IGNORED

Cam Pring

robin for life

12 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I don’t remember many clangers from Pring and that was no worse a mistake than Naismith on Saturday but I doubt he’ll land on the discard pile!! 
There does seem a lot of “face fits” with NP and I’m not sure the tough love approach really works with modern players. 

If Naismith regularly did that, he most certainly would be in the discard pile. The fact it was a one-off mistake and he had an otherwise OK match means of course, he'll still feature.

One thing about Pearson is he has shown he is willing to drop all sorts of players, from Bentley (in the past) to Wells, if he thinks they are consistently not performing. 

The starts given to Zak Vyner show he is also open to allow people to work their way back into contention.  Not that I think Zak has managed that after his failure in the Sunderland game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If Naismith regularly did that, he most certainly would be in the discard pile. The fact it was a one-off mistake and he had an otherwise OK match means of course, he'll still feature.

One thing about Pearson is he has shown he is willing to drop all sorts of players, from Bentley (in the past) to Wells, if he thinks they are consistently not performing. 

The starts given to Zak Vyner show he is also open to allow people to work their way back into contention.  Not that I think Zak has managed that after his failure in the Sunderland game.

As Naismith was probably our MOTM v Hull, one mistake and one bad performance don’t deserve the hook.  As you say, if he continues with rickets then he will find himself out if the team too.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So do I. When he goes forward he reminds me a bit of Dave Smith…not particularly refined, but quick and powerful.

But pretty much every player says Nige is nothing like that.  Demanding, yes, but that’s what building the right culture is about.  As fans we moaned like “hell” that we had a cosy club attitude running through the club, now we moan because the standards required are higher.

I see absolutely no evidence that Cam and Nige have had any falling out.  Nige can be very blunt (rude) in his media interviews, but his answers yesterday were just that…not aimed at Cam, more at the useless first interviewer who set the tone with a shit set of Qs.

You only have to look at which posters are talking up a non-existent grudge and questioning the Managers approach. @brad blitis closest from what I've heard to what the situation is. 

I also think that issue with playing 90 minutes is a red herring, especially with the extra subs now, I don't think we will expect any of our wingbacks to be playing the whole game if there are suitable replacements, I don't think it's possible for more than a handful of players in all football to play that role effectively all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As Naismith was probably our MOTM v Hull, one mistake and one bad performance don’t deserve the hook.  As you say, if he continues with rickets then he will find himself out if the team too.

Sorry to be a pedant.......but he also made 2 mistakes v Sunderland?   The early goal when he lost the ball coming out of defence, and he was the wrong side of the attacker who scored the headed third?  Don't  get me wrong, i highly rate Naismith, and over the course of the season i am sure he will prove to be  a great asset?  It is just that everyone is on Vyner's case for one pheck up on Saturday........whereas for me, Naismith was responsible for two?  Of course he should stay in the side, as he is quality, just a couple of blips while he settles in, he will be fine long term, of which i am certain?

Edited by maxjak
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry to be a pedant.......but he also made 2 mistakes v Sunderland?   The early goal when he lost the ball coming out of defence, and he was the wrong side of the attacker who scored the headed third?  Don't  get me wrong, i highly rate Naismith, and over the course of the season i am sure he will prove to be  a great asset?  It is just that everyone is on Vyner's case for one pheck up on Saturday........whereas for me, Naismith was responsible for two?  Of course he should stay in the side, as he is quality, just a couple of blips while he settles in, he will be fine long term, of which i am certain?

I think he was partially at fault for the third goal too, but I’d wrapped that up in “bad performances”.  You could argue others contributed to that goal, e.g. Williams allowing Pritchard ages to cross.  I might also argue he was goal side but badly positioned rather than wrong side per se, but I think we are in agreement he had a poor game overall…that’s the main point.

And I agree re Vyner too.  My post on Saturday evening was (paraphrased) - why is there a thread for Vyner but not Naismith.

Again we agree that Naismith is unlikely (based on history) to be repeating said mistake(s) like Vyner has.

• Like 1

team for tonight

Bentley

Vyner    Klose     Towler  

Tanner                             Pring

Naismith   Massengo

Wilson.       Wells         Sykes

Not sure if Pring fit

Bench -  Atkinson, Wieman, Martin, DSL and Williams 

Add King, Conway.

Add more pace into the front 3

A lot more energy in the team.

Gives Tanner, Towler and Pring a run out.

Can also go to the subs bench if needed.

Just now, Better Red said:

team for tonight

Bentley

Vyner    Klose     Towler  

Tanner                             Pring

Naismith   Massengo

Wilson.       Wells         Sykes

Not sure if Pring fit

Bench -  Atkinson, Wieman, Martin, DSL and Williams 

Add King, Conway.

Add more pace into the front 3

A lot more energy in the team.

Gives Tanner, Towler and Pring a run out.

Can also go to the subs bench if needed.

Front three

Wilson.     Wells    Sykes 

I was impressed by Pring last season. He’s been criticised for what happened at Preston, but I think he was unlucky there and we had the rest of the team behind the ball after he was fouled/tackled. I agree he was at fault for the goal conceded at Swansea. 

Not sure why he didn’t feature as much in the after part of last season but I’m pleased that he was back in the side tonight. 

• Like 2

Pring’s not a young player but still lacks experience at this level. If there was any grudge held against him because of his Preston last minutes decision, I think it’s really harsh. A player who’s broke through and exceeded expectations, who makes a few small mistakes and gets penalised for it. 
it’s all hearsay but personally would put Pring as first choice in the wingback role.

• Like 2

Pring gave a really good account of himself tonight. 

When he's in form, he can push Dasilva all the way. And likewise for Jay. 

We need that healthy competition within the squad, where players aren't comfortable that they will be starting every week. 

Conway's goals will also keep the frontline on their toes (although they are all in-form themselves). 

Competition for places within a small squad could do wonders for results/performances moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1