IGNORED

Extra 50p postage

Redandproud

12 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Can anyone explain why the club are charging £.1.50 now for postage, the cost of postage hasn't gone up so why,or is this the club just making money from the fans again, reason I'm asking I've tried to pay for a membership card online 

Is it just postage or postage and packing???

14 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Can anyone explain why the club are charging £.1.50 now for postage, the cost of postage hasn't gone up so why,or is this the club just making money from the fans again, reason I'm asking I've tried to pay for a membership card online 

@Olé asked similar in the fans liaison forum section recently.

48 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

It's probably to fill the cost of the extravagant season card packaging.

1 hour ago, Red-Al said:

Do you believe that someone putting something in an envelope and addressing it to you, then royal mail collecting it, going through its sorting centre, then giving to someone that delivers it to your address, by hand, is not worth £1.50?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

Do you believe that someone putting something in an envelope and addressing it to you, then royal mail collecting it, going through its sorting centre, then giving to someone that delivers it to your address, by hand, is not worth £1.50?

It may well be, but surely that is not the point.

It is the price of the postage stamp that pays for Royal Mail’s input and, if that has not increased, where is the justification for a 50% increase?

35 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It may well be, but surely that is not the point.

It is the price of the postage stamp that pays for Royal Mail’s input and, if that has not increased, where is the justification for a 50% increase?

I would have a guess that it's is the:

Someone putting something in an envelope and addressing it to you part then.

wages are going up fast costs need to be passed on to the consumer.

Do you get an option? Could you pick it up yourself? 

1 hour ago, chucky said:

But the club are not the Royal mail, that's there business, not the club's,there is no need to add a extra 50p just for putting a card in an envelope,

I'll tell you what the 50p increase is NOT for:

- The cost of postage, which did increase in April but is 77p (City send tickets 1st class UNG via a business account, printing the barcode on the envelope):

image.thumb.png.4ce4f4e02aa6fa534d756e51d9ceddce.png

- The cost of booking which is covered by the £1 booking fee

- The cost of printing the ticket, the envelope or putting the ticket in the envelope which is also performed for people who collect tickets in person for free

- The cost of staff, for whom a person collecting in person will require 3-5 minutes of dedicated attention (£1 on a £25k salary), whereas posting is a fraction of the time as part of a bulk daily mail run

- The cost of Royal Mail picking up the post, as I'm pretty sure City do enough business with Royal Mail each year to get this for free (if not its £800 a year)

You'll have to make your own mind up what the 50p increase is actually for, probably a way to cover general administrative cost increases and yes, a bit more margin too.

Which raises the question why people who don't live locally and/or need to have tickets posted have to disproportionately subsidise City's entire ticketing administration.

The same could have been achieved by leaving postage at £1 (more than the cost of postage) and introducing a 50p collection fee (less than salary costs of collections).

• Like 1