IGNORED

Wigan Athletic away match day thread

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Agree, very mean spirited and unnecessary.

As to The £5 subscription, it seems to me that those who pay up are subsiding those that don't.

Should those who don't subscribe be limited in their input ? Say just 3 posts per day ?

Or are there already limitations which I've not noticed ?

Only in what they say ?

However- really good idea . I think that the Transfer Forum is off limits to non 'supporters'.

Without getting too deep- there's a lot of unseen time and effort which goes on behind the scenes which is unpaid and unnoticed . It amazes me that there are those who post here every day - pretty much yet perhaps feel they are so self entitled that a mere £5 annual subscription is beyond them.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Only in what they say ?

However- really good idea . I think that the Transfer Forum is off limits to non 'supporters'.

Without getting too deep- there's a lot of unseen time and effort which goes on behind the scenes which is unpaid and unnoticed . It amazes me that there are those who post here every day - pretty much yet perhaps feel they are so self entitled that a mere £5 annual subscription is beyond them.

Pretty sure you can see it all as long as you are signed in to the site.

• Thanks 1
Just now, tin said:

Yep. Sykes is a round peg in a square hole there. We’ve got two decent young RWBs available for selection. Wilson should’ve started IMO.

I’d have gone Tanner.

Sykes (naturally) plays forward and Wilson plays front foot. With Vyner there I’d rather have the more defensive cover, and would therefore go for GT (Note this is only while Vyners there as I think you need the security).

Other than the Vyner vs Klose and RB question it’s the side I would have played last week when James got crocked, so can’t overly complain 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, tin said:

Yep. Sykes is a round peg in a square hole there. We’ve got two decent young RWBs available for selection. Wilson should’ve started IMO.

Sykes was really good on opening day, not so good last week.  Competition for places is building.  I would pick Wilson today, but its also short turnaround from Wednesday, so that could have a bearing.  I'm happy with the eleven...I always am...its how they perform that matters.

CD9CB9EE-37BD-40A2-ABAB-36E1A2610D25_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.9010b638e35d904683997c24189350d6.jpeg

Pretty standard:

Amos

Darikwa Kerr Whatmough Bennett

Power Naylor

Lang                           McLean

Keane

Magennis

1 minute ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Can someone explain.  NP signs 2 RWBs yet plays Sykes arguably out of position there instead?

It's very strange, if it works then i'm happy to get pelters later on if we get a good result, but I am starting to question some of his selections.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

5 pounds isn’t nearly enough for this forum. We are really spoiled by a top quality format, free of pop ups and the work the mods do is fantastic.

It should be at least ten pounds and contributors should be  really grateful for what they have.

Thanks for the reminder. Just paid and as Major says - well worth every penny

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d have gone Tanner.

Sykes (naturally) plays forward and Wilson plays front foot. With Vyner there I’d rather have the more defensive cover, and would therefore go for GT (Note this is only while Vyners there as I think you need the security).

Other than the Vyner vs Klose and RB question it’s the side I would have played last week when James got crocked, so can’t overly complain 

Yeah, I can understand the logic for that and wouldn’t have been disappointed if it happened, assuming Tanner is match fit. That odious shit McClean could have a field day down our right today. 

Edited by tin
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sykes was really good on opening day, not so good last week.  Competition for places is building.  I would pick Wilson today, but its also short turnaround from Wednesday, so that could have a bearing.  I'm happy with the eleven...I always am...its how they perform that matters.

CD9CB9EE-37BD-40A2-ABAB-36E1A2610D25_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.9010b638e35d904683997c24189350d6.jpeg

Pretty standard:

Amos

Power Naylor

Keane

Magennis

If McLean is on the left, we are in for a long afternoon imo.

Edited by bcfc01
7 minutes ago, tin said:

Yep Pearson seems to have a weird perspective of the right back position, though he see them in training, and i do not?  I think Sykes is wasted there, and either Tanner or Wilson should play..........I guess we will see after around 96 minutes who is right and who knows best?  Ha!

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Fallen out with Pearson I`ve heard. Or perhaps is was a fight with a teammate. Or turning up drunk to training.

It was one of those I`m absolutely certain............................................................

I’m hoping the Evening Post run a story about his disappointment in being left out with the headline “HAN SO LOW”

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty standard:

Amos

Power Naylor

Keane

Magennis

He looks happy doesn’t he?!

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

If McLean is on the left, we are in for a long afternoon imo. he will be

Would have preferred Tanner at LB/LWB. do you mean RB/RWB to counter McLean?

But we'll see how well Sykes copes, very good at Hull, OK against Sunderlnd. yep, as I said, he hasn't done anything to lose his place really has he?

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Fallen out with Pearson I`ve heard. Or perhaps is was a fight with a teammate. Or turning up drunk to training.

It was one of those I`m absolutely certain............................................................

I heard someone had nicked his comb and he's gone off on one but it could be all of the above as well.

Perhaps it could also be that both Nige and SL have pretty much had enough of a player running down his contract despite every effort to prevent this and maybe Nige feels that he'd prefer to pick players who want to play for BCFC as opposed to ones who don't and dont give enough on the pitch as a result.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:
4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

If McLean is on the left, we are in for a long afternoon imo. he will be

Would have preferred Tanner at LB/LWB. do you mean RB/RWB to counter McLean?

But we'll see how well Sykes copes, very good at Hull, OK against Sunderlnd. yep, as I said, he hasn't done anything to lose his place really has he?

Yep, meant Rb/RWB, tried to edit and ended quoting myself !

• Haha 1

Odd selection in my view.

Decide to commit to a formation with high wing-backs, sign the League Two player of the year who is an attacking high wing-back, and play a player who spent all pre-season reinventing himself as a “10” at right wing-back.

Sykes and Vyner down the right side it is.

I also think Conway is effective when with Wells and has talked about the partnership they have struck up. For me you play both (as I would have today) or neither.

Ill take a point there today.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 1