IGNORED

Annoying things people say in football chat on otib..

The dastardly red

The word "literally ".Constantly overused and misused in society in general. I don't know why it gets under my skin so much.

He literally should have passed it there.He  literally should have scored.The ref was literally hopeless.The list is literally endless!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, HitchinRed said:

Post after post after post that just agrees with or repeats a previous post.

A single thread can have tens of pages, but it gets really difficult to actually find the key points that are being made.

If you agree with a post, just use the voting button, and only reply to it if you have a fresh point to make.

This! :)

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Slacker said:

The word "literally ".Constantly overused and misused in society in general. I don't know why it gets under my skin so much.

He literally should have passed it there.He  literally should have scored.The ref was literally hopeless.The list is literally endless!

It literally is the most annoying thing in the world ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I always find it embarrassing when two people get into an argument on here and one calls the other ‘petal’ or something as if it’s some genius cutting insult. 

Haha, this is the other one I was going to mention.

’Petel’ or ‘Princess’ or ‘Sweetheart’

Ugh.

• Like 1

The people who, when we have a manager like Johnson, will say 'we need an experienced manager like Pearson'. Then we get a manager like Pearson and they say 'he's a dinosaur and we need a up and coming manager with new ideas'. 

People who think they're better supporters than others because the make more noise at the game. 

But I'm sure all of us are guilty of some of the suggestions in this thread :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

"Give him a pay per play contract".

"He is rubbish, we need to sell him"

"Why don't they lower the price and fill the Gate?"

And other fantasy clap trap...

Tbf on the lower ticket prices people do have a point . We’re the most expensive in the league with pay on the day prices by nearly £10 and were awful.

Stating an unchecked fact or stat that could be easily verified or checked.

"We always lose to team X". Ok let's check. Oh no look, we've lost just one of our last 7 games against them.

"Player Y never hits the target". Ok let's check. Oh no look, he's got a 40% shot on target rate.

You're online. You've got the internet. Check it before you post it.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

People who pounce on a minor grammatical or spelling error, in a post which otherwise contains a decent point about football. 

It seems that some of these people are obviously waiting for such an opportunity, and have no intention of engaging in a football discussion. 

Weird behaviour 

I’m not sure either of those commas are necessary……just saying! 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

People who pounce on a minor grammatical or spelling error, in a post which otherwise contains a decent point about football. 

It seems that some of these people are obviously waiting for such an opportunity, and have no intention of engaging in a football discussion. 

Weird behaviour.

Corrected that for you.

• Like 1