IGNORED

Coventry

GrahamC

12 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a points deduction 

Very difficult for the EFL to do that if the fault lies with Wasps & the Commonwealth games schedule, I guess.

Coventry certainly didn’t ask to start with away games only, which they could & that seems the only possible justification for one.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Very difficult for the EFL to do that if the fault lies with Wasps & the Commonwealth games schedule, I guess.

Coventry certainly didn’t ask to start with away games only, which they could & that seems the only possible justification for one.

I feel sorry for the coventry city fans to be messed about again but the  loved Sisu owners knew how many games were being played just before the league start ,so as you said they could of requested for away games for say 3/4 games in advance. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Home game in midweek postponed now & looks highly unlikely next Saturday’s will go ahead either.

What a complete mess.

I thought we already had a thread running that defined what a complete mess was/is.

• Haha 3

Shambolic really. And they blame Wasps constantly but Wasps do own the place. Still they should keep it in good nick if they’re gonna rent it out.

Annoying for me as it screws up the table. I thought we’d finally have a season without constant postponements!

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They'll take the view that it's Cov's stated home ground and they should  sort it out themselves, surely someone must have taken a look at the pitch well before the start of the season and set alarm bells ringing at the EFL and Wasps  ?

Just now, slartibartfast said:

They'll take the view that it's Cov's stated home ground and they should  sort it out themselves, surely someone must have taken a look at the pitch well before the start of the season and set alarm bells ringing at the EFL and Wasps  ?

Don’t think it was “before the start of the season” as apparently they played 50+ rugby sevens games on it in 3 days a week or so ago!

Madness.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Seems they were advised by Wasps:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62486278

It’s interesting that Coventry fans believe everything their owners tell them blaming wasps while ignoring Sisu’s track record 

I’d have thought they’d avoid a points deduction and any penalty they get will likely be suspended but it’s in their interest to work with wasps as they’re going to have a fixture pile up before long 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

It’s interesting that Coventry fans believe everything their owners tell them blaming wasps while ignoring Sisu’s track record 

I’d have thought they’d avoid a points deduction and any penalty they get will likely be suspended but it’s in their interest to work with wasps as they’re going to have a fixture pile up before long 

It's laughable for Wasps to victim blame Coventry City.

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's laughable for Wasps to victim blame Coventry City.

Most of the victim blaming has been the other way round, don’t forget sisu had a toxic relationship with the council and stadium operator which is why their homeless and then with wasps. There’s a common denominator there 

They need to either build their own stadium or learn to work with the one they currently play in 

58 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Most of the victim blaming has been the other way round, don’t forget sisu had a toxic relationship with the council and stadium operator which is why their homeless and then with wasps. There’s a common denominator there 

They need to either build their own stadium or learn to work with the one they currently play in 

Point taken re owner. It's the players and fans that suffer.

Interesting wording at the start of this tweet from Coventry United Women about their game this weekend (against Bristol City Women).

(Also, Coventry United have gone back to a hybrid/part time model this season anyway. Plus their pitch is artificial (still allowed in the Championship) - but probably better condition than that at the CBS Arena?)

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Interesting wording at the start of this tweet from Coventry United Women about their game this weekend (against Bristol City Women).

(Also, Coventry United have gone back to a hybrid/part time model this season anyway. Plus their pitch is artificial (still allowed in the Championship) - but probably better condition than that at the CBS Arena?)

Do you have any idea why Coventry appear to play in red shirts, rather than Coventry’s traditional blue?

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Friend of mine is physio at wasps, said they’re having to spend £100k+ on the pitch it was that bad. Almost certain they’ll be in administration sooner rather than later too, as being reported by news 

Wonder if Coventry could copy the stunt pulled off by our friends over the river & buy the ground from their landlords?

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Friend of mine is physio at wasps, said they’re having to spend £100k+ on the pitch it was that bad. Almost certain they’ll be in administration sooner rather than later too, as being reported by news 

You’d think it could be completely re-laid by now….. presumably Wasps are so skint they can’t do it. 
Hopefully Cov are working behind the scenes to get it sorted AND buy back all or a part share of the stadium. Unless they’re waiting for Wasps to go bust and get the stadium back on the cheap. 

On 19/08/2022 at 13:00, Mendip City said:

You’d think it could be completely re-laid by now….. presumably Wasps are so skint they can’t do it. 
Hopefully Cov are working behind the scenes to get it sorted AND buy back all or a part share of the stadium. Unless they’re waiting for Wasps to go bust and get the stadium back on the cheap. 

Unless they’re waiting for Wasps to go bust and get the stadium back on the cheap.

What sort of scummy outfit would even think of trying that on? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2