IGNORED

for those who went to wigan,did you hear anything about this?

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Pleased to report i didn't hear a sexist chant from the City fans at Wigan. Long may it continue. 

The last time I can recall any sexist chanting at Ashton Gate was against Brighton, when the away fans were singing “one nil to the Nancy Boys”?

Along similar lines, no doubt some chanting on Sunday will be referred to as racist?

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

This abuse seems to have followed him around since he made his 'political / religious' views public.

Not condoning the abuse at all but this will unfortunately never go away until the day he retires and he must surely have expected it after his poppy refusal.   I believe his actions have even been questioned in Ireland given that 50000 Irish soldiers died in WW1 alone . He has every right to say how he feels and with him being a Derry boy , I do get it but surely he’s not so naïve that he didn’t expect his stance to have consequences? 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Not condoning the abuse at all but this will unfortunately never go away until the day he retires and he must surely have expected it after his poppy refusal.   I believe his actions have even been questioned in Ireland given that 50000 Irish soldiers died in WW1 alone . He has every right to say how he feels and with him being a Derry boy , I do get it but surely he’s not so naïve that he didn’t expect his stance to have consequences? 

You beat me too it. If you don’t know the background story with McClean and take this as an isolated incident it does look like  mindless sectarian abuse but unfortunately and imho McClean like you said has brought this upon himself.

The refusal to wear the poppy was and still is a disgrace and if he felt that strongly about it he shouldn’t play or live in England. He has been more than Happy to let English clubs pay him millions of pounds in wages over the years though hasn’t he - funny that..

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, bris red said:

You beat me too it. If you don’t know the background story with McClean and take this as an isolated incident it does look like  mindless sectarian abuse but unfortunately and imho McClean like you said has brought this upon himself.

The refusal to wear the poppy was and still is a disgrace and if he felt that strongly about it he shouldn’t play or live in England. He has been more than Happy to let English clubs pay him millions of pounds in wages over the years though hasn’t he - funny that..

Political correctness gone mad….