IGNORED

Brentford v Man U...

B1ackbird

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If you want an indicator of the issues there, consider the fact that the back 5 (including keeper) that have started the first 2 games were signed by 5 different managers - De Gea by Ferguson, Dalot by Mourinho, Maguire by Solskjaer, Martinez by Ten Hag and Shaw by Van Gaal.

That’s another similarity with us then!!

20 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s not throw it all at the glazers feet,they have hired good managers who have spunked money up the wall,Sir Alex had run the club down when you look at the players that were left when he packed up 

The Glazers put commercial success over on-field success, and it's shown ever since they've owned the club. 

You can't be successful on the pitch when the vision from the top is all wrong. They can appoint as many great managers and sign as many great players as they like, but they won't be successful, as has proven over the past decade. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The Glazers put commercial success over on-field success, and it's shown ever since they've owned the club. 

You can't be successful on the pitch when the vision from the top is all wrong. They can appoint as many great managers and sign as many great players as they like, but they won't be successful, as has proven over the past decade. 

I watched the game yesterday and had they been say, Forest, I’d be saying they were certain for relegation. It’s as bad a performance I’ve ever seen from that club.  And make no mistake, there is no clear fix there, they have huge problems 

Edited by Rob k

Actually think they have a good Manager but the players won't listen to him, because some of the ego's there are through the roof, their attitudes are shocking for players who play for that club. They need a huge overhaul from top to bottom which will take years.

At least when Liverpool fell from grace they were at least competing, this United lot look a way off and disinterested. 

Gary Neville is a fine one to talk about poor ownership and backing managers as well when his Salford lot have got rid of 4 in the last few years

I'm loving it to be honest, I couldn't stand seeing them win absolutely everything as a kid. They have been well and truly humbled

• Like 1

I was telling a young man in Weston recently who identified as a Manchester United fan that most of their trophies have been won under two managers but he didn't seem to absorb this. Just looked it up and 56 of their 66 trophies - 85% - were delivered by three managers: Busby, SAF and Ernest Mangnall. 

They're doing ok really, at the moment, no great disaster, when you look at it like this.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

I was telling a young man in Weston recently who identified as a Manchester United fan that most of their trophies have been won under two managers but he didn't seem to absorb this. Just looked it up and 56 of their 66 trophies - 85% - were delivered by three managers: Busby, SAF and Ernest Mangnall. 

They're doing ok really, at the moment, no great disaster, when you look at it like this.

We might be FA Cup winners if it wasn't for that last bugger

On 13/08/2022 at 22:45, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s not throw it all at the glazers feet,they have hired good managers who have spunked money up the wall,Sir Alex had run the club down when you look at the players that were left when he packed up 

Doesn't Sir Alex still have alot of influence there, but only takes the credit when things are going ok?

Not that I care one jot, but they are in real trouble.

The club is totally geared towards commercial success and the financial income of the owners. I think Gary Neville  tweeted that the owners took out £24m last month!

The new manager wants to play out from the back and as a start point, you don’t have the keeper to do that.

I really doubt they will be challenging for many years.

On 14/08/2022 at 13:19, Oh Louie louie said:

Fergie said Jose didn't fit the club.

And therein lies the problem.  Since he 'retired' all he has done is dabble, whenever is suits him.

United should have said 'Thanks, now pi$$ off, and don't come back.'

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If the really think having SAF in the stands is the problem you haven’t been watching 

It's not the presence in the stands, but the string pulling behind the scenes which is the problem.  He left Man Utd in a mess and then critiques every move of every successor from the Directors' Box.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Hxj said:

He left Man Utd in a mess and then critiques every move of every successor from the Directors' Box.

He won the league in his last season and has never passed judgement on the managers since him. Very weird analysis

Where Man U have gone wrong is crap ownership and shit recruitment. F all to do with SAF

12 minutes ago, Hxj said:

It's not the presence in the stands, but the string pulling behind the scenes which is the problem.  He left Man Utd in a mess and then critiques every move of every successor from the Directors' Box.

Sir Alex didn’t leave them in a mess, he won the league, chose Moyes to succeed him, had a proper handover and had a plan in place to take them forward.  The problem came when they sacked Moyes and then ripped up the plan and started chucking money about like confetti on managers and players with no idea what the plan was.  They lost all culture and identity within a couple of years, and it will take many many more to turn it around.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Where Man U have gone wrong is crap ownership and shit recruitment. F all to do with SAF

You might be right as my ex used to say!

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He won the league in his last season and has never passed judgement on the managers since him. Very weird analysis

Given that my initial response was to a comment about Ferguson criticising José Mourinho ...

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Sir Alex didn’t leave them in a mess, he won the league, chose Moyes to succeed him, had a proper handover and had a plan in place to take them forward.  The problem came when they sacked Moyes and then ripped up the plan and started chucking money about like confetti on managers and players with no idea what the plan was.  They lost all culture and identity within a couple of years, and it will take many many more to turn it around.  

Absolutely.

In some ways, losing David Gill affected them more. The players that Moyes wanted and Woodward only managed to get him Fellani last minute. It went downhill from there really.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Sir Alex didn’t leave them in a mess, he won the league, chose Moyes to succeed him, had a proper handover and had a plan in place to take them forward.  The problem came when their  completely entitled fans had a meltdown when they weren’t walking the Premier League , and thus they they sacked Moyes and then ripped up the plan and started chucking money about like confetti on managers and players with no idea what the plan was.  They lost all culture and identity within a couple of years, and it will take many many more to turn it around.  

Slight addition TLC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ferguson still has some power. He was fundamental in bringing that arrogant tosser Ronaldo back. Looks like a big mistake right now ??

• Like 1