IGNORED

Annoying things people say in football chat on otib..

The dastardly red

Find it annoying, not just on OTIB, but in real life conversations when someone says "Lansdown needs to get the chequebook out", when they obviously don't realise we're hampered by FFP.

Also annoying on match threads when someone says "we're totally comfortable here"...and we then go on to concede a minute later.

I'm not superstitious in every day life, but I definitely go looking for blame when we concede or lose, and so those superstitious traits come out of me more often than not.

15 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

The puns. Drives me bonkers. Trying to wade through pages and pages to get to anything relevant. That and how too many OTIBers are masters at wandering off topic.

I agree that wandering off topic on the forum is terrible. It’s almost as bad as having kippers for breakfast. I know that it’s important to have a good breakfast and kippers are healthy, but they’re just too fishy. Of course, if you like fish, why not have some for lunch?  Unless, of course, it’s cod and chips (or should I say a cod lot?). Have you seen the price of cod and chips nowadays? You need a mortgage to buy it. That is, of course, if you can afford a mortgage with today’s inflation. I can remember inflation in the 70s and it was much worse than today. The 70s weren’t all bad as there was glam rock and platform shoes. There was also Platform One where City players used to go after an away match. I had a metallic green Ford Cortina in the early 70s. Nice car but a bit underpowered. Todays cars are much better. I’ve got a Mazda CX30 which has heated seats and a heated steering wheel. These features are great on cold winter mornings, though the winters of today are nowhere near as bad as when I was a lad. At home, in the winter, we had ice on the inside of the windows. I used to wear a balaclava to school. Couldn’t do it nowadays as people would think I was a bank robber. 

Edited by pongo88
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

21 hours ago, italian dave said:

So, I'd just like to say to all the cockwombles on here with your glass half full ideas that we're going to walk into the pray-offs this season you need to literally give your heads a wobble. FFS, just get a grip. Those billy big bollox who look at the likes of Florist and Crapdiff and think we've a right to be there well I've news for you petal; we're still clearing deadwood. We may be a sleeping giant but we're a country mile from there. Fact. All these happy clappers just boil my piss. Melts. We've been a basket case for too long now and if we could find a manager to get us to our rightful place then I'd drive him to the club myself. It wasn't a job for Cotts, and it's a waste of time checking who's at the Avon Gorge hotel - at the last presser SL made it clear that NP is going nowhere and that NW will never get a look in. So get real pal. It's not that we're bad per se, but we've got too many bedwetters with agendas who won't get behind the club when they need it and come over as real belters. Source, you say? OTIB. Good night.

That post is a thing of beauty.

Mods - add this thread to the classics.

Oh, I also hate it when people instruct the mods to do stuff...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Malago said:

Americanisms annoy me, particularly, back in the day.  

There are a multitude of English equivalents which are much more lyrical, such as: in the mists of time, way back when, halcyon times, the days of yore, when God was in short trousers etc 

Oh yes. My unfaves are “on the team” instead of in the team and “on the weekend” instead of at the weekend.

And I acknowledge that language develops and my annoyance is illogical, but I don’t care!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

Find it annoying, not just on OTIB, but in real life conversations when someone says "Lansdown needs to get the chequebook out", when they obviously don't realise we're hampered by FFP.

Or the fact that SL would authorise a bank transfer and not issue a cheque. 

If the transfer failed for lack of money in the account would it be Bacs against the wall? 

SL needs to get his BACS out.....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

That post is a thing of beauty.

Mods - add this thread to the classics.

Oh, I also hate it when people instruct the mods to do stuff...

This.. calling moderators "Mods"                 Mods wore parkas and rode scooters 

Starting replies with 'this'                          I've no idea what it means 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henry said:

When we play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday and people call it’s three games in a week. It’s not, it’s three games in 8 days. When we play Saturday then the following Saturday, no one says we’ve got two games this week!

Managers love to trot this one out, and not only are they wrong, they often fail to point out that the opposition also face "3" games in the same week. SO annoying.

Edited by AppyDAZE