IGNORED

Pearson

Top Robin

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

W15 D10 L21 after shifting 14 players & nearly halving the wage bill.

Why weren’t we top six!

We haven’t been a ‘good side’ at this level , except for 4 months or so , since we got promoted

Pearsons not pulling up any spectacular trees,  but the surgery he’s having to do wouldn’t be palatable or acceptable to many managers , to have a manager who accepts the difficulties and is prepared to take it on is a plus for a start.

I really wonder what some expect 

Maybe , like you , I’ve become very used to City’s trials and tribulations over the decades 

We've had decent periods in all three league games and I’d be more concerned if we had just been thumped at Rotherham for example

• Like 19

We're not LJ/MA's little project anymore. No false hopes of playoffs, we can't spunk money up the wall and get away with it. 

Scored in every league game so far. Giving young lads their first starts in professional football and getting them up to scratch under difficult circumstances. Remember reading that we've spent less than Luton since his appointment but there's no positives or progressions given the circumstances?

I don't have any hefty expectations anymore, I just want to see us compete and work hard for the shirt. 

This team is at the bones but I still see them play till the end and keep going. Yes, they make mistakes but I can't say that they don't try.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Genuine question…at what point do you think we say enough is enough? 

I am giving him until Christmas to get us to somewhere above 18th but in reality (the financial reality) I don't think we should get rid of him until the end of this season. That being said the funds available in next summer's transfer window will be slightly looser - would be interesting to see what he could do with a better budget rather than trying to cost manage our unwinding of the shit that MA left us in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Conway and Scott would be nowhere near the squad under another manager. Turned Scott and Semenyo into £15m+ players, that will get us out of the deep shit that Holden, LJ & Ashton left us in.

Been ahead in every single game this season. I’ll start worrying if that stops happening and we start conceding goals that aren’t individual errors, in no way linked to coaching, or shit penalties/deflected goals. 

Spot on mate. Spot on.

I thought we defended okay today. I thought we didn’t play through midfield second half, but guys defended like it mattered.  Bents hasn’t made a save of note.

We gave away ball cheaply when we tried to pass forward.

Should’ve been playing against ten men too.

• Like 4

No improvement football wise. Get he’s had a hard job but any manager that would genuinely have us moving forward would of improved us at least a bit in 2 years. Really hate to say it but I’m now Pearson out. He won’t go for a while yet but nothing I’ve seen from him makes me believe we’ll be any better with him in charge in 2/3/4 months time. 

• Like 1

I’m hugely and quickly losing confidence in NP having previously been very supportive.  

It can’t be any coincidence that we start games on the front foot quick passing, playing high up looking decent get in front (Hull, Sunderland, Wigan) and then stop pressing drop deeper and give away the ball. We’ve proved we can play but then suddenly our game changes always when we’re in front. 

lack of subs today before the equaliser was unreal especially in the heat when you can now use 5 subs taking off Conway and not Martin,

not bringing on King to shield the defence after doing so, so we’ll in the week. Not replacing the in effective JD with Pring. 

Beggars belief TBF. 

• Like 1

Why am I not surprised to see yet another “Pearson” thread tonight! ?‍♂️

I would have taken a point before todays game, enabling us to build on Wednesday nights result. Let’s not forget, Wigan made 11 changes on Tuesday and had an extra 24 hours to prepare for todays game in stifling conditions.

Our “supporters” need to have a look at what he inherited and the restrictions he’s working under!

Whilst I’m as frustrated as everyone else by our start, having led on all three games, we ain’t that far away from being an “OK” side this season and I for one, am happy that we maintain our Championship status.

Get Semenyo and Kalas back (2 of our best players) and the DF Midfielder we need and we will be absolutely fine.

Having said that, we need to get our home season off and running on Tuesday now.

COYRs

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Genuine question…at what point do you think we say enough is enough? 

Have you ever not wanted to see a manager sacked? It feels like every time I’ve logged on here on a match day over the years you’re calling for a manager’s head.

Pearson’s record has been far from perfect but he’s clearing up an absolute mess and we achieved a par performance last season in most people’s eyes. We also played some decent football in the second half of the season.

