IGNORED

Pearson

Top Robin

Every decision was spot on tonight. 

He was the calmest person in the stadium, and needs to take credit for the game-plan. He worked out Luton's strengths, and created a plan to nullify them. 

Big credit to Nige and the coaching staff tonight. The players out in the performance, but the coaching staff certainly had an impact. 

Great to see the unity amongst the squad as well. I loved seeing the defence praise eachother after every clearance/tackle. 

• Like 5

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Yes - was more intent on working out with Fleming whether to make a sub , what to adjust etc

I mean, I would have preferred if he had repeated the famous touchline throat grabbing incident but on Luke Freeman this time, but actually Nige is nothing like the wild man that people expect.

2 minutes ago, RedG said:

Great interview on sky sports news basically saying the refs are shit and he has had enough of it.

I can give the ref some slack on the red maybe, but the pen shout was a stonewall one moments before.

Maybe a bit of frustration that led to the red card incident?

5 minutes ago, RedG said:

Great interview on sky sports news basically saying the refs are shit and he has had enough of it.

It is beyond a joke, the push on Atkinson was such a blatant penalty I have no idea why it wasn’t given.

I fully expected Sykes to get a red, but how Freeman avoided one I have no idea.

None of these decisions are evening themselves out, Wigan should have played in the blazing heat with 10 men at 1 down & tonight it should have been ten a side with a penalty to us.

Gonna go against the grain a bit and say I thought the ref was ok tonight. Sykes only had himself to blame for going two-footed, you know the risk.  You could definitely argue that Freeman should have walked too, but over all I'd have little complaint about tonight's ref. I wasn't sure about the foul on Atkinson, from where i was I wasn't convinced it was a pen.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Every decision was spot on tonight. 

He was the calmest person in the stadium, and needs to take credit for the game-plan. He worked out Luton's strengths, and created a plan to nullify them. 

Big credit to Nige and the coaching staff tonight. The players out in the performance, but the coaching staff certainly had an impact. 

Great to see the unity amongst the squad as well. I loved seeing the defence praise eachother after every clearance/tackle. 

You wouldn’t of thought so with some of the clowns sat behind me in e29 

blaming Pearson for negative subs when  2-0 up with ten men . To plug midfield & the back 5 to stop them walking through us was the wrong decision apparently ??????????

• Like 1

Red G has written good interview but failed to mention that NP also hinted that he may just walk away from the sport or he is thinking about it I hope someone in the club is convincing him to do otherwise or it will be a big loss just when we look as though we have turned a corner 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swanker said:

So a few days later and another game gone can you please share your thoughts now?

Easy tiger!

As I put when I launched this thread, I so want him to succeed and therefore hope we continue with last night's form.

But, it is only one decent performance, so let's wait to see if it carries over to the next 3 or 4 games.

If it does, I may start liking NP again.  ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Gonna go against the grain a bit and say I thought the ref was ok tonight. Sykes only had himself to blame for going two-footed, you know the risk.  You could definitely argue that Freeman should have walked too, but over all I'd have little complaint about tonight's ref. I wasn't sure about the foul on Atkinson, from where i was I wasn't convinced it was a pen.

Agree. Ref let a lot go so suppose could argue Sykes was a yellow in that context, but I’m inclined to think it was reckless. 

The point being all the decisions were arguable, not nailed on.

And I’m sorry but I do think Nige makes himself sound like NathanJones when he goes on about retiring because of refs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Easy tiger!

As I put when I launched this thread, I so want him to succeed and therefore hope we continue with last night's form.

But, it is only one decent performance, so let's wait to see if it carries over to the next 3 or 4 games.

Can’t see that you’ll be able to contain yourself for 3 or 4 games before reminding us all what you think of our manager..

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You wouldn’t of thought so with some of the clowns sat behind me in e29 

blaming Pearson for negative subs when  2-0 up with ten men . To plug midfield & the back 5 to stop them walking through us was the wrong decision apparently ??????????

I think one of them started a thread on here

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Easy tiger!

Firstly it was far better than “decent” last night.  We were “decent” at Hull and Coventry too.  Mixed / Meh against Sunderland and Wigan.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Dave, have you ever watched Poltergeist the Steven Spielberg movie?

God no, hate horror / chillers…as a kid Dr Who was too scary.

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

God no, hate horror / chillers…as a kid Dr Who was too scary.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The slow, upward trend under Nige continues.

Well.... there's a scene where the paranormal investigation team tell the family about their most successful investigation where a toy car was measured to have moved about a quarter of an inch in 12 hrs

They then get to go to "the bedroom".

I'm more of the bedroom type of guy.

13 hours ago, Tin Soldier said:

Don’t you just love NP? Hopefully the “Pearson out” brigade  back off for a few weeks?

Its always going to be louder after a loss from most but I still don't want him here, don't get me wrong last night was brilliant but Luton were absolute shit. Play like that against some better teams and show me the progress and I may change my mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

What I saw last night was what I expected a Nigel Pearson performance to be when he arrived. A team completely working for each other. We’ve discussed the eye catching stuff but it’s the little things; Dasilva blocking the keeper off instead of sulking with his hands on his head after Conway didn’t square it, Bentley instantly organising the defence after making an excellent save in stoppage time at 2-0, Naismith barking at anyone who wasn’t pulling their weight, players putting everything into winning throw ins or little free kicks… we were really up for it. 

The asterisk is that Luton may be a doomed side this season. Repeat that performance on Sunday, in doing so achieving back to back wins in the first month of the season rather than the last, and it’s the clearest sign yet that we’re turning a corner. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well.... there's a scene where the paranormal investigation team tell the family about their most successful investigation where a toy car was measured to have moved about a quarter of an inch in 12 hrs

They then get to go to "the bedroom".

I'm more of the bedroom type of guy.

Too much info

On 17/08/2022 at 08:09, Top Robin said:

Easy tiger!

You can’t knock that today mate. Remember he hasn’t spent much and that was a good performance ?