IGNORED

La Liga on ITV

Super

3 minutes ago, RudiRed said:

Much prefer to see Serie A back on terrestrial, a highlights package sat morning and  game a Sunday on channel 4 would be like being back in the 90s

Any football free to air is good. Agree though I loved the C4 coverage back in the day with James Richardson 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RudiRed said:

Much prefer to see Serie A back on terrestrial, a highlights package sat morning and  game a Sunday on channel 4 would be like being back in the 90s

Indeed. Much prefer Italian domestic football, much more interesting to watch both on and off the field.

La Liga and spanish fans are just dead, most of their clubs don’t even take away followings to games…

It's 10 games per season, starting next weekend with Sociedad v Barcelona. All the games they show will feature Barca or Madrid although I don't know whether they'll have the Clasicos.

Must admit I've barely watched any of it since Sky lost the rights a few years ago. On the other hand, I've got right back into Serie A since BT started showing it last season.

• Like 1

• Admin
43 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

All the matches shown will feature Barca, Real or Atletico Madrid. So if you hoped for the Valencia v Villareal derby then you're out of luck. Once again English tv favours the priveleged few. 

I guess it's no different to the BBC showing Manchester United in the FA Cup for numerous years, it's all about easy viewing figures rather than a football purist 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

All the matches shown will feature Barca, Real or Atletico Madrid. So if you hoped for the Valencia v Villareal derby then you're out of luck. Once again English tv favours the priveleged few. 

You do know the 12.30 game tomorrow is Everton v Villa right.I might get the hosepipe out and wash my car and get a potential fine rather than watch that bollox 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

• Admin
1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You do know the 12.30 game tomorrow is Everton v Villa right.I might get the hosepipe out and wash my car and get a potential fine rather than watch that bollox 

I am a guest there tomorrow, I dread how bad it will be 

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Absolutely it’s what sky does best.

It really is. 

Still, I suppose the general trend towards younger managers with illustrious playing careers plays right into their marketing teams hands.

I don’t seem to recall the same type of spin being carted out when we had the likes of Sammy Lee, Iain Dowie, Paul Jewell and Chris Hutchings knocking about. 

15 hours ago, bris red said:

Indeed. Much prefer Italian domestic football, much more interesting to watch both on and off the field.

La Liga and spanish fans are just dead, most of their clubs don’t even take away followings to games…

I love the Italian football. Highlight of my Sunday in the winter is cooking Sunday lunch after a long dog walk, with the Italian football on in the background. Helps that it’s a decent watch too.