IGNORED

Wigan Athletic away match day thread

Bad looking.  The bookmakers were right. Only 4 teams had a better change of relegation than our side if you would place a bet 3 weeks ago. It is seems we will fight for that.  I have faith that we will remain in Championship. It will not be easy but we can do it.

Not good enough. Not awful but we didn’t kick on when we controlled the game and then let them play to their strengths. Long hard season beckons I think. We’ve got a decent squad but just seem to lack confidence in our ability to impose our game. 

At least we didn’t roll over in injury time! That’s a start. 

• Like 1

Thought we had an easy start so say on paper . Eeek , 

mind you I personally believe a fit on form kalas & firing semenyo will make a difference. Need to get Scott firing again , the summer football obviously taking its toll as it did with a lot of the full England players after the euros last year .

It is just worrying where we are at as a football club right now. Really concerning.

I could sit here and say we shouldve had a pen, and they shouldve been down to 10 men, but we have to manage our game

yes it was hot, but Wigan managed to keep the press going and win those second balls, we wilted literally after the first drinks break. 

What really worries me is that this us traditionally when we get our points on the board.

Too much dead wood still in that squad that have not been good enough for years.

Ah well a point on the board, 39 to go...

Edited by Lordofthebling