IGNORED

City U21 matches

RoystonFoote'snephew

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

3-2 Palmer-Houlden

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Certainly scores goals doesn’t he?

I really have high hopes for him, I have said several times that I think he may even feature at some point this season. It will be interesting to see how he gets on against men at Chippenham, shame the game was cut short Saturday.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I see James Morton is still here.

Wasn't he told be NP that he has no future at City and should find himself another club?

Has he been unable to find a club, or has there been a change of heart?

Unable to find a club.

Shame, he's good enough for the professional game imo.

I think he will be out of contract at the end of this season (stand to be corrected).

• Like 1

This Backwell chap looks decent when I’ve seen him play and gets a lot of mentions when I haven’t.

Anyone got the background to his development and hopes for the future? Odd that he doesn’t start for the U-21s unless he’s returning from injury. 

27 minutes ago, RedRock said:

This Backwell chap looks decent when I’ve seen him play and gets a lot of mentions when I haven’t.

Anyone got the background to his development and hopes for the future? Odd that he doesn’t start for the U-21s unless he’s returning from injury. 

He’s an old teammate of mine’s son.

From what I understand from his dad he was on the small side for his age initially, so they (City) were careful with his development.  He was initially at Southampton, played with Scott and Acey there.

Had a bit of an injury and got a 6 month extension to his scholar contract at the end of 20/21 season to give him a chance to get back fit.  Went out on loan to Hallen FC at the start of last season, where he did well (not my words) and club have tried to turn him into a no8 from a striker.  Started to force his way into the u23s after Xmas last season, and came in in the PDL final and made a good contribution.

Now on loan to Bath City, and will play 23s when able to.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Today's goal

Edited by Gillies Downs Leeds