IGNORED

Cam Pring

robin for life

4 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Having watched Nige's interview, does anyone think that Cam Pring might have peeved him off. Pearson seemed rather aggressive when asked why he wasn't in the squad last weekend. 

I think it’s more he gets peeved off with ‘questions’ that basically question his selections or leave the idea there may be an underlying issue

Hes similar when asked similar about any player not in the side

• Like 8

To be fair, Nige gets spikey at most questions he's asked. I think his attitude reflects the results his team are getting.

I like Pring and actually think he would be a better option than JD but i'm not sure we'll see much of him.

JD is clearly a better technical footballer but he really does flatter to deceive. Pring has the athleticism and pace to do well in the left wing back role so i hope he does get back to fitness. Whether Nige selects him is another question.

• Like 5

I have said for a while I think Pring has a bit to do to get back into Nige’s good books.

People focussed on Vyner rarely featuring after the 3-1 defeat at Swansea but nor did he, making only 3 starts after February.

I know he has had a few injuries but I’m not sure he’s inked in to his plans.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have said for a while I think Pring has a bit to do to get back into Nige’s good books.

People focussed on Vyner rarely featuring after the 3-1 defeat at Swansea but nor did he, making only 3 starts after February.

This is one of my big issues with Nige and the way he manages the squad. I don't think Pring did alot wrong when he played and yet the perception is that he has to get back in to his good books.

Obviously we don't know all that goes on behind the scenes but we only have a small squad and surely every player is vital.

Jay doesn't fill me with huge confidence and he will never justify the fee we paid for him (not his fault i know). I just think Pring would be a really good option.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I can’t recall which match it was last season when, in virtually the last minute, rather than take the ball to the corner flag when he was already in their half, he lost possession and we conceded an equaliser.

I am pretty sure that, almost immediately after the final whistle, NP said in his post-match interview that he was fed up with players who wouldn’t follow instructions

I remember, I was convinced at the time he was referring to Pring.

• Like 2

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

I can’t recall which match it was last season when, in virtually the last minute, rather than take the ball to the corner flag when he was already in their half, he lost possession and we conceded an equaliser.

I am pretty sure that, almost immediately after the final whistle, NP said in his post-match interview that he was fed up with players who wouldn’t follow instructions

I remember, I was convinced at the time he was referring to Pring.

Preston away IIRC

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, Swansea away not long after that he failed to notice his man at the back stick who tapped it in for a goal.

I don’t remember many clangers from Pring and that was no worse a mistake than Naismith on Saturday but I doubt he’ll land on the discard pile!! 
There does seem a lot of “face fits” with NP and I’m not sure the tough love approach really works with modern players. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I don’t remember many clangers from Pring and that was no worse a mistake than Naismith on Saturday but I doubt he’ll land on the discard pile!! 
There does seem a lot of “face fits” with NP and I’m not sure the tough love approach really works with modern players. 

I told you what they were.

Are you suggesting we ditch Naismith then?

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think it’s more he gets peeved off with ‘questions’ that basically question his selections or leave the idea there may be an underlying issue

Hes similar when asked similar about any player not in the side

Agree - it’s the Q not the player. He explains that he selects the starting 11 and bench based on what he thinks is best for the team on the day. Pretty logical and straightforward. Doesn’t have to be a conspiracy theory every time someone doesn’t make the squad. Some of the Qs were even about not making the squad last season! 

Pearson seemed frustrated during pre-season. Pring withdrew himself from a friendly saying that he wasn't fit to play. 

Add in the fact that Pring often needs to be subbed after 60 minutes as he is knackered. 

I think Pearson wants players who will push through the pain barrier. However that said, I do not think he has a problem with Pring. I think Pring just needs to earn his place back in the squad. 

I thought it was odd that we have had two right wing backs on the bench instead of Pring in recent weeks. 

FWIW, the standard of questioning in the press conference was very poor. A lot of topics were repeated, and a few journalists answered their own questions.

• Like 1

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

Pearson seemed frustrated during pre-season. Pring withdrew himself from a friendly saying that he wasn't fit to play. 

Add in the fact that Pring often needs to be subbed after 60 minutes as he is knackered. 

I think Pearson wants players who will push through the pain barrier. However that said, I do not think he has a problem with Pring. I think Pring just needs to earn his place back in the squad. 

I thought it was odd that we have had two right wing backs on the bench instead of Pring in recent weeks. 

FWIW, the standard of questioning in the press conference was very poor. A lot of topics were repeated, and a few journalists answered their own questions.

Agree. My favourite is the one who thinks Coventry are a one man team (Kasey Palmer) and expects us to be working night and day solely on our plans to stop him! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Agree, he's usually "blowing" after 70 minutes. 

I’ve wondered for a while whether his asthma is an issue.

* On a similar issue , and when people say Chris Martins ‘legs have gone, its worth remembering he  suffers from Colitis which can be debilitating 

Edited by Sheltons Army

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I told you what they were.

Are you suggesting we ditch Naismith then?

