Tom “only” scored 37 at that level for us, but that’s because he also scored 40 top flight goals.

Peerless since Atyeo for me.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Saw 21 of the 27 on the list play. 

Cidered Abroad will top that and a few others I suspect.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Sorry but I missed.

Tot Walsh, Sammy Gilligan, Billy Maxwell, Albert Keating, Johnny Paul & Len Townsend.

My parents should have had me fifty years earlier!

I'm guessing you missed the same 6!

Some going though! I've been watching City for more than half a century and still only tick 16 of them!

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

His goal yesterday was his 45th at Championship level for us, the same number as Nicky Maynard managed in red & he’s now 3 behind the great Wayne Allison.

I cannot work out the last player to get 50 goals for us at this level, maybe Tom Ritchie? But seeing as he has now scored 24 in his last 48 league games for us (pretty sure that we can all work out that is a one in two strike rate) & of course that doesn’t include a single penalty, it is a truly phenomenal effort & seeing as he now only needs 5 more, he looks odds on to get there.

I know some are now regretting their stereotyping of him as someone who “just runs around” “almost stealing a living” but let’s be completely honest, we would be absolutely fecked without him, wouldn’t we? 

Probably the best single bit of business Nige has done since he has been here was getting Andi to sign a new contract last year. He is a superb player at this level IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Tony ‘tap in’ Thorpe scored. 50+ goals for City - he hardly gets a mention these days.

2 of those were at Championship level, the only ones in his entire career.

Benny Lennartsson also said he was the worst professional he ever worked with, which is why he sent him off on loan.

He was brilliant in the third tier, but never did it above that.

Edited by GrahamC

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

We have fecked him about , mind.

LJ brought him in and played him up front, I think he got 5 goals in 5 games at the start of the season ?

LJ then decides to play him wide, and the goals dry up.

Play him up top, or behind a front two, and the guy delivers.

Long may it continue !

Were they the games when Fam was banned or injured? Fam was shoe horned back in and the goals dried up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

Were they the games when Fam was banned or injured? Fam was shoe horned back in and the goals dried up.

As last season showed , he needs a number 9 next to him or in front of him to do his best work.  LJ was too bothered trying to shoehorn lesser players into the team so moved him wide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

As last season showed , he needs a number 9 next to him or in front of him to do his best work.  LJ was too bothered trying to shoehorn lesser players into the team so moved him wide.

Not necessarily imo.

A couple of quick intelligent players around him will see the runs he makes and which are currently ignored.

It would also allow us to keep the ball on the ground.

• Thanks 1