Are we going to challenge this season? It seems highly unlikely. Are we infuriating to watch at times, especially when we’re defending? We definitely are. But ripping everything up and starting again 3 games in would be an unbelievable over reaction.

Let’s see where we are after 10-15 games and take a measured view of things then. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, RudiRed said:

No, SL and RG said we didn't meet the expectation of mid table add in in fact little progress so far this season = worrying times.

That was more in line with where we would like to be not where we expected to be. I think JL said expected but he is loose and fast with his words, NP said after that we were about where he expected to be - obviously not a target set within the club or if it is then not one the manager agreed with and I will take the football man's target over the wallet, wallets son and the administrator every day of the week.

3 points in 3 games. We expecting any of them to be top half come end of the season? I have never seen a manager get so much leeway for poor performances.

65 league games and the same problems exist. He has signed 6 defenders and 2 midfielders. Our 2 weakest positions still. His way of managing is the same as Lee Johnson. All reactive if Plan A does not work. We need a goal throw on more strikers just like Johnson. He shows no ability to try and control a game. They are overloading wide areas why not try getting Wilson on and have Sykes help out there? Same on the left with Pring and Dasilva. Why not Martin off and King on to help get on ball a bit more? Nope nothing like that.

Sat there with his hands on his hips and can just see in the body language has no idea what to do. Takes our two youngest players off in 35 degree heat. Does not use all his subs in said heat. We were under pressure for 35 minutes second half and he made 2 like for like changes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

No improvement football wise. Get he’s had a hard job but any manager that would genuinely have us moving forward would of improved us at least a bit in 2 years. Really hate to say it but I’m now Pearson out. He won’t go for a while yet but nothing I’ve seen from him makes me believe we’ll be any better with him in charge in 2/3/4 months time. 

No improvement football wise?

We could barely string one pass together when he arrived. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

3 points in 3 games. We expecting any of them to be top half come end of the season? I have never seen a manager get so much leeway for poor performances.

65 league games and the same problems exist. He has signed 6 defenders and 2 midfielders. Our 2 weakest positions still. His way of managing is the same as Lee Johnson. All reactive if Plan A does not work. We need a goal throw on more strikers just like Johnson. He shows no ability to try and control a game. They are overloading wide areas why not try getting Wilson on and have Sykes help out there? Same on the left with Pring and Dasilva. Why not Martin off and King on to help get on ball a bit more? Nope nothing like that.

Sat there with his hands on his hips and can just see in the body language has no idea what to do. Takes our two youngest players off in 35 degree heat. Does not use all his subs in said heat. We were under pressure for 35 minutes second half and he made 2 like for like changes. 

Absolutely on the money 

Pearson was the reason I got my ST back (let it elapse when LJ was appointed, just couldn’t get enthused by him). I had really high hopes that we had appointed someone proven at long last.

I think he needs more time fwiw… but I think some of the criticisms directed at him are valid too. 

Pearson in… for now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He has got a lot more leeway than anyone else would have and that's because he is a big name.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Well, hang on. And come off it. When things go well, you are always starting threads like "Weimann" or what have you, so when things are shite - and in a free country, let us remember - ......

Perception, isn’t it?

I don’t see a point away from home at Championship level as “shite”.

Context, too. If you inherit a bloated, high cost shambles & are given minimal resource in comparison to predecessors it isn’t ever going to be a bed of roses.

As others have pointed out, we normally do this sort of financial pruning after relegation, Pearson is trying to do so to avoid that.

But “Zak Vyner”, eh?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Sigh, here we go again!

Did you have this written hoping we would lose?

I must admit your damn quick with the negative post!

You say "I don't think he's the one for us"..... us?

I ask again..... how old are you and when was the last time you saw the team at the Gate?

‘Top Robin’ my arse. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm not a Pearson out person,  but it pisses me off when posters say those that are want us to lose. So unfair.

Because some people can’t wait to post negative stuff.  They go absent when we win or play well.  At least they should post on here in the good bad and indifferent results / performances.

Today wasn’t too bad anyway.

• Like 2