IGNORED

U21s today

GrahamC

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Already 1 up away at Barnsley, Tommy Blackwell with the goal.

Idehen, Owers both starting, Towler & Kadji are not, which suggests to me they’ll be involved tomorrow.

Yes that certainly sounds like Towler and Kadji in the cup. In an ideal world we'd have 3 or 4 points and tomorrow would be viewed as a free hit, it's got a bit of importance now given the form table reads LL. But we still have to rotate and it's good to see the next gen of prospects on the grass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yes that certainly sounds like Towler and Kadji in the cup. In an ideal world we'd have 3 or 4 points and tomorrow would be viewed as a free hit, it's got a bit of importance now given the form table reads LL. But we still have to rotate and it's good to see the next gen of prospects on the grass. 

Bare minimum these 2 are on the bench tomorrow.

• Like 1

Why are there no fixtures for u-23's shown on the website? I didn,t even know they were playing today.

Is there something sininister going on with this team?  There were no tickets available for the last 3 games of last season,

because ithey were apparently sold out, although i never actually saw them on sale. If you watched those games on Robins

TV, there was hardly any supporters there, so how could they be sold out.

I have mentioned this on 2 occassions now to Jerry when i have seen him at 1st team games, perhaps if he reads this he could give me 

an answer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

Why are there no fixtures for u-23's shown on the website? I didn,t even know they were playing today.

Is there something sininister going on with this team?  There were no tickets available for the last 3 games of last season,

because ithey were apparently sold out, although i never actually saw them on sale. If you watched those games on Robins

TV, there was hardly any supporters there, so how could they be sold out.

I have mentioned this on 2 occassions now to Jerry when i have seen him at 1st team games, perhaps if he reads this he could give me 

an answer.

Maybe because it was U21s today 

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Already 1 up away at Barnsley, Tommy Blackwell with the goal.

Idehen, Owers both starting, Towler & Kadji are not, which suggests to me they’ll be involved tomorrow.

BAckwell has scored in the last three games for the 23s now I think… from midfield. Goal scoring midfielders are rare these days!

19 minutes ago, Hup said:

BAckwell has scored in the last three games for the 23s now I think… from midfield. Goal scoring midfielders are rare these days!

@Davefevs will confirm , or correct me 

( Dave knows his dad from playing days and had a chat with him at the Coventry U23 Final )

Im pretty sure IIRC that he did play up front but had been moved into a midfield role

He certainly made an impact when he came on in the Cov game 

50 minutes ago, Hup said:

Pretty sure he’s come back from a nasty injury, too.

Fair play to the lad, I’d love to see him & Seb Palmer-Houlden both succeed, indeed any of the local lads.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

@Davefevs will confirm , or correct me 

( Dave knows his dad from playing days and had a chat with him at the Coventry U23 Final )

Im pretty sure IIRC that he did play up front but had been moved into a midfield role

He certainly made an impact when he came on in the Cov game 

Yes, always been a striker but club see his best chance of making it as a no8.  Had a good loan at Hallen last season, and then started to break into 23s after Xmas.

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was going to ask about this. 

I don't recall any U21 matches for a while, seemed to always be U23 past few seasons 

Is this a rebrand of youth leagues? 

Yes, PDL is now u21s.

@Lrrrconfirmed:

last season - u23s - 3 over age plus keeper allowed

this season - u21s - 5 over age plus keeper allowed

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Yesterdays u21 game was was U23 as it recorded as 3-2 on the u23 results and fixtures page? There are now fixtures for the U23's? but no ticket details kick off times and venue??

I’m sure the OS pages will be changed at some point to reflect its now u21 league.

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Os page shows a u23 squad not updated since 2021. sure as well the OS pages will be changed in the next couple of years!!

The club got the media day photos back sometime in the last week so imagine it will be updated soon, they always wait until they have the photos back before updating

For fixtures if people wanted to know you could just check the league website

https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures?team=U21&co=6&cl=2627