IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers away in the Carabao Cup

Jerseybean

55 minutes ago, New2City said:

My very first city game was City v Wycombe... October 2013 

Obviously not a glory match or even a good result. Clearly an excellent introduction into being a City fan! 

JPT trophy?

If memory serves right that was Joe Morrell’s first start for the club. Lewis Dunk also started at centre half for us that night in a 2-1 defeat 

• Like 1

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Wardie said:

S.McLaughlin & M.Brundle 2 players I have absolute no memory of in my 25 years following City 

Stephen Mclaughlin was on loan from Forest only played a handful of games 

Mitch Brundle we signed from Yeovil but never got near establing himself 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

JPT trophy?

If memory serves right that was Joe Morrell’s first start for the club. Lewis Dunk also started at centre half for us that night in a 2-1 defeat 

That's the one :)

It was an adventure. I flew from the US (after a week in Italy) and met a online friend who promised to take me to a game. 

We missed the bus back to Reading, so we took a black cab (£££) and then I took the train back to London Paddington. I fell asleep on the train and woke up about 30 seconds before the train left for Cardiff! Waking up any later would have been terribly inconvenient. 

Was that really almost 9 years ago? My, how time flies. 

• Like 2

• Admin
9 hours ago, Sniper said:

Been to Wycombe a few times, but never seemed to get to the ground in time for Kick Off.

Dam you White Hart :laugh: especially when the pint glass came round for the extras at the end.

You mean The White Horse though I'm assuming you are referring to Bar 95 ?, I am told that it's currently free admission on a Wednesday night as well should anyone need a pre match location 

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

S.McLaughlin & M.Brundle 2 players I have absolute no memory of in my 25 years following City 

Lewis Dunk being here was a complete blank as well. Turns out it was the length of three Sam Vokes spells. I only remembered Harewood as we actually got a goal from him.

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Was it a happy ending ?

We never saw that Polo Mint every again :laugh:

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

You mean The White Horse though I'm assuming you are referring to Bar 95 ?, I am told that it's currently free admission on a Wednesday night as well should anyone need a pre match location 

Of course, my bad, indeed it was the White Horse Phantom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
32 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I think we should sue them for some spurious reason if they beat us?

I swear every time I went to Wycombe it used to be torrential rain there. 

They used to have a speed bump just outside the entertance to the car park which would always cause a lake to appear 

20 hours ago, Wardie said:

Mitch Brundle has just signed for Dover after hacking it around the Conference for a good few years.

Stephen McLaughlin is at Mansfield after spending a good few years at Southend scoring quite a few goals for them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Mitch Brundle has just signed for Dover after hacking it around the Conference for a good few years.

Stephen McLaughlin is at Mansfield after spending a good few years at Southend scoring quite a few goals for them.

McLaughlin had a nice left foot.

21 hours ago, phantom said:

I hear it’s a pub with lap dancing, I do like a bit of folk music so I may just pop in for a pint.

Here’s a photo of two lap dancers I hired for Isewater junior’s stag do. He was so overwhelmed he cried. 

3D2D1279-56AD-4338-B939-42EE59345567.jpeg

• Haha 3