IGNORED

What a mess

Ivorguy

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

For "bed wetters" read fans who are worried. Take a look at the 2 teams last night WBA and Watford either would blow us away at the moment and both are likely to be in a different league than us next season.

Then look at the games coming this month Wigan, Luton, Cardiff, Blackpool, Hudders, wouldnt bet on us getting 2 or 3 points from the lot; past that hmmmm, Sept brings Blackburn, Preston, Norwich and Burnley...we should all be worried.

Cant see where the wins or any win is coming from, add that to the fact that if any sort of bid that comes in for any of our top players they are gone,

We seem very weak atm on and off the pitch, if we do manage a few points somehow, likely we could well get points deduction, if you are not worried you should be we will be doing very well to stay in this div this season.

NP seems very "dull" and needs a bit of bounce around the ground injecting, I`d bring back double winning SC myself, not gonna happen with SL here.

So would love us to be midtable at least this year, cant see it though...worried, very worried.

If you can't support us through our struggles, you don't deserve to enjoy our success!

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

For "bed wetters" read fans who are worried. Take a look at the 2 teams last night WBA and Watford either would blow us away at the moment and both are likely to be in a different league than us next season.

Then look at the games coming this month Wigan, Luton, Cardiff, Blackpool, Hudders, wouldnt bet on us getting 2 or 3 points from the lot; past that hmmmm, Sept brings Blackburn, Preston, Norwich and Burnley...we should all be worried.

Cant see where the wins or any win is coming from, add that to the fact that if any sort of bid that comes in for any of our top players they are gone,

We seem very weak atm on and off the pitch, if we do manage a few points somehow, likely we could well get points deduction, if you are not worried you should be we will be doing very well to stay in this div this season.

NP seems very "dull" and needs a bit of bounce around the ground injecting, I`d bring back double winning SC myself, not gonna happen with SL here.

So would love us to be midtable at least this year, cant see it though...worried, very worried.

Bet you are fun at parties. 

Wigan are unbeaten in their first two matches and I can imagine their supporters think they have made a solid return to Championship football. City, by contrast, have been beaten in both opening games.

Yet if City beat Wigan in our next league game we go above Wigan. 

As I think Bazooka Joe stated earlier, look how Nottingham Forest started last season and look where they ended. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Wigan are unbeaten in their first two matches and I can imagine their supporters think they have made a solid return to Championship football. City, by contrast, have been beaten in both opening games.

Yet if City beat Wigan in our next league game we go above Wigan. 

As I think Bazooka Joe stated earlier, look how Nottingham Forest started last season and look where they ended. 

The forest analogy is probably not the best, with regard to keeping NP as manager.

• Haha 1

We were one of the highest scorers in our division last year. Get AS and TK back in the fold and we will be ok. There's no reason we can't string a few decent results together.

Cut out the silly defensive mistakes and I am confident we will finish mid table. Which to me would be an achievement with our financial situation. 

It's not great but certainly not the worst I have seen. Glass has to be half full for me.

• Like 2

We’re in this mess because of Ashton and throwing money at LJ.

We get a few free transfers in because we have got no money to spend as a result of FFP and fans are deeply concerned that we’re not in the top 6?! Have a head wobble!

We lost the opening match due to an awful refereeing decision and a complete freak goal.

We lost to Sunderland because we can’t seem to keep up the tempo for 90 minutes, plus we lost James in the warm up and had to go with the headless chicken.

It’s obvious we need players but at least we are competing in games and creating chances unlike we did under Holden and LJ’s latter tenure.

It’s going to be like this for some time, but we’re two games in and there are no alarm bells that are needed to be rang just yet. Just disappointing results in games where luck wasn’t on our side.

We’ll improve a bit, but don’t expect top 6 with 3 free transfers, two of which were lower league punts. If you believe that then you are deluded.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

We’re in this mess because of Ashton and throwing money at LJ.

We get a few free transfers in because we have got no money to spend as a result of FFP and fans are deeply concerned that we’re not in the top 6?! Have a head wobble!

We lost the opening match due to an awful refereeing decision and a complete freak goal.

We lost to Sunderland because we can’t seem to keep up the tempo for 90 minutes, plus we lost James in the warm up and had to go with the headless chicken.

