IGNORED

The bus

BigAl&Toby

I might have missed it but anyone know why the Bears bus was used today?

Is it now the chosen bus of choice for away games?

Is there a nice shiny red one with its own personalised plate or is the nice shiny blue one the one we now use?

Does travelling to away games in the Bears bus affect the players? Or are they professional enough to not let such trivial matters affect them?

Might that be the reason we couldn’t capitalise on set pieces? Or why it was only a yellow and not a red?

Or is there something more sinister afoot…… is this a sign of things to come……. is the big man about to make his real intentions clear?

I love a good bus theory ?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The players coach did break down at Hull, and again earlier in the week with the u21/u23's so they used the Bears one. Nothing more sinister than that I'm afraid. Move on, nothing to see here.

Sounds to me like the bus needs to go on the transfer list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Didn’t the city bus break down at the hull game and had to get taxis to the stadium? Guessing it’s not fixed yet

99541C2D-8C0C-4F2D-BEBC-F0A63CE19B48.jpeg

A19E97F8-01AC-4ADB-AD48-95AADCF131AC.jpeg

Just looked at the Scania and Irizar web site. They promote and claim reliability and performance. Shame it does not pass on our flow through to the ones at BS3 that travel in one ?

2 hours ago, RedM said:

The players coach did break down at Hull, and again earlier in the week with the u21/u23's so they used the Bears one. Nothing more sinister than that I'm afraid. Move on, nothing to see here.

Twas tongue in cheek. Firmly in my own cheek……

Then again is there something to see here? Reliability? Performance? Results?

Perhaps with Bristol’s rich bus history we should have had a Hungry Horse Lo Dekka - proudly sited close to the old BCV buildings and depot.

What I’d have given to see a Hungry Horse yesterday. Instead the only horse we have goes by the name of Chris Martin. 

But then again it could have been a City Dart - up and over the flyover like a Tommy Conway teeing Andi all he does is run and point - oh hang on - and scores for another afternoon full of Northern Soul promise……

Buses. I loves ‘em……

45218FB7-0D4F-4804-B244-5380BB585B99.jpeg

• Haha 2

Overheard the (team) coach driver at Wigan saying that Nigel Pearson rang him to ask why the coach was headed the wrong way on the M5. NP was travelling by car and the Robins coach was returning from repair somewhere in the Midlands.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Change text

Fascinatingly, the Few also broke down on route to Hull. In May '84. They came to a halt about 80 miles away, and went by a fleet of taxis only for one of them to get a puncture. The Few's coach was an early 70's Len Munden thing (probably), it did well to get that far in them days.

Hull needed a win to go up, the Few drew nothing each. Better than we managed.

12 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I might have missed it but anyone know why the Bears bus was used today?

Is it now the chosen bus of choice for away games?

Is there a nice shiny red one with its own personalised plate or is the nice shiny blue one the one we now use?

Does travelling to away games in the Bears bus affect the players? Or are they professional enough to not let such trivial matters affect them?

Might that be the reason we couldn’t capitalise on set pieces? Or why it was only a yellow and not a red?

Or is there something more sinister afoot…… is this a sign of things to come……. is the big man about to make his real intentions clear?

I love a good bus theory ?

Did Bears player, Joe Joyce, a nut case City fan, travel with the team?