IGNORED

Annoying things people say in football chat on otib..

The dastardly red

Bit moody as got work at 5. Sorry but I have to update you on phrases I hate.

By a country mile

Billy big bollox

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy

Bazoongers 

Absolute basket case of a club

Florist/Man Ure/Bournemuff/Pressed Ham etc.

I'll probably remember more as the day goes on so will keep you posted. Thanks for listening.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Bit moody as got work at 5. Sorry but I have to update you on phrases I hate.

By a country mile

Billy big bollox

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy

Bazoongers 

Absolute basket case of a club

Florist/Man Ure/Bournemuff/Pressed Ham etc.

I'll probably remember more as the day goes on so will keep you posted. Thanks for listening.

The nicknames like Florist etc are so lame, yeh we get it, Florist sounds like Forest, cant OTIB introduce an autocorrect function to remove these?

FFS has to be the most annoying post ever.  Why sign into OTIB and then onto the match day thread to just post FFS, what a waste of time and energy!

Not so relevant now but ‘Little Lee’ used to do my head in, such a deliberately derogatory and patronising phrase to use.

To add a positive spin, I do enjoy when the puns take hold for a few pages, unlike the Monty Python quotes which we all know and have heard a billion times, just in OTIB, but still get trotted out to prove we all know the script of Life of Bryan!  

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The nicknames like Florist etc are so lame, yeh we get it, Florist sounds like Forest, cant OTIB introduce an autocorrect function to remove these?

FFS has to be the most annoying post ever.  Why sign into OTIB and then onto the match day thread to just post FFS, what a waste of time and energy!

Not so relevant now but ‘Little Lee’ used to do my head in, such a deliberately derogatory and patronising phrase to use.

To add a positive spin, I do enjoy when the puns take hold for a few pages, unlike the Monty Python quotes which we all know and have heard a billion times, just in OTIB, but still get trotted out to prove we all know the script of Life of Bryan!  

And hands off our Half Man Half Biscuit references!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Someone calls the play offs the 'pray offs'. Every. Single. Time.

First I thought I was a typo. But, no.

Think that very same poster use’s the name “ Florist “ also……….. I’m not very eloquent when it comes to putting my feelings onto the page,but it would seem to take more effort to use these childish replacements.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Puns.

They are the perfect way to utterly destroy a thread for the comedically-challenged.

Especially fish puns which should result in an immediate ban.

"Hur hur, "plaice" sounds like"place", hur hur."

p16298_i_v9_aa.jpg

Agreed. As mentioned above, when someone says "for f*cks hake" on the match day thread, it's just the worst.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not only do we know the quotes, but some of us even know that the film is about a man mistaken for Jesus, rather than a former City player now playing (occasionally) for Fulham ?.

• Haha 1

Post after post after post that just agrees with or repeats a previous post.

A single thread can have tens of pages, but it gets really difficult to actually find the key points that are being made.

If you agree with a post, just use the voting button, and only reply to it if you have a fresh point to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

It annoys me when posters refer to players by their initials, ie TM has a year left on his contract. There was one the other day had me scratching my head for ages till it turned out to be a typo. 

Agree with this one. I was quite relieved when Kevin Pietersen was sold to Coventry. 

• Haha 4