IGNORED

Why enter into the ‘ League ‘ cup?

Major Isewater

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Nobody seems to want the Carabao cup so why do teams enter ? Is it an obligation ?

I understand that the ‘ prize’ money is piffling so it’s not for the money unless you get lucky draws , the kind Mrs Isewater wears on the weekend.

So why compete if it is just an inconvenience? 

It is compulsory. 

• Like 1

It's probably useful for a lot of clubs in terms of squad management and giving players outside the first XI a shot at forcing their way into the managers' plans. 

There's only ever been one season I've actually enjoyed the League Cup but - whilst I know this almost definitely won't happen - if Dylan Kadji got a chance tonight and showed something that suggested he could solve our defensive midfield issue, that would make it worthwhile on its own. 

• Like 1

I really like the league cup.  Good chance for squad players and/or youngsters to get valuable game time and stake a claim for a first team spot. I like watching players I don’t normally get to watch.  The league cup has produced some great memories and I don’t really understand the negativity. If teams want to rest their first teamers then that’s absolutely fine 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So the Gas  cup run is over, now they can concentrate on relegation. 

I have a nightmare where we go down and they go up.

I haven't seen anything over the last 12 months that suggests we are going to be lucky to stay in the championship and who knows what Rovers can do.

• Confused 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I haven't seen anything over the last 12 months that suggests we are going to be lucky to stay in the championship and who knows what Rovers can do.

NEVER going to happen - we are lucky that our league is really poor this season and Rovers are a very long way off having the quality for promotion

27 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Maybe wait for more than two games played before predicting doom for us this season.  Many people had to backpeddle hastily after predicting we'd be relegated last season. Including every Gashead in existence. 

• Flames 1

55 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Three Semi Finals in over 50 years of watching us, is scant consolation for all the dismal early round defeats imo.

I'm in the really don't care for it camp.

I saw the home semi-final v Spurs as an 11 year old, both games v Forest and Man City.

Who could forget Mardon's goal at Forest, or being 1-0 up at half-time at the Ethiad, all wonderful memories. For a club that gets one succesful season on average every 10 years give me the League cup any day.

• Like 3