IGNORED

Good point on the road…

Davefevs

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

I want to feel pleased with a point, but can’t help but feel disappointed that another winning position was let slip. 

And that a dominant first 30-45 minutes was once again (perhaps we should expect it now) not enough to see us gain the edge in the match.

It’ll come.

• Like 4

This is going to be another season where conceding last minute goals and throwing away leads will be the norm. We should celebrate our first point of the season, and be grateful that we held on till the end. If people want to see regular wins then Bristol City aren’t the team to support. That’s not what we do.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

I want to feel pleased with a point, but can’t help but feel disappointed that another winning position was let slip. 

And that a dominant first 30-45 minutes was once again (perhaps we should expect it now) not enough to see us gain the edge in the match.

I wonder how much was down to the high temperature and the affects of an away match at Burton. 
I thought we kept battling but looked flat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Yep. Ultimately, in 3 games this season we’ve been in a winning position. That possible 9 points has ended with just 1. 

That’s not very promising. But I’m not gonna jerk my knee at the moment and will watch intently for progress. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, 77 punk said:

what was the bennett incident dave ?

Kicked out at Williams after a tackle.

Williams got up & as he walked away Bennett (still on the floor) kicked him, as clear a red card as you will see.

Bennett has always been a nasty piece of work, famously stamped on Sane when at Cardiff.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Kicked out at Williams after a tackle.

Williams got up & as he walked away Bennett (still on the floor) kicked him, as clear a red card as you will see.

Bennett has always been a nasty piece of work, famously stamped on Sane when at Cardiff.

Wasn’t a stamp if I recall. It was a knee high tackle as Sane had gone past him. 
But yes, horrible git. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Ultimately, in 3 games this season we’ve been in a winning position. That possible 9 points has ended with just 1. 

That’s not very promising. But I’m not gonna jerk my knee at the moment and will watch intently for progress. 

And I think that is fair about knee jerk but the manner of the dropped points is a recurring theme. You can see the goals coming every time. Not really been a lack of luck defending. We invite pressure and fall into a pattern of get overrun on wings, cross come in and creates calamity, clear it as far as we can and repeat of concede pump one up to martin from kickoff which does not stick and back at us. 

It is a really frustrating watch and we do not change anything tactically to combat it. It was such a positive build up to the season with our early business and good preseason. That has disappeared in 3 weeks. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

…off an running after two defeats

Defended resolutely if a bit deep at times.

Vyner had a good game, Conway very good, should’ve sealed the 3 points with his 6 yard header.  His pace at times was a surprise to me, I knew he had some, but he’s gained an extra yard.

A few quiet performances, but stuck at it.

Will give confidence that we didn’t concede and another ref determined to make it harder for us.  How he didn’t red card Bennett is a disgrace.  Violent conduct…full stop….red card.  Their manager knew it, hence subbed off at h-t.

Ref making it up as they go along shock. There is no way it can be justified. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RudiRed said:

Ref making it up as they go along shock. There is no way it can be justified. 

Crazy isn’t it?

Im not sure the first one on Conway was a pen (just like Hull’s wasn’t…yet was given ??‍♂️), but the second one was.  Just because he gets a shot away should make no difference.  Awful challenge by Whatmough.

It just makes every result harder to attain.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Crazy isn’t it?

Im not sure the first one on Conway was a pen (just like Hull’s wasn’t…yet was given ??‍♂️), but the second one was.  Just because he gets a shot away should make no difference.  Awful challenge by Whatmough.

The second one was a definite penalty for me.

But that aside, Conway had a very good game, he should be pleased with that.

Looked very sharp and very quick.

Should give his confidence a huge boost.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Crazy isn’t it?

But it doesn't detract from the fact that we are playing poorly for large spells and limited progress seems to have been made.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Crazy isn’t it?

I thought the first challenge was a pen. Kerr puts his studs on the back of Conway's leg. 

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I wonder how much was down to the high temperature and the affects of an away match at Burton. 
I thought we kept battling but looked flat.

It's completely unfair that we had to struggle in 30+ temperatures,  whilst Wigan players didn't - and as for us having to play in midweek,  whilst Wigan were granted a bye into the next round is a shocking endightment of the football league hierarchy...... 

Oh... 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

Think I'm the only one that's glad of a crap start,We seem to start off well end up at the top of league only to be disappointed and everything going tits up by Christmas.?

You don't get any of that nonsense under NP..! 

No false dawns here now. 

We are consistently inconsistent and seem to have a serious phobia of the top half of the table. 

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

If we beat Luton we can say that the tide has turned with three unbeaten and four points from 6 in the league.

BUT... fail to beat Luton, it'll be hard not to worry. 

Serious question…why put so much of a rider on one game?  46 game season.

• Like 1