IGNORED

Balloon Fiesta

joe jordans teeth

16 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who is earning huge money out of this may I ask apart from the stalls up there which the majority are not from Bristol 

It’s a good day out (full stop)

I know a few people (comma) that have stalls at the festival (comma) and they are from North Somerset (full stop)

Its a nice festival for Bristol (comma) enjoy it dude

• Like 3

• Admin

Did I hear correctly on site parking is £19.70?

22 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I know a few people (comma) that have stalls at the festival (comma) and they are from North Somerset (full stop)

I remember the days when the local radio station would host something similar to a radio 1 roadshow 

50 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who is earning huge money out of this may I ask apart from the stalls up there which the majority are not from Bristol 

Well the parking is on council property so I am guessing they get something from that. The pitches for the stall have to be rented.. Then there is knock on effect to surrounding reas, hotels, b&bs etc, it's no different to any other event in that respect.

38 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

So my grammar is a problem,I can tell you for a fact the majority of stalls are not from Bristol as I deliver goods to them all over the country (is it a full stop now mate)

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well the parking is on council property so I am guessing they get something from that. The pitches for the stall have to be rented.. Then there is knock on effect to surrounding reas, hotels, b&bs etc, it's no different to any other event in that respect.

Hate to break it to you but it’s majority local to this area who can drive home after,it’s not like a concert 

31 minutes ago, TomF said:

I understand the issues with the thermals this week not really allowing for evening accents. However the communication from the organisers is appalling.  Bailey balloons had rung people at midday who’d paid for flights this evening that it was off. Virgin the same at 2pm.  Yet the organisers continue to say absolutely nothing till gone 6pm when the car parks are full from people paying £23 a pop. 

They do it every year and slowly they’ll alienate the public.  Also only 60 balloons up this morning, remember the days of 200+ ?  The whole hobby seems to be dying somewhat. 

The morning accents are pretty much a cert and personally love them but it’s an effort to get up and be there for 5:30am 

Good old days mate with the balloons flying over bs3 like you say a good 200,it’s literally Dieing on its arse which was my original post,if people want to watch the night glow(let’s be honest it’s pants)then fair play and just hope they haven’t paid the parking fees 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Forgot the full stop at the end.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, TomF said:

I understand the issues with the thermals this week not really allowing for evening accents. However the communication from the organisers is appalling.  Bailey balloons had rung people at midday who’d paid for flights this evening that it was off. Virgin the same at 2pm.  Yet the organisers continue to say absolutely nothing till gone 6pm when the car parks are full from people paying £23 a pop. 

They do it every year and slowly they’ll alienate the public.  Also only 60 balloons up this morning, remember the days of 200+ ?  The whole hobby seems to be dying somewhat. 

The morning accents are pretty much a cert and personally love them but it’s an effort to get up and be there for 5:30am 

Morning accents: ‘gert lush me babber’.

Evening accents: ‘ well Tamara! Isn’t it fine that the Bristolian hoi-poloi have gone back to their hovels, leaving the champagne to us?’

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Was chatting to my two mates who came with me this morning about the night glows - when they first did them on the downs they were fully orchestrated to musics. Proper wonderful to watch. Then they moved it down to Ashton Court got local DJs and Radio Stations involved and it’s just pop music and the balloons lighting up how the hell they want. It’s very much lost it’s charm somewhat.   The whole festival could do with a reboot. 

It is stuck in a rut somewhat it has to be said and like you said needs a reboot because it’s so tired

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Shout out to the pricks who thought a bridge swing right after morning launch was a good idea. 

just sums up everything bristol doesnt it. disorganised chaos at every opportunity.  about time they put a second major route through to assist with m5 traffic, one snarl up = gridlock everywhere.  gotta love bristol

2 hours ago, TomF said:

What does make me laugh is last night at 6pm 3 balloons in the arena but the decision is made at last minute. 5:30am today and you couldn’t get anymore balloons in the arena if they tried. They know for hours if not days what the plan is.. 

Came down from Manchester for a couple of days this week and went on Thursday. The new green or red flare system is a joke, Thursday evening 6 balloons in arena when flare went off. Friday morning got there 5.40 arena full of balloons unpacked but had to wait for the flare.

I do think they are treating people badly there £20 to park is ridiculous in an allegedly free event. Paid £10 for 2 days parking at a festival last weekend, would like to know who is getting those £20 from each car and if you park closer it’s even dearer.

Quite a few people around me Thursday were saying they were considering not going again for paying £20 parking to be told hour later no balloons going up and with young kids staying for the night glow is very difficult, and if they did would cost a lot to feed and entertain them. Even the night glow advertised for 9 didn’t start till 9.30. 

Edited by wayne allisons tongues

This was epically shit

Been promising my lad to see the balloons all week

Thursday night we went up Clifton, ascent off and communicated at the last moment

Sunday we were on site between 10am and 1pm ok not prime time for the balloons but we didn't see one not even one of the ******* tethered. Plenty of overpriced food (£12 for 1 portion of noodles) and chavvy fairground entertainment 

Don't call it a balloon fiesta if there are no balloons at the peak family time