IGNORED

Saturday line up

Rocking Red Cyril

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The starting 11 on Saturday will depend on which players have recovered from tonight’s game and which ones have recovered from illness.

Trying to predict the team without all the information is a waste of time

Yes, I'd wait 'til we get all the information on the OS!

?

I wasn’t at the game but any reason not to stick with a winning line up? 
I’m not sure whether those left out are significantly better than today’s line up. What this line up will have is a bit of confidence - worth its weight in gold right now I’d reckon. 

Edited by Mendip City
  • Robin 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Nige confirms Jay and Joe rested. Didn’t mention Timm and we only named 8 subs. 

Poor that he wasn’t asked.

Anyone who did their research would already know why Williams wasn’t involved, that’s not the case with Klose.

Good to get a win, rest a few & some squad players (Pring, Conway, King) all contributed & staked their claim for selection.

6 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I wasn’t at the game but any reason not to stick with a winning line up? 
I’m not sure whether those left out are significantly better than today’s line up. What this line up will have is a bit of confidence - worth its weight in gold right now I’d reckon. 

We’ve just played a Coventry side that made 8 changes.

With respect, the likes of Williams & Dasilva are certain to come back in. To the annoyance of some on here, so will Martin.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The starting 11 on Saturday will depend on which players have recovered from tonight’s game and which ones have recovered from illness.

Trying to predict the team without all the information is a waste of time

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u5.j

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Saturday line up
24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We’ve just played a Coventry side that made 8 changes.

With respect, the likes of Williams & Dasilva are certain to come back in. To the annoyance of some on here, so will Martin.

Re Martin, sadly reckon you are right. Would so much prefer Conway instead with his extra mobility, pressing of defenders and goal threat, but cannot see NP not picking Martin.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Can’t agree. Not starting with Scott would be madness and can’t see King being fit enough to start again on Saturday. 

There’s no chance of it happening, Joe Williams was rested tonight, he’ll return.

Dasilva is available, so will he.

As you say, we limited Scott’s time tonight but he’s nailed on to start. King was asked to fill in tonight but he’ll be a sub on Saturday in the absence of James.

At least 4 changes to tonight’s team.

A couple of interesting points:

- Conway is knocking on the door, early in the season. Could get an opportunity at some point. 

- Weimann in the '10' position offers us much more when we are out of possession. He can drop into the midfield to be the extra body. 

- Wilson at Right-Wing Back offers more of a balance between attack and defence. 

- Scott in the '8' position may be required during James' absence. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see Saturday's starting XI look like:

Bentley

Wilson, Vyner, Naismith, Atkinson, Dasilva

Williams, Scott

Weimann

Martin, Conway

- I don't think Sykes has done anything wrong, but bringing in Wilson might help shore up the defence. 

- Sykes may start in the '10' position, allowing Weimann to play as a striker.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

I'm not sure anyone really forced their way into Saturday's starting line up tonight. Players came in, did their job, and played well. 

Pring was decent, but is a quite different player to Dasilva, so deciding who to start at LWB in any game is more subtle than just "who played well in the last one". I expect Dasilva to be back in.

Conway scored two, and impressed as he hustled a second choice Coventry defence, but he's not got Martin's guile or nous, and I suspect in a league game he'll make way for the senior player up front as well 

King is player/coach and is in the squad for exactly the role he played tonight: give a first XI player a rest and do a decent shift. Job done, now back on the bench for Saturday.

One place we might see a shift is at RWB. Tanner had a good cameo, and I think we'll now see that position settle down into a Tanner/Wilson choice. 

Overall I think Saturday's team will be closer to the Sunderland XI than tonight's.

• Like 4