IGNORED

Pearson

Top Robin

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Lee Johnson got years...was cut more slack than any manager in my 50 years plus following us...was given the keys to the kingdom and delivered  nothing more than a cup run. 

Under LJ we progressed each season,  until the end. 

We were regularly at least outside hopefulls of a playoff challenge. 

Please show me the stats from LJ's time here against those of NP... 

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because some people can’t wait to post negative stuff.  They go absent when we win or play well. 

Faor play to you mate - that is some super powered brain memory you must have there..... 

..... To remember how anyone reacts when we win or play well...! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RudiRed said:

A bit like playing Sam Bell at wing back, or giving Martin 90 minutes every week. Your man continues to have a bit of a shocker. I know you keep quoting or asking me questions but your infatuation can stop now.

You’re ignoring my point aren’t you? Because you know you’ve got it wrong.  I’m guessing you’re the latest incarnation of one of our previous friends. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, RudiRed said:

My view is that he should be doing better with the resources he has - a number of which he decided to sign.

So, just to detail those “resources”(

Last summer, 14 released, 2 re-signed (Weimann & Baker), 4 brought in.

This summer, 6 moved on, 4 signed.

Wage bill almost halved.

We have a first team squad of a maximum of 23, 4 of whom weren’t available today.

I fully expect us to avoid the bottom six this season, but those “resources” don’t look anything like those available to many previous City managers to me.

• Like 8
  • Flames 4

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

We weren't aiming to 'progress each season' we were aiming for the play-offs. 

I know a number of folk hitched their OTIB reputation to LJ's imminent success...accept it, it never happened. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think anyone with an ounce of grey matter will acknowledge that Pearson has had a difficult job. Trim the wage bill, not much wriggle room in bringing in players he wants.

I am concerned about how very basic mistakes seem to be happening over-and-over and our shape isn't great and to a degree (with a notable Austrian exception) we don't even seem as fit over 90+ minutes as other sides. 

I confess I do worry about the coaching. I had gone with the received wisdom that Pearson could coach a decent player and make him special, but we seem to not really be developing but accepting that we are one of the weakest sides in the division.  Maybe it'll all click into place with Semenyo and Kalas's return, but fans seem to be very accepting of mediocre results against not-that-special sides.

If the end of last season gave me hope, the beginning of this one is filling me with a vague sense of foreboding.  I don't even want to ponder where we'd be this season if Weimann gets injured. 

Great post Robbo, I feel exactly the same.

Bravo Sir. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I bet the money spent stats would be just as interesting. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You are the worst kind of "fan". It must be an American thing wanting change every two minutes. Head off back to your baseball or American "Football" or something.

Worst kind of fan that is there every week home or away ? you probably watching on an illegal stream. What does my nationality have to do with anything anyway? Comment is basically racist. Guess that is the right type of “fan”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The situations are totally different #chalkandcheese

LJ spent what he wanted……Nige has spent less than £2m

Johnson and Ashton are the reasons we are in such a mess still…..

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

(Piggybacking on you Q…but to all City fans on here, not you per se)

A manager who was happy to take on a shit-fest of a situation, have players leave OOC with little to no money to reinvest.

There’s your answer.

He deserves loads of time imho.  He’s rebuilding a club for the club…not himself.  People should be a bit more grateful.

The CEO pissed off, remember that, courting a set of owners for another team…don’t forget that.

We are competitive under Pearson, it’s hard work getting points in the Champ.  We are fighting an unknown transfer window, hoping to be in-tact when it ends.

Get behind him, be grateful we finished in the Championship last season, rather than going down…that’s the history of Bristol City, get into Champ for a few seasons then wallow as a 3rd tier club too big to be in it, but who takes several seasons to get back up.

We are so entitled.  We can’t wait to blame a player, we can’t wait to blame the manager.  Have a word with yourself.  

couldn't agree more. What Pearson is being asked to do is rebuild the club - not just get results on match day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Under Holden we weren’t even registering a single shot on target. People saying we haven’t improved, makes me laugh. I can’t remember the last manager who was under the same restraints as nige! I get it’s frustrating but I would give him another season and a half at least and see what he can do with a better transfer budget! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

We weren't aiming to 'progress each season' we were aiming for the play-offs. 

I know a number of folk hitched their OTIB reputation to LJ's imminent success...accept it, it never happened. 

No,  it never happened. 

It was a darn site closer then,  than it is now though. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

You’re ignoring my point aren’t you? Because you know you’ve got it wrong.  I’m guessing you’re the latest incarnation of one of our previous friends. 

What his 31% win ratio. Outstanding. Brilliant stuff. You keep asking me questions but the obsession needs to stop. 

14 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

What would you have done instead out of interest?

He took off Conway who is pretty new to the division and played almost all of the game a few days ago. That makes sense to me.