It’s obvious we need players but at least we are competing in games and creating chances unlike we did under Holden and LJ’s latter tenure.

It’s going to be like this for some time, but we’re two games in and there are no alarm bells that are needed to be rang just yet. Just disappointing results in games where luck wasn’t on our side.

We’ll improve a bit, but don’t expect top 6 with 3 free transfers, two of which were lower league punts. If you believe that then you are deluded.

Ahhhhhhhh

Some common sense

• Like 1

After listening to Pearson's press conference today?...........I believe "Mess"  is a considerable understatement?  We are mostly an ill equipped shambles, how did we ever end up in such a poorly organised situation?  We will somehow limp onwards through the season, with fingers crossed that we don't succumb to any significant injuries? 

I cannot get my head round just how threadbare our squad is?   If we finish above 18th it will be a miracle.............the team i have supported throughout my life, has become a poorly financed and mismanaged shadow of it's former self?    Listening to Pearson's negative droning just depress's the pheck out of me, although i appreciate it is the reality of our situation?   The loyal supporters of Bristol City deserve so much better..........what is the point of a billionaire owner.....if we play and perform like a badly scripted sitcom?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

After listening to Pearson's press conference today?...........I believe "Mess"  is a considerable understatement?  We are mostly an ill equipped shambles, how did we ever end up in such a poorly organised situation?  We will somehow limp onwards through the season, with fingers crossed that we don't succumb to any significant injuries? 

I cannot get my head round just how threadbare our squad is?   If we finish above 18th it will be a miracle.............the team i have supported throughout my life, has become a poorly financed and mismanaged shadow of it's former self?    Listening to Pearson's negative droning just depress's the pheck out of me, although i appreciate it is the reality of our situation?   The loyal supporters of Bristol City deserve so much better..........what is the point of a billionaire owner.....if we play and perform like a badly scripted sitcom?

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Good Luck to LJ..........he did a great job at City...........it was Ashton who should have been hung out to dry.?  I have no problem with LJ , and wish him well in his future. Constant progress year on year, with higher finishes up the table, and a fantastic League Cup adventure...........despite having to constantly sell our best players.  LJ was never the problem IMHO.

Keep working at it , eventually you will work it out 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

If you can't support us through our struggles, you don't deserve to enjoy our success!

? Been to the top and bottom with this my club, had season ticket for Dolman for its first 2 years, used to go to most away and all home back in the Galley, Garland, Gow, Gibson days. Gone to pot since the EE got chopped, lost our way now and continue to go around in circles.

Poor manager and CEO selection has got us here, new engine driver required for a new journey.

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Nothing like.

SL has publicly announced he would sell

Bad management in my opinion as it must undermine coaches and players.  NP would probably first to receive P45

That's practically what I said, and what SL said in Saturday on Radio Bristol. He said, the club isn't on the market but he would sell it if the right buyer and offer came along. He hasn't put the club "up for sale", but he would sell it under the right circumstances. 

18 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Keep working at it , eventually you will work it out 

Yep, my sentiments exactly. We've been in worse places in the past, but boy we were in a very good position not so long ago, a position completely undermined by SL's dogged refusal to recognise the moment when the LJ/MA regime was revealed to be not up to the mark. He wasn't alone of course, plenty of others were taken in! Pity, what a waste. Threw it away. I happen to think NP is doing an ok job in tough circumstances. Green shoots and all that. Hoping things will turn when we get Antoine and Kalas back.

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, chucky said:

That's practically what I said, and what SL said in Saturday on Radio Bristol. He said, the club isn't on the market but he would sell it if the right buyer and offer came along. He hasn't put the club "up for sale", but he would sell it under the right circumstances. 

What he said was that the club isn't on the market, but it is. As he confirmed that full control of the club was up for grabs.

That's like me saying my house isn't for sale, but I would sell the freehold if the price is right.

Bristol City FC is for sale, and has been for sale, for quite some time. 

Going all the way back to the pre-season tour of Florida in 2019 in fact. 

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What he said was that the club isn't on the market, but it is. As he confirmed that full control of the club was up for grabs.

That's like me saying my house isn't for sale, but I would sell the freehold if the price is right.

