IGNORED

Wigan Athletic away match day thread

On 11/08/2022 at 15:13, The Horse With No Name said:

Why have we started having matchday threads two days before the game?

Cuz we're better than  them  and theirs only started today; https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/the-robins-h.125948/

For once I’m gonna say those who sit in the West tomorrow are the lucky ones. Predicted to be about 32c at kickoff so the East is gonna be somewhat unpleasant to sit in. As for the game then the weather will play a factor and I suspect full use of the five substitutions will play a big part. Difficult one to predict. On paper one of the ‘easier’ home games we’ll probably face this season and they are on the back of a couple of narrow league defeats. Not sure form counts for much after two matches however. First goal may prove decisive. One nil win, but to whom in not sure.

They're poor at the back on set pieces. I'll go 2.0 Latics McClean and Lang.

They have recently brought in Broadhead from Everton and Fletcher from Watford, both on loan and both forwards. Will be a tougher test for our defence who will need our midfield to help and "stand" in front of them and be an outlet for them.

We have the players in defence and attack who can score but our midfield is key, going to be a baking hot day, Wigan will be at us from the off.

Solid team performance required to get anything, we are certainly capable, so lets bring home ALL the points. :fingerscrossed: Wigan 1-2 B.C.F.C

2 hours ago, tin said:

Wigan have had an extra day’s recovery as well from their League Cup game in midweek. I don’t think think can be underestimated in the heat, especially when key players like Weimann played the whole game for us on Weds.

I wouldn't underestimate the extra days rest. It could be a factor late on, five subs helps of course. Strange keeping Weimann on, but he got a goal to keep his run going and confidence high.

I'll go for a 2-1 win with Weimann and Martin scoring.

I hesitate to use superlatives/clichés like “must win game”, but I do feel we really need something from today’s game. The cup result in midweek was excellent, but of the two games this week today’s is the one we need a result from to really start our season and build momentum.

Head says draw, heart says city 2-1. COYRs.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Not a lot I’d imagine.

850 tickets already sold earlier in the week, guess you can also pay on the day because they have a large ground that’s never remotely full.

Anything approaching 1000 is a very decent effort, I would say.