IGNORED

Annoying things people say in football chat on otib..

The dastardly red

Yeah the play on words, changing a clubs name - Florist etc does wear a bit thin.

Also knowing what to call our neighbours from across the city is an ever changing minefield. I wonder if you went through that -what must be a record breaking thread- how many names for them you would find? What is the current acceptable name?

7 hours ago, HitchinRed said:

Post after post after post that just agrees with or repeats a previous post.

A single thread can have tens of pages, but it gets really difficult to actually find the key points that are being made.

If you agree with a post, just use the voting button, and only reply to it if you have a fresh point to make.

I'm with you on that one.

Oops.

I do find “florist” pathetic but don’t really overly care for these terms. What really irks me is the personal attacks on posters who just so happen to have a different opinion from the person who feels it necessary to demean the posters contribution. It’s got particularly bad on otib over the last couple of years. The days of banter and lively debate have unfortunately given way to those who regard themselves as self-appointed moderators who behind the anonymity of their keyboard regard themselves as having the guts to post something that they wouldn’t say to a stranger over a pre-match pint. 
that really boils my piss ?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

People who still think that Steve Lansdown is secretly buying up the houses behind the Atyeo Stand. 

Ah, the annual 'rebuild the Atyeo' thread where Steve is / has been buying / not buying all the houses apart from 1 even though they are for sale on the open market?

Quite irritating, I would agree but it passes the downtime in the summer I suppose.

I've no doubt it will reappear next summer.

6 hours ago, Slacker said:

The word "literally ".Constantly overused and misused in society in general. I don't know why it gets under my skin so much.

He literally should have passed it there.He  literally should have scored.The ref was literally hopeless.The list is literally endless!

It literally pisses me off as well!