IGNORED

FBC Pod: WIGAN [A] reviewed: unbeaten run extended to 2 games, everything's fine isn't it?

headhunter

This is the link to hear us record the pod live at 10.00 today: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=Kp9EatYAfpw [link to recording later in thread]

Andi Weimann's 4th goal in four was the only bright spot in the blistering heat of the DW Stadium as City put in an all too familiar type of display as they had to settle for a point.

I find myself conflicted as before the game I would have taken a point but it was aspects of the performance that sees me take the view that we are in for a long hard season.

Why do we run out of puff with annoying regularity?

What of Alex Scott? Played better at RWB than he appears to be doing in his favoured midfield.

A fit Joe Williams but is he all that and perhaps the same applies to Kal Naismith?

JD attacking threat? don't think so.

There are some positives - Sykes looks a decent signing, Tommy Conway is doing fine and even Zak Vyner is doing OK in so far as he is no worse than those alongside him.

And what of Nigel Pearson? Easy to jump on the beating with a stick bandwagon but he doesn't help himself does he? Seems unable / unwilling to change tactics mid-game and displays an unbelievable level of loyalty to Chris Martin who was AWOL for most of the time yesterday. He took off our youngest two players yesterday but still our target man who's 34 in November does a full 90 mins and you just know he'll be selected Tuesday night vs. Luton.

I'm worried so if you've read this far join us on the recording and tell me why I shouldn't be and face off against Ian "the *ock" Gay

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why should it be a face off against Ian Gay, it’s your show / pod Dave, not his.

Working today unfortunately Dave, and then off to Greece for 10 days on Weds (So won't be on the Weds podcast)

Big game against Luton on Tuesday now.

• Like 1

A recording of this morning's live podcast: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/unbeaten-in-2-but-an-unwanted-consistency-in-how-we-re-playing/

Usual knee jerk stuff from Ian, Mark & DaveP! ?

Ian reveals from a source that he says "has been reliable 70% of the time" that there's an incoming bid for Weimann which might prove difficult to turn down.

We said in season reviews & previews that this Weimann interest could materialise and the way he's started this campaign as he finished last will not have gone unnoticed by possible suitors. Yes, he loves this club but any move could see at least a doubling of his wages and the chance of hefty signing on fee that might prove too difficult to resist. There would be uproar if it happened!

I'm sorry to say Scott's performances are not going to secure him a big money move and despite press comment that Palace want Semenyo for £12M will they sign him now now as he recovers from injury or wait until January - Dicks signed John Galley in 1967 when he was on crutches with his ankle in plaster

@headhunter listened for 15 mins and then switched off. The show can be good but with just the three of you it sounds like three grumpy old men down the pub having a moan. You need a more balanced less emotional voice round the table to enable better discussion and debate.

The small bit I heard re Pearson and has he run out of ideas. No, not after 3 league games and a cup match… Suggesting Vyner in midfield is laughable, especially if I quote Ian’s favourite saying “square pegs, round holes”

Feels like NP/RG are sorting the club out behind the scenes but need to translate improvement into the first team whilst reducing the playing budget and using the Academy to bridge gaps in the team. I do agree we are tactically naive at times, but surely that’s we have coaches to provide input.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, headhunter said:

A recording of this morning's live podcast: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/unbeaten-in-2-but-an-unwanted-consistency-in-how-we-re-playing/

Usual knee jerk stuff from Ian, Mark & DaveP! ?

Ian reveals from a source that he says "has been reliable 70% of the time" that there's an incoming bid for Weimann which might prove difficult to turn down.

We said in season reviews & previews that this Weimann interest could materialise and the way he's started this campaign as he finished last will not have gone unnoticed by possible suitors. Yes, he loves this club but any move could see at least a doubling of his wages and the chance of hefty signing on fee that might prove too difficult to resist. There would be uproar if it happened!

I'm sorry to say Scott's performances are not going to secure him a big money move and despite press comment that Palace want Semenyo for £12M will they sign him now now as he recovers from injury or wait until January - Dicks signed John Galley in 1967 when he was on crutches with his ankle in plaster

You do realise that Scott has played the entire summer with virtually no break?

I doubt very much that any other of the England side that won the cup have been asked to play 4 games already since then.

I was fully expecting him to have barely featured by now, but because James is unavailable & we are still cautious with Williams, plus HNM’s tonsillitis, the still 18 year old (!) has already racked up nearly 50 games for us.

But because he is finding it an understandable struggle you think he won’t attract a big money move.

