IGNORED

Alex Scott article Daily Telegraph

Sir Geoff

24 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Interesting that SL stated that we haven't yet had any bids for Scott or Semenyo. 

Pearson's comments about receiving bids for players we don't want to lose seemed to point in that direction. Perhaps the Bournemouth (now ended) and Bentley links were correct. 

Nigel said there had been interest not that there had been bids. There's a significant difference.

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

1. The OP was about an article in the Telegraph about Alex Scott

2. Your initial reply said that the article would have placed Alex Scott at the top of the Premier League club's radar

3. When somebody asked you "Because of a Telegraph article?" your reply didn't say it would be silly to think that Premier League clubs do their scouting through the press, instead you explained the top managers don't read the tabloids, thus implying very heavily that you think an article in the Telegraph would have raised Premier League manager's awareness of Alex Scott.

Please tell me where I went wrong here and how you didn't mean that an article in the paper would tip off top managers about one of our best players who is almost certainly being tracked by these clubs already?

troll GIF

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Nigel said there had been interest not that there had been bids. There's a significant difference.

That's my fault for misquoting. However, if interest in there for Scott, I would imagine clubs testing the water with a starting bid to see what it would take to sign him.

Semenyo's injury may have protected us until January. 

37 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

That's my fault for misquoting. However, if interest in there for Scott, I would imagine clubs testing the water with a starting bid to see what it would take to sign him.

Semenyo's injury may have protected us until January. 

Ah, the language of the transfer window!

Monitoring: sending scouts to watch him.

Keeping tabs on: sending scouts to watch him again.

Enquiry: are you prepared to sell?

Offer: informal verbal bid.

Bid: formal written bid.

Rejected: **** off! ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Ah, the language of the transfer window!

Monitoring: sending scouts to watch him.

Keeping tabs on: sending scouts to watch him again.

Enquiry: are you prepared to sell?

Offer: informal verbal bid.

Bid: formal written bid.

Rejected: **** off! ?

This is LJ and MA's idea of a wet dream. 

'retain' and 'trading' being other personal favourites of theirs. 

I think your absolutely right though, the language used does reference where we are in the market. I think it's fairly obvious that both Scott and Semenyo will have clubs "keeping tabs on" them, possibly with some even getting to the enquiry stage. 

One thing I think is for certain, if there is to be a bid, it will become common knowledge very quickly.

So no news is good news in this case. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

We should brace ourselves for a surprisingly modest offer from a prem. club. The landscape is still different post Covid and no one’s gong to offer £15-20m with add ons. Initial offers may be £5-7m and at £8+ we are at risk. And we’re not just a selling club now, we’re a selling club in a hole. Difficult to keep a player anyway who can triple his wages with a move to any team in the top flight. Either Scott or Antoine will go this window- NP will demand it because he knows he needs 2/3 more and this is the only way to finance it- and the fee will probably be ‘undisclosed’ as it won’t be over £10m. 

I largely agree, however you can add Weimann in to that Scott/Semenyo. Two in two for the club at the bottom after last seasons tally, will put him on quite a few radars, at home or abroad!