Not sure I understand. I’m expanding on what you said. It seems Pring hasn’t been trusted since dropping a clanger. Naismith dropped an equal clanger (and is way more experienced). Im saying neither should be dropped for a big mistake, as all players make them. Problem is that Pring, who seemed pretty steady, has really had to pay the penalty for his mistake… I’m saying it seems not all players are treated equally. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

To add….he said at the end of the season, he thought Pring had a very good breakthrough season.  He made 40 squads.  I think the season caught up with him.  It’s a physical leap from lg1 / lg2, couple that with training whilst trying to adjust…and it catches up with you.

I think people read far too much into things.

Now, this summer he’s missed a lot of pre-season.  Trying to catch up pre-season is hard, because you’re trying to get fit whilst not getting the chance to impress in training.  It’s a bit of a double edged sword.

So, he’s now back in contention, but needs to force his way in….I don’t see the problem. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

To add….he said at the end of the season, he thought Pring had a very good breakthrough season.  He made 40 squads.  I think the season caught up with him.  It’s a physical leap from lg1 / lg2, couple that with training whilst trying to adjust…and it catches up with you.

I think people read far too much into things.

Now, this summer he’s missed a lot of pre-season.  Trying to catch up pre-season is hard, because you’re trying to get fit whilst not getting the chance to impress in training.  It’s a bit of a double edged sword.

So, he’s now back in contention, but needs to force his way in….I don’t see the problem. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Personally, I think Pring performed well last season. He looked good in the left Wing-back role. 

He does tend to exhaust all his energy around the 60 minute mark (can be common for wing-backs), so there's always the question of needing to sub him during the game. 

I don't believe Nige has problem with Pring, but definitely wants to see abit more from him. Nige does like to challenge players who aren't currently in the starting 11 (seen with Bentley, Dasilva and Atkinson previously). 

But as you mention, Pring is now trying to catch up on match fitness, and will feature at some point. Pring certainly has the ability to force himself back in. 

• Like 4

This is a non story.

Cam missed lots of pre season due to a niggly injury, and now has to work his way back to full fitness and get himself back in the team,

There were a couple of enquiries for Cam over the summer, but these were rebuffed by City - NP told Pring how important he would be this year (competing with one of our better performers/players) and he would get plenty of game time due to the 5 sub ruling and fitness needed at LWB/RWB positions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Not sure I understand. I’m expanding on what you said. It seems Pring hasn’t been trusted since dropping a clanger. Naismith dropped an equal clanger (and is way more experienced). Im saying neither should be dropped for a big mistake, as all players make them. Problem is that Pring, who seemed pretty steady, has really had to pay the penalty for his mistake… I’m saying it seems not all players are treated equally. 

Problem is, Pring’s ‘clanger’ was almost 90 yards from our goal at Preston. Hardly a clanger as we had the whole pitch to defend when he lost it. 
Naismith trying to take on the striker 25 yards from goal when ive seen milk turn faster than him was way worse, yet hes a Pearson signing so will be nothing heard about it!

Pring is a very decent left sided player for us. He does seem to struggle near the ends of games but you get the benefit of him for 70 mins or a substitute cameo for 30. 
I think Nige holds a grudge too easily imo. 

• Like 3

Unless anyone on here has solid Information about a grudge against Cam by NP, then its all just speculation and reading into situations and making assumptions that could be way off. 

You only have to look at the DaSilva situation and maybe Vyner to see if you work hard the door is open. The exception being TB, but I think he said something that NP had to stamp his authority on and there was no way back from for him.

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Problem is, Pring’s ‘clanger’ was almost 90 yards from our goal at Preston. Hardly a clanger as we had the whole pitch to defend when he lost it. 
Naismith trying to take on the striker 25 yards from goal when ive seen milk turn faster than him was way worse, yet hes a Pearson signing so will be nothing heard about it!

Pring is a very decent left sided player for us. He does seem to struggle near the ends of games but you get the benefit of him for 70 mins or a substitute cameo for 30. 
I think Nige holds a grudge too easily imo. 

He does seem to hold a grudge, that and putting people on the naughty step, the tough love approach all seems increasingly outdated now.  

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

He does seem to hold a grudge, that and putting people on the naughty step, the tough love approach all seems increasingly outdated now.  

Yep. Works for a while i reckon ( GJ was the same ), but it soon wears off and player-power will take hold at some point and the Manager will be gone. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I stated watching it and turned it off after a few minutes. It's just awful journalism imo.

2 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Personally, I think Pring performed well last season. He looked good in the left Wing-back role. 

So do I. When he goes forward he reminds me a bit of Dave Smith…not particularly refined, but quick and powerful.

36 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

But pretty much every player says Nige is nothing like that.  Demanding, yes, but that’s what building the right culture is about.  As fans we moaned like “hell” that we had a cosy club attitude running through the club, now we moan because the standards required are higher.

I see absolutely no evidence that Cam and Nige have had any falling out.  Nige can be very blunt (rude) in his media interviews, but his answers yesterday were just that…not aimed at Cam, more at the useless first interviewer who set the tone with a shit set of Qs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1