Absolutely no context at all.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

FBC becoming more and more the Ian Gay propaganda machine! ??‍♂️

Help me out here, Dave?

8 defenders, 4 midfielders?

Simpson, Baker, Atkinson, Tanner, Klose, Wilson & Naismith? Who is the 8th?

4 midfielders, James, King & Sykes, who is the 4th?

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Help me out here, Dave?

Count re-signing Baker, and re-signing Weimann as a midfielder? Seems tenuous to me but could that be it?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Count re-signing Baker, and re-signing Weimann as a midfielder? Seems tenuous to me but could that be it?

I had already included Baker (fair enough) but that’s still 7.

I reckon it’s Idehen, a free transfer.

Just pathetic, but standard.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

I had already included Baker (fair enough) but that’s still 7.

I reckon it’s Idehen, a free transfer.

Just pathetic, but standard.

Ha so you had included Baker. In which case you should include Weimann...I guess as a midfielder? I agree it's an odd comment in the tweet though.

20 minutes ago, daored said:

@headhunterwhat is the official club podcast that you mentioned today? I’m only aware of 3Peaps, OSIB and yourselves - wasn’t aware of a fourth one 

It’s a not so subtle dig at 3 Peaps, which does appear to have close ties to the club.

I just find it odd as they know the 3 peaps guys listen to their pod, and the 3 peaps guys do make reference to FBC occasionally, never in a derogatory manner either.

I always thought FBC got a lot of unfair stick, yes they’re on the more negative side but that never really bothered me, it’s all about opinions but it seems to have come back this season with a bit of an attitude. Odd as it will drive listeners away

1 minute ago, super slick said:

It’s a not so subtle dig at 3 Peaps, which does appear to have close ties to the club.

I just find it odd as they know the 3 peaps guys listen to their pod, and the 3 peaps guys do make reference to FBC occasionally, never in a derogatory manner either.

I always thought FBC got a lot of unfair stick, yes they’re on the more negative side but that never really bothered me, it’s all about opinions but it seems to have come back this season with a bit of an attitude. Odd as it will drive listeners away

A little childish to have a dig at another pod @headhunterif the above is true 

5 minutes ago, super slick said:

It already has ! Not for me anymore. It’s reactionary, self-righteous, egocentric rubbish by 2 blokes who failed to make it in media and have jumped on the band wagon of podcasts. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Help me out here, Dave?

Baker and Weimann weren’t new signings, neither actually went out of contract. Both sighed before 30.06.21.

Is he counting Duncan Idehen?

Or Ewan Clark, Ben Acey or Tim Ap Sion?

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

Still a good listen imo, it's not healthy if you can't listen to people you disagree with for different angles.

Just sort Mark's mic out though please as I can't hear a word he says

Still can't hear him? That's me giving it a miss this week then. Again

Edited by Coach

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Baker and Weimann weren’t new signings, neither actually went out of contract. Both sighed before 30.06.21.

Is he counting Duncan Idehen?

Or Ewan Clark, Ben Acey or Tim Ap Sion?

I guess the guy Tweeting is.

So, Simpson, Baker, Atkinson, Tanner, Klose, Idehen, Naismith & Wilson.

Weimann (?), James, King & Sykes.

The point doesn’t make any sense at all to me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FBC becoming more and more the Ian Gay propaganda machine! ??‍♂️

That’s why I stopped listening. I used to like Ian and gave him a pass because he was passionate. There was another bloke giving it loads about Pearson nine months ago or so as well, tit!

we are a crap club trying to make something out of free transfers, playboys on big wages and kids! 

Im as hurt by results as the next girl, but we are here because Mr Lansdown backed the muppet Johnson allowed the club to get into FFP issues and then, ably assisted by the dreadful Ashton, kept spending money and then appointed Holden, while having god knows how many ******* on big wages on the books. 

Weimann has been a revelation under Pearson as has Scott. We are moving forward and Pearson is pushing us. Despite the ire of utter *******!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Have a lovely time, Neil.

Will miss the Cardiff gane unfortunately Graham.

No doubt COD will have the game of his life. But like Paterson the year before, I still feel it was the right decision not to take up his option.

Both sides needed to move on from each other.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

Still a good listen imo, it's not healthy if you can't listen to people you disagree with for different angles.

Just sort Mark's mic out though please as I can't hear a word he says

Apologies, again for my technical issues. I forgot to mute the mic on my wireless earphones, which cut the handset mic. I'm hoping that this solves my volume problems in future.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 2