IGNORED

Wigan Athletic away match day thread

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tomorrows ref is John Busby.

Reminded me of my then five year old daughter coming through Gatwick Airport.

My dad was a Coldstream Guard and at Gatwick they had a huge photo of iconic English scenes, which included the CG’s. I said to Hannah (5) ‘Grandad was one of those once’ she replied ‘Did he have to wear one of those big wigs?’?

4 hours ago, tin said:

Wigan have had an extra day’s recovery as well from their League Cup game in midweek. I don’t think think can be underestimated in the heat, especially when key players like Weimann played the whole game for us on Weds.

They made 11 changes in the week 

5 hours ago, tin said:

Wigan have had an extra day’s recovery as well from their League Cup game in midweek. I don’t think think can be underestimated in the heat, especially when key players like Weimann played the whole game for us on Weds.

They picked a completely different team in the cup, so either 1) nicely rested or 2) undercooked!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.559bde6185b72320d23dba9583c42ea6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d0a2f253bcd342036440ed5734da3bfe.jpeg

As it stands, they’ve made less signings than us.

Whoever plays up against James McLean is gonna be in for a right battle, very physical, bordering on dirty!

Wonder if the two loanees will start?  If not Magennis will be contesting a lot of aerial ball.  Woukd prefer Klose over Vyner in that respect, as Magennis is pretty slow too.

image.thumb.jpeg.b425a031026b690e61e5e4d88f7ff904.jpeg

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I would be absolutely amazed if we;

1) made 3 defensive changes,

2) changed formation.

OK..keep Dasilva in ?..

Feeling we need to sure things up as it sure ain't solid as we are.

Think going to four with Naysmith screening will help do that.

Genuine question as I don't follow as closely as many on here - is Pring injured??...or on the naughty step??...I think were lacking a little physicality/muscle which he can add.

Edited by Son of Fred
11 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

OK..keep Dasilva in ?..

Feeling we need to sure things up as it sure ain't solid as we are.

Think going to four with Naysmith screening will help do that.

Genuine question as I don't follow as closely as many on here - is Pring injured??...or on the naughty step??...I think were lacking a little physicality which he can add.

Pring started in midweek, and played well for the full 90 minutes. Not injured or out of favour, just second choice to Dasilva I think.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Pring started in midweek, and played well for the full 90 minutes. Not injured or out of favour, just second choice to Dasilva I think.

But has been injured most of pre-season hence why he’s only just got back into squad / got minutes.

Could be a nice battle for LWB as season progresses.

Pring gave us a real threat at the back post from right wing crosses on Wednesday night, and I do like the way he plays with physicality.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Meh said:

Why are they always essays no sane person would read - what a load of shit.

I scroll down to condensed version and start there

41 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How do you know they are a load of shit if you don't read them? @Jerseybean clearly does a good bit of research to try and match old Hav's work and you are being very disrespectful in calling it shit without cause. 

If you don't want to read them, fine, it's not like it's a surprise what they are about.

There might be a clue in his/her forum name!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But has been injured most of pre-season hence why he’s only just got back into squad / got minutes.

Could be a nice battle for LWB as season progresses.

Pring gave us a real threat at the back post from right wing crosses on Wednesday night, and I do like the way he plays with physicality.

Yeh, suspect it's not going to be a black and white first/second choice scenario. More an option X or option Y kind of thing. With each player starting depending on what type of LWB each game needs.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Meh said:

What a genuinely unpleasant post!

Well done @Jerseybeanfor taking the time and trouble to do a comprehensive MDT opener. It's all part of the match day experience and is invariably well researched with the odd nugget of new info. 

My only negative comment is that I think 24 hrs prior to match day is more than enough. Perhaps ( Mods?) it could be formalised to prevent a general free for all ? If someone has the time and ability to do a good MDT 'opener' then they should get the job.

Mind you, anyone who posts loads on here and can't even be bothered to spend £5 to become an OTIB supporter speaks volumes imho. Eh @Meh?

• Like 15
1 hour ago, Meh said:

show some respect. jerseybean puts a lot of time and effort in and i for one enjoy a good read on the teams we are playing.

if you dont like it dont read it or do one yourself

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

They picked a completely different team in the cup, so either 1) nicely rested or 2) undercooked!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.559bde6185b72320d23dba9583c42ea6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d0a2f253bcd342036440ed5734da3bfe.jpeg

As it stands, they’ve made less signings than us.

Whoever plays up against James McLean is gonna be in for a right battle, very physical, bordering on dirty!

Wonder if the two loanees will start?  If not Magennis will be contesting a lot of aerial ball.  Woukd prefer Klose over Vyner in that respect, as Magennis is pretty slow too.

image.thumb.jpeg.b425a031026b690e61e5e4d88f7ff904.jpeg

Let’s hope they’re undercooked! I’m interested to look at Steve Humphreys today, after suggestions we should’ve looked at him when he was at Rochdale. 

I agree on Vyner/Klose today, and it’s time for Wilson to come into the XI as well IMO. Is that Jamie Carragher’s son in their ranks? 

• Like 1