Not directed at me but thought he could have brought on wilson and pring to double up the wings. Like a 541. Wasn’t mad with the changes but he had another 2 subs to use and one slot to use it. Granted this would have been after 1 all but think Pring and Wilson could have helped defend and possibly been an outlet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

The situations are totally different #chalkandcheese

LJ spent what he wanted……Nige has spent less than £2m

Johnson and Ashton are the reasons we are in such a mess still…..

LJ also had to sell every decent player that we had..! 

Come on,  you know that aswell,  surely. 

Just saying that LJ spend loads of money is a very one sided,  lazy,  cock eyed version of reality. 

Edited by Bar BS3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A manager who was happy to take on a shit-fest of a situation, have players leave OOC with little to no money to reinvest.

There’s your answer.

He deserves loads of time imho.  He’s rebuilding a club for the club…not himself.  People should be a bit more grateful.

The CEO pissed off, remember that, courting a set of owners for another team…don’t forget that.

We are competitive under Pearson, it’s hard work getting points in the Champ.  We are fighting an unknown transfer window, hoping to be in-tact when it ends.

Get behind him, be grateful we finished in the Championship last season, rather than going down…that’s the history of Bristol City, get into Champ for a few seasons then wallow as a 3rd tier club too big to be in it, but who takes several seasons to get back up.

We are so entitled.  We can’t wait to blame a player, we can’t wait to blame the manager.  Have a word with yourself.  

??????

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So, just to detail those “resources”(

Last summer, 14 released, 2 re-signed (Weimann & Baker), 4 brought in.

This summer, 6 moved on, 4 signed.

Wage bill almost halved.

We have a first team squad of a maximum of 23, 4 of whom weren’t available today.

I fully expect us to avoid the bottom six this season, but those “resources” don’t look anything like those available to many previous City managers to me.

How much of an impact have Pearson signings had? How much has he improved the players he has.....weimann semenyo no doubt, the others? Have some regressed under him?

He hasn't had the resources of other managers, I never said he did, my point was whether he was making the best of what he does have, not for me.

A very 2022 thread; polarised.

I'm more in the middle. 

Yes, NP inherited a shitshow.

But he also hasn't been perfect. Some decisions have been odd.

He's perfectly deserving of both praise and criticism, in moderation. As are most people. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

No,  it never happened. 

It was a darn site closer then,  than it is now though. 

Too right. Closer than it is likely to be again any time soon. It was never going to happen under LJ though...it was obvious...or appeared so to at least some of us. He was always out of his depth. Which made it harder to take as the prize was so close and a better manager and a less stubborn owner would have seized it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There’s your answer.

I've tried to give NP time (he's hardly new to the job!) 

It's the complete & utter lack of improvement or direction that frustrates me most. 

I was delighted when we appointed him - but his record here has been beyond woeful. 

Without looking it up.. I think I can't be far wrong in saying that in his 18 months here,  we've won back to back games ONCE...?! 

Come on,  that is f'ing appalling..! 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

you’ve got a short memory, it was all downhill once we sold Bobby Reid. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

Too right. Closer than it is likely to be again any time soon. It was never going to happen under LJ though...it was obvious...or appeared so to at least some of us. He was always out of his depth. Which made it harder to take as the prize was so close and a better manager and a less stubborn owner would have seized it. 

Possibly,  who knows. 

Our "better manager" now at the helm isn't really pushing your cause forward as a shining example of 2hat can be achieved with a bit more experience. 

LJ had to go,  come the end - but my god,  wasn't it nice to actually turn up to games thinking that we might be able to win them,  rather than having to settle for the odd,  very seldom,  scrappy victory..? 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

They’re still trotting out the season on season progress….where did it get us?

HERE.

A club fighting for its Championship status with eff-all money to recover.  A CEO long gone, courting investors for another club whilst working here.

I’m fed up of the entitlement of certain posters every Saturday evening when they come on here demanding the manager gets sacked.  I want us to play better, but we are still in recovery mode.  We should be grateful we have a manager and CEO with zero-Ego trying to recover this club.

I don’t think some of our fans deserve them.  

You could say some of those fans don't deserve some of the rubbish served up travelling up and down the country spending their hard earned cash, just to be told how dare you have a have an opinion that's not uber positive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There’s your answer.

Spot on @Davefevs ?

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've tried to give NP time (he's hardly new to the job!) 

It's the complete & utter lack of improvement or direction that frustrates me most. 

I was delighted when we appointed him - but his record here has been beyond woeful. 

Without looking it up.. I think I can't be far wrong in saying that in his 18 months here,  we've won back to back games ONCE...?! 

Come on,  that is f'ing appalling..! 

But never went more than 4 games winless.

Progress is slow.

I enjoy it more than boom and bust of the previous regime….that failed in its objectives…because that’s why they kept getting another player….just one more Steve, one more, then we’ll be alright.  We kidded ourselves.  They conned SL and us fans….and we harp back to it and great.  It wasn’t.  It was a disaster that caught up with us.

• Like 4