Probably not an easy concept to sell at the moment. With it's massive operating costs to turnover imbalance; it would have to be a vanity project by someone to take it over.

Would be asking a lot for the same person to also be interested in buying Bristol Sport, and all it's various sporting entities.

Also what would happen with the Sports village, if various owners were involved of separate pieces of the pie. Surely it would have an effect on it ever making it off the drawing board?

Dans quel gâchis nous sommes.

Un propriétaire disant qu'il veut sortir après avoir échoué dans son objectif déclaré pendant plus d'un quart de siècle

De nombreux fans veulent que le manager sorte

Trop petite équipe à ce niveau Les meilleurs joueurs peuvent encore partir, même les pires joueurs qui partent pourraient laisser des lacunes incombables dans l'équipe

Possible déduction de points encore à l'horizon.

Soutenir City n'a jamais été facile, au cours de mes 8 décennies en tant que fan, mais la coupe de malheur actuelle semble vraiment très inquiétante.

19 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Wtf is Ian Gay

The most critical and negative City ‘fan’ you’ll ever come across. Try listening to RB post match and he’s usually on explaining where the team and Nige went wrong………….……,.:facepalm:

He also takes part in various podcasts and if he’s on then I don’t bother to listen - I just can’t tolerate his negativity so best not tune in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The most critical and negative City ‘fan’ you’ll ever come across. Try listening to RB post match and he’s usually on explaining where the team and Nige went wrong………….……,.:facepalm:

He also takes part in various podcasts and if he’s on then I don’t bother to listen - I just can’t tolerate his negativity so best not tune in.

Cheers Rob

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Cheers Rob

I know we lost first-two games.

But I do feel there where lots of positives in both. Yes we still got to stop mistakes at the back. But our generally play has looked decent. If we did take a nap for 20 minutes seconed half saterday ?

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril

23 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I know we lost first-two games.

But I do feel there where lots of positives in both. Yes we still got to stop mistakes at the back. But our generally play has looked decent. If we did take a nap for 20 minutes seconed half saterday ?

I agree about the positives. I’ve certainly seen some decent quick incisive passing moves already this season and I haven’t always been able to say that. 

4 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Bet you are fun at parties. 

reality a bitch aint it, by the way had loads of fun and great days out and at the old grounds in Cardiff, Liecs,Swindon, Millwall, Southampton,Watford, Qpr, Wolves, Brum, Preston, Blackburn, Burnley etc, etc; not forgetting great days in the Eastend/Enclosure/Open End; great fun and great days at the footie.

Now what have you got f.f.s sit down shut up and dont fing swear what ever you do, its the way it is now, even have a computer telling the ref if it was a pen/offside/goal/foal wtf I`ll pass on that.

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Dans quel gâchis nous sommes.

Un propriétaire disant qu'il veut sortir après avoir échoué dans son objectif déclaré pendant plus d'un quart de siècle

De nombreux fans veulent que le manager sorte

Trop petite équipe à ce niveau Les meilleurs joueurs peuvent encore partir, même les pires joueurs qui partent pourraient laisser des lacunes incombables dans l'équipe

Possible déduction de points encore à l'horizon.

Soutenir City n'a jamais été facile, au cours de mes 8 décennies en tant que fan, mais la coupe de malheur actuelle semble vraiment très inquiétante.

Yeah that's what I thought. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I used that same house sale analogy in a previous reply. 

What he said was the club isn't on the market but that he would sell it if the buyer was under the right circumstances. He would be selling them PULA as the buyer would be getting everything. He said that he hasn't had any offers an doesn't expect any for some time. He said they are looking for outside investment and for someone to bring in some fresh ideas. When Twentyman pressed on how much an invested would have to make SL said tens of millions would be required. He also said he would sell more than half his stake if the investment was right for the group. 

What a mess we are in.

An owner saying he wants out having failed in his declared objective for over a quarter of a century

Many fans wanting manager out

Too small a squad at this level

Best players may yet leave, even worst players leaving could leave unfillable gaps in squad

Possible points deduction still on the horizon.

Supporting City has, over my 8 decades as a fan, never been easy but the present cup of woe does seem very worrying indeed.

• Like 1