IGNORED

Forest v West Ham

Cov 77

Just watching the Forest game and thinking they have pulled off the perfect trick , somewhere get a very average bunch of players promoted and then buy a whole new team and could well stay up and push on 

Only 3 of the play off winners starting, and they have just signed Dennis and Kouyate as well , 14 so far , gambling I guess most of the Prem money but way to go ? 

I think I instinctively go the other way.

When I think of sides that have gone up and done well I think Brentford, Swansea and further back Ipswich and Reading. Settled, cohesive sides that could hit the ground running.

No doubt Forest needed new players with the amount of loanees, but to bring 15 in and mould into a cohesive unit during the season is a challenge. We’re not talking top players here either - we’re talking unproven.

I also think of Fulham when they went up and spent £100m and went straight back down.

Im not saying they’ll go down but I wouldn’t put money on them being safe, and if they do go down the strategy may see them having to do a total rebuild in the championship.

• Like 1

They relied on loans last season, so have been somewhat forced into buying a large quantity of players this summer. 

I've been impressed with the quality of their signings. Dennis and Kouyate signed last night. 

Maupay (Brighton) and Frueller (Atalanta) set to sign also. 

Linked to Aouar (Lyon) and Sow (Frankfurt) today, who are both central midfielders. 

They look very dangerous so far today, and could surprise a few this season. Their fans are well up for it as well. 

Think they could do with an extra Centre back and Left back though. 

Let's see where they land in May. They need 35 or so points as an absolute minimum. They've got 1 as it stands right now. So no reason to laud them too highly just yet.

Unless they've got some hefty relegation release/wage reduction clauses in these contracts then they will be in trouble when relegated. And they will be relegated, possibly not this season, but perhaps next or the one after that.

It's certainly not the way I hope we go about our first Premier League season when it comes. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Hmmm 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think I instinctively go the other way.

When I think of sides that have gone up and done well I think Brentford, Swansea and further back Ipswich and Reading. Settled, cohesive sides that could hit the ground running.

No doubt Forest needed new players with the amount of loanees, but to bring 15 in and mould into a cohesive unit during the season is a challenge. We’re not talking top players here either - we’re talking unproven.

I also think of Fulham when they went up and spent £100m and went straight back down.

Im not saying they’ll go down but I wouldn’t put money on them being safe, and if they do go down the strategy may see them having to do a total rebuild in the championship.

Fair points but albeit including the loans the Forest side that went up were nowhere near the Brentford and Swansea sides they you mention , Cooper did incredibly to get them up , we will see 

Signed far too many for my liking. While they do look brave I can’t help but think it looks a bit hectic and fragile. West Ham on the other hand look confident and composed and not overly bothered with Forest. 

I have forest coming back down having spent all that money. Probably means they’ll yoyo for a bit.

Not a fan of their transfer window approach. Like the signings like O’Brian and Toffolo who will know the leagues. All the other ones seem far too random. Some from Germany some from France some from championship some from big prem sides. 16-17 by the end of the window? They had a need but a full squad? Reminds me of our business under Johnson and Ashton

Edited by JoeAman08

Absolutely nothing dodgy whatsoever about Forest’s owner, is there?

Those charges of drug trafficking & match fixing in Greece, that bombing of a referee’s’ business, all just unfortunate.

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

He really is an ugly f’ker though, isn’t he?

Very.

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I reckon they will stay up, quite easily actually. I rate Steve cooper and their home support will see them get a few points at home. I know their transfers this summer look a bit random but it’s certainly brave

Who do you see going down?