IGNORED

Vyner

bcfc01

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

Naismith actually gives me the willies every time he gets the ball.

He is not, IMO, a dominating centre half. A better communicator than others. We have a back three with only Atkinson who will physically cope with aggressive forwards.

Plus a non defensive midfield in front of them.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's been getting some stick on here (some deserved but its way ott).

Today I thought he had a very good game overall and bailed out Naismith a couple of times.

Him and Atkinson big positives today.

Credit where its due.

Fair play.

8 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Naismith actually gives me the willies every time he gets the ball.

Slow on the ball, keeps it a fraction too long.

Good distribution when he's allowed the time,

He's struggling at the moment, but it is only 3 games in.

• Like 1

Credit where credit is due Vyner had a really solid game today.

Totally unconvinced by Naismith though.. he is obviously trying to be the modern ball playing centre half but to me doesn’t look technically good enough to be it at this level.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's been getting some stick on here (some deserved but its way ott).

Today I thought he had a very good game overall and bailed out Naismith a couple of times.

Him and Atkinson big positives today.

Credit where its due.

You can’t be serious?! 
Lucky to get away with miss kick 1st half nearly letting their striker in and the countless aimless long punts downfield. 

Agree re Naismith. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Agreed - how the hell was he one of the defenders of the season last year? He scares the hell out of me 

Because at Luton he was mostly playing as a left back or a left CB in a 3. He never ever played as the central role in a 3. 
I’m assuming this is a temporary measure whilst we’re waiting for Kalas to return. 

I must admit, when we announced him, I thought we’d signed him to play left back 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Because at Luton he was mostly playing as a left back or a left CB in a 3. He never ever played as the central role in a 3. 
I’m assuming this is a temporary measure whilst we’re waiting for Kalas to return. 

I must admit, when we announced him, I thought we’d signed him to play left back 

All very true...but we hear little about the return of Kalas. Still seems to be some time away.?

With Naismith, after the howler against Sunderland, he did well to recover his confidence in that game..it will be interesting to see how he plays against his old team mates on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

Naismith seems a real oddity to me. He almost appears too lackadaisical on the ball at times. Like he thinks he has more time than he actually does.

First half absolutely fine, composed, good distribution.  Second half as the passing options reduced he needed longer on the ball.  We actually took the sting out of the game 45-60 mins, was impressed. Atkinson injury coincided with a spell of pressure and we didn’t control the game after that.

15 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

You can’t be serious?! 
Lucky to get away with miss kick 1st half nearly letting their striker in and the countless aimless long punts downfield. 

Agree re Naismith. 

Deadly serious.

Seems quite a few others saw it that way as well.

How many mistakes did others make ?

How many long aimless punts from others ?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

First half absolutely fine, composed, good distribution.  Second half as the passing options reduced he needed longer on the ball.  We actually took the sting out of the game 45-60 mins, was impressed. Atkinson injury coincided with a spell of pressure and we didn’t control the game after that.

I still don’t feel we have the players to play a 90 minute possession based game. Mixture of ability not being there, and concentration lapsing at difficult moments. I would like to see us go more direct. Fwiw my personal opinion is I feel we look more solid and difficult to break down (often by virtue of not giving the ball away cheaply in our defensive third) when playing a bit more aggressively, and a bit more directly. 

:shrug: can’t see it changing much mind. Pearson seems pretty set on the current philosophy.

20 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

You can’t be serious?! 

Agree re Naismith. 

Having covered around the back 4 times in the first half….the ball held up.

Zak quite possibly in line for City MOTM today.  Conway in the mix too.

Idk he tried his best to make his mistakes. First half especially.

Covered Naismith once and thought fair play. Then proceeded to miss the clearance but was enough to get more defenders back. 

Near end of first half he tried an inch perfect pass to Martin’s chest and they had a dangerous attack. 

Was beat pretty constantly in the air as well. Which is not a strength but they did head his way more second half after Atkinson headed everything away on the left. 

I am usually the first to defend him as he is a useful squad player but his deficiencies become more clear the more he plays. 

Edited by JoeAman08

It’s nice to see a positive thread about Vyner, in my opinion gets far far too much hate from the city fans. He’s become the scapegoat for the majority, quite sad how a lot of people hop on social media once the teams are out and are quick to to criticise before a ball has even been kicked. Contributed a couple of great assists this season and also bailed out Naismith a couple times today, but most city fans choose to ignore that.. I did notice how quickly the fans were on Zak’s back for the second goal last week but seemed to turn a blind eye to the Naismith mistake for the first. Not that I want either of them to receive the abuse as we’re all human. Can’t be easy to play your best game when you’ve got thousands of fans doubting you every week, hope he kicks on and proves all of them wrong.