IGNORED

Luton Town home match day thread

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley
  Wilson. Klose. Atkinson. Pring