IGNORED

Annoying things people say in football chat on otib..

The dastardly red

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Signatures under posts. Sorry @Mad Cyril I do agree with the Ukraine No War statement, but it fills up most of my screen.  @BigTone and @PhilC can add you to this as well.

Ypu can actually go in to account settings > signatures and adjust "Show other people's signatures alongside their content"

However, I do accept your point on this.

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So, I'd just like to say to all the cockwombles on here with your glass half full ideas that we're going to walk into the pray-offs this season you need to literally give your heads a wobble. FFS, just get a grip. Those billy big bollox who look at the likes of Florist and Crapdiff and think we've a right to be there well I've news for you petal; we're still clearing deadwood. We may be a sleeping giant but we're a country mile from there. Fact. All these happy clappers just boil my piss. Melts. We've been a basket case for too long now and if we could find a manager to get us to our rightful place then I'd drive him to the club myself. It wasn't a job for Cotts, and it's a waste of time checking who's at the Avon Gorge hotel - at the last presser SL made it clear that NP is going nowhere and that NW will never get a look in. So get real pal. It's not that we're bad per se, but we've got too many bedwetters with agendas who won't get behind the club when they need it and come over as real belters. Source, you say? OTIB. Good night.

FFS!!!

P.S. I will believe none of this until it's on the OS.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Has anyone else not read this whole thread and now too worried to post in case they write something “wrong”? 

Yes.*

*Though these days no pundit says yes anymore, it's always 100%. Though if they only half agree with somebody they never say 50%.?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Has anyone else not read this whole thread and now too worried to post in case they write something “wrong”? 

Another thing that annoyes is posters who post without reading the whole thread. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

So, I'd just like to say to all the cockwombles on here with your glass half full ideas that we're going to walk into the pray-offs this season you need to literally give your heads a wobble. FFS, just get a grip. Those billy big bollox who look at the likes of Florist and Crapdiff and think we've a right to be there well I've news for you petal; we're still clearing deadwood. We may be a sleeping giant but we're a country mile from there. Fact. All these happy clappers just boil my piss. Melts. We've been a basket case for too long now and if we could find a manager to get us to our rightful place then I'd drive him to the club myself. It wasn't a job for Cotts, and it's a waste of time checking who's at the Avon Gorge hotel - at the last presser SL made it clear that NP is going nowhere and that NW will never get a look in. So get real pal. It's not that we're bad per se, but we've got too many bedwetters with agendas who won't get behind the club when they need it and come over as real belters. Source, you say? OTIB. Good night.

Thank goodness, someone on here who talks our language.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

That was epic.

BTW hate the word Epic

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Has anyone else not read this whole thread and now too worried to post in case they write something “wrong” incorrectly? 

Fixed that for you.

56 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

People who use the confused reaction Emoji without counter argument or offering their opinions to be debated grinds my gears would like to request that reaction be disabled so people could start speaking up 

There are some posts that deserve no more than a confused emoji to be fair... It's a cheap way to get past the "attack the post, not the poster" rule in some situations!

• Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Fixed that for you.

There are some posts that deserve no more than a confused emoji to be fair... It's a cheap way to get past the "attack the post, not the poster" rule in some situations!

Couldn’t resist a confused emoji there but as I can’t find my reading glasses I’m not sure I’ve hit the right emoji……

3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

The puns. Drives me bonkers. Trying to wade through pages and pages to get to anything relevant. That and how too many OTIBers are masters at wandering off topic.

Oh I don't know, because when the fish puns start they are pretty soon floundering and run out of steam. :whistle:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, italian dave said:

That’s like an AI generated response after you’ve forced it to read the entirety of the forum and write something in the average style of a post!  

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

The puns. Drives me bonkers. Trying to wade through pages and pages to get to anything relevant. That and how too many OTIBers are masters at wandering off topic.

Anyone else want to rise to the bait?

It is the humour and off the wall comments which make this forum .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Anyone else want to rise to the bait?

It is the humour and off the wall comments which make this forum .

I think it is quite irritating if you see a thread in the transfer forum go "hot" but it's just 2 pages worth of puns.

I've just accepted that it's not my humour so never partake.. but it is pretty annoying when that happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it is quite irritating if you see a thread in the transfer forum go "hot" but it's just 2 pages worth of puns.

I've just accepted that it's not my humour so never partake.. but it is pretty annoying when that happens.

I don’t really care about a thread going off topic with puns and humour but I do care when it just becomes abusive, and full of people pulling out posts from years ago to try to prove a point, name calling, demanding of answers etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t really care about a thread going off topic with puns and humour but I do care when it just becomes abusive, and full of people pulling out posts from years ago to try to prove a point, name calling, demanding of answers etc.

I'd much rather read the latter, petal !

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Robin 1

On 15/08/2022 at 00:32, Norn Iron said:

I give up. 3 times I've tried to edit the deliberate misspelling. My phone won't let me spell John's name incorrectly. Major doffing of the cap to Samsung.

When I posted my 'sarcy' reply, I thought you had made an unintentional typo, but it's frustrating sometimes, isn't it?

A bit like trying to differentiate between source and source?

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I used to rarely make puns, but they've groan on me...

:whistle2:

• Haha 7
  • Flames 1