IGNORED

FBC Pod: WIGAN [A] reviewed: unbeaten run extended to 2 games, everything's fine isn't it?

headhunter

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies, again for my technical problems. I forgot to mute the mic on my wireless earphones, which cut the handset mic. I'm hoping that this solves my volume problems in future.

Just pretend you are in front of a few people and talk very loud AT them whilst shouting "let me finish" when someone else wants to talk.

Works for Ian.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies, again for my technical issues forgot to mute the mic on my wireless earphones, which cut the handset mic. I'm hoping that this solves my volume problems in future.

Why the need to mute…just sit there quietly until it’s time to talk. ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Why the need to mute…just sit there quietly until it’s time to talk. ??‍♂️

The new handset doesn't have a headset port, so I bought some Jabra earbuds, with mic, hoping they'd help solve my recent mic volume issues. Post podcast I read that unless the earbud mic is disabled, it nullifies the handset mic. If that doesn't work I'll just switch off Bluetooth and speak into the handset. 

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Will miss the Cardiff gane unfortunately Graham.

No doubt COD will have the game of his life. But like Paterson the year before, I still feel it was the right decision not to take up his option.

Both sides needed to move on from each other.

He’s started well & maybe this will finally be the season he starts over half of the games, but agree, best thing for all parties involved.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2022 at 10:58, Davefevs said:

Why should it be a face off against Ian Gay, it’s your show / pod Dave, not his.

This. 

@headhunter having been on the pod a few times before I actually like the format of it as such. You run it well Dave. I don’t mind the perceived negativity of it and I like the ‘say it as you see it’ type approach. After all the game is all about opinion’s, would be boring if we all had the same view wouldn’t it?

The main problem with the pod (other than sound) is the self entitled Ian Gay. I can actually relate to the occasional view of his but his delivery is just all wrong. The bloke just comes across so badly, rudely cutting over people as if his voice is the only one that matters, although it’s hilarious at times how someone can be so deluded.

Neil adds good balance, as does Mark in fairness. I like the passion on display at times. By the way what’s happened to Lezz?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I actually quite enjoy the pod. I don’t know anything about football so it’s interesting for me to listen and learn ??

The audio issues are really annoying though. Clicking, banging and crashing, echo, quiet, people being on mute (shouting can you hear me?!) It’s nearly on a par with The John Turner phone in! ? 

I don’t mind Ian, he can rant and rave as much as he wants, it is balanced with the other contributors. 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

17 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I actually quite enjoy the pod. I don’t know anything about football so it’s interesting for me to listen and learn ??

The audio issues are really annoying though. Clicking, banging and crashing, echo, quiet, people being on mute (shouting can you hear me?!) It’s nearly on a par with The John Turner phone in! ? 

I don’t mind Ian, he can rant and rave as much as he wants, it is balanced with the other contributors. 

Ian adds to the pod imo. Be boring without him and his outspoken views on basically everything ? 

If people have an issue with what someone says so much why don't they join the pod?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Ian adds to the pod imo. Be boring without him and his outspoken views on basically everything ? 

I actually agree (but he doesn’t need to be rude to others, talk over them, change the subject matter set by the host).  But his “facts” also need challenging too.  When he says things like “we have a squad of 37, or 21 injured players, then he should be asked to qualify that…because then you’ll find out he’s twisting facts or downright lying.

When i used to go on the pod, I’d prepare, have my squad lists, ages, etc ready to hand, so that I could call out his BS.

I had no problem with him or anyone else expressing a different opinion to me, but I used to get cheesed off by his negative statements without anything to back it up, or his ability to say one thing one week and something different the following, e.g. we had 48% possession, we won’t win unless we get more possession, then the week after we win (e.g. Cardiff) with 42%.  It’s a basic throwing out of stats without understanding / context. When asked why we can win with less possession, he couldn’t answer.

If people have an issue with what someone says so much why don't they join the pod?

As above.  I don’t have the time these days to go on straight after a game.

• Like 1