IGNORED

Warnock would still manage us

Keepers Ball

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ask Boro fans how his last spell went.

Spent a fortune on shite that Wilder is now trying to offload, & loaned out Djed Spence to a rival club that got promoted.

He’s past it.

True it wasn’t good with Boro- however is Pearson not another dinosaur which the modern game has bypassed?

• Like 2

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

True it wasn’t good with Boro- however is Pearson not another dinosaur which the modern game has bypassed?

I don’t know, time will tell.

By he’s 58, Warnock is 73, they aren’t even the same generation.

• Like 1

FFS settle down some of you. Typical response on here. Too quick to shoot down anyone's comments.

It's got sod all to do with Pearson or the last two defeats.

Just a highlight he mentioned us. An intersting and entertaining podcast.

I dont care who it is. Its nice when any manager looks favourably at our club

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good listen; it's at 42 minutes if you wish to miss a lot of good conversation.

His response to who would you have liked to manage was: Portsmouth, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday "to an extent".

I take that as he sees those three clubs as already having a lot going for them but which he feels he could take up to the next level; rather than a long arduous struggle to take a small skint club up through the divisions.

I see it as a nod to our potential and that being an established Championship club with decent facilities and without crippling debt is the ideal springboard for an ambitious manager.

It's incorrect to view it as a "sack Pearson" thread; for the financial restraints under which he's working I think Nige is doing a decent job and I would hope that his job isn't in question.

• Like 8

When we're second bottom in January and 5 points adrift (having played a game more than everyone else), I want Warnock here to do what he did with Rotherham when he kept them up. Although, we'll then need him again the following January and the novelty might've worn off a bit. Anything to keep us out of L1 and from another bleedin' tinpot Bristol "derby."

• Like 1

I am more than prepared to let Pearson remedy matters after just 2 games, so he has until early October to prove himself, which i believe he will, but if he hasn't  sorted our deficiencies by then........well his position will probably be become untenable.  Just worried about his tactical naivety,   his poor use of substitutes, and his favourtism towards certain players?   Dasilva is an ok defender, but he cannot cross and he cannot shoot, so why is he a wing back?  ( Sorry, it has been bothering me, and i had to get it off my chest..Ha!)       

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

He's retired and loving life but was asked who he'd have lived to have managed.

Heard him say us back in the early 2000s.

Well he said it again 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cqqdv1?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

What minute does he talk about city , can’t be bothered to listen to the whole podcast, thanks 

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Spent a fortune on shite that Wilder is now trying to offload, & loaned out Djed Spence to a rival club that got promoted.

He’s past it.

I work with a Boro fan and what you have said echo’s what he says to me about Warnock’s time there. By all accounts they were glad to see the back of him.

For what it’s worth I’ve always been a fan of Warnock and genuinely think if he had been given the chance here possibly after say GJ had got sacked we would have had at least one stint in the Prem by now.

The ship has sailed now though and IMO he is pretty finished in club management particularly at this level even if he did want to come out of retirement.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He’s past it.

Be fair Graham. If City employed Neil they could dispense with midfield and make a fortune by selling Robins' themed neck braces to alleviate the strain for fans staring at the sky, as the ball re-enters Earth's atmosphere. Its win, win. 

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Be fair Graham. If City employed Neil they could dispense with midfield and make a fortune by selling Robins' themed neck braces to alleviate the strain for fans staring at the sky, as the ball re-enters Earth's atmosphere. Its win, win. 

Not much different to what’s being served up now,with our weakness in midfield it’s mostly bypassed anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He looked happy and relaxed when I saw him fully togged up in his walking gear complete with stick last week down in Looe. Looked like he was just heading off to tackle a section of the SW coast path and was buying a pasty to take with him.

Yes he has a place there, My mate, who knows nothing about football had a place next door.

One day he was telling me about his noisy, annoying neighbour who would have friends over regularly, making a lot of noise in their garden into the early hours. Knowing I liked football he asked me if I’d heard of a Neil Warnock, because someone had told him he was a football man.

I told him - hoist a Bristol City flag and Chant Neil Warnock’s a w***** it’s the only way you’ll both get along. 

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes he has a place there, My mate, who knows nothing about football had a place next door.

One day he was telling me about his noisy, annoying neighbour who would have friends over regularly, making a lot of noise in their garden into the early hours. Knowing I liked football he asked me if I’d heard of a Neil Warnock, because someone had told him he was a football man.

I told him - hoist a Bristol City flag and Chant Neil Warnock’s a w***** it’s the only way you’ll both get along. 

Yes he does live in Looe (a lovely house it is too and he lets out one wing of it!). He owns quite a lot of property in the town which is managed by a guy I do a lot of work for so I get asked to do surveys on them - he is a very good landlord and his tenants can`t speak highly enough of him.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, maxjak said:

Why stop at Warnock?  ...........Let's interview Alf Ramsey and Brian Clough?

It’s Harry Thickitt I feel sorry for. Most successful manager in our history, gets us runners up in the top flight and to an FA Cup final and still our ungrateful supporters overlook him for trendier young whippersnappers like Ramsey and Warnock.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, maxjak said:

I am more than prepared to let Pearson remedy matters after just 2 games, so he has until early October to prove himself, which i believe he will, but if he hasn't  sorted our deficiencies by then........well his position will probably be become untenable.  Just worried about his tactical naivety,   his poor use of substitutes, and his favourtism towards certain players?   Dasilva is an ok defender, but he cannot cross and he cannot shoot, so why is he a wing back?  ( Sorry, it has been bothering me, and i had to get it off my chest..Ha!)       

I agree mate strange goings on pring been out a while now klose out of favour when he tightened it up at the back and conway infront of wells ? I hope he sorts it out as i thought he would time will tell .