IGNORED

Good FPS Games - Single Player - Any newer stuff any good (Got Bio-Shock and Doom etc)

Markman

On 13/08/2022 at 13:11, BS2 Red said:

Which platform?

Superhot is fun. It's a FPS where time only moves when you move. It makes it almost more of a puzzle than a shooter.

Other than that, I'm a bit out of touch with FPS games.

Player that in VR..incredible, although I did end up in the fireplace. 

• Haha 2

On 13/08/2022 at 14:43, Markman said:

sounds interesting (PC) - wondering about Red Dead?

Superhot is only £4 if you wanted to try it.

https://www.cdkeys.com/superhot-steam-pc-steam-cd-key?__currency=gbp&awc=22550_1660491987_f73140aecbd606d1576157e57c1a3a27&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=RedBrain+Ltd

As @Barrs Court Red says, Red Dead isn't an FPS. I played the old one on Xbox 360 which was great. The sequel I haven't played, but I've heard good things.

Rainbow 6, Destiny 2 (base game is free to play), Borderlands 3, Wolfeinstein 2, Metro Exodus. Warzone not my thing but very good for free. Latest Battlefield game BF2042 is a bit ropey but i've still enjoyed it.

Red Dead 2 is superb but certainly not an FPS. Plenty of shooting, action and things to do but it's all 3rd person.

10 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

What was it about the 2nd one you didn’t like? Red Dead was an absolute masterpiece and although I don’t feel like the sequel had the same greatness, didn’t find it a bad game. 

Almost everything about it ?.

It looks pretty but the controls are terrible. Everything feels so slow and clunky, it almost feels like a chore to do anything. The combat is poor, the missions are really repetitive, sometimes it feels like Arthur is fighting your input.

I'm finding it a real struggle to continue playing.

Edit: Just to add I'm playing it on a Series X not a PC and the game hasn't had an upgrade so it's still 30fps

Edited by Smokey

2 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Almost everything about it ?.

It looks pretty but the controls are terrible. Everything feels so slow and clunky, it almost feels like a chore to do anything. The combat is poor, the missions are really repetitive, sometimes it feels like Arthur is fighting your input.

I'm finding it a real struggle to continue playing.

Ah that’s a shame, because there’s loads of twisted mad stuff under the surface to uncover. Aside from the online, I think my biggest issue with it was probably the mission structure.  Like you say, repetitive- GTA suffers the same issue. 

Interesting, I absolutely loved RDR2, thought it was incredible, but I do get that it's a slow start. 

Currently struggling for a new game myself. With a total lack of options out there, like a total mug I've just gone and bought GTA V for the fourth time on a different platform... ?. It would really help to try something new instead for once.

Edited by nebristolred

8 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Currently struggling for a new game myself. With a total lack of options out there, like a total mug I've just gone and bought GTA V for the fourth time on a different platform... ?. It would really help to try something new instead for once.

Maybe it’s an age thing, maybe because the weathers nice, but I’m in the same boat.  I think I’ve unearthed all the games I want to play on Gamespass (which is amazing value) what’s on the new PS+ offering isn’t doing it for me and there’s absolutely nothing on the horizon. 

Controversial….but Fallout 76 is actually good and worth exploring now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Ah that’s a shame, because there’s loads of twisted mad stuff under the surface to uncover. Aside from the online, I think my biggest issue with it was probably the mission structure.  Like you say, repetitive- GTA suffers the same issue. 

I will try and get into it more. My opinion might change the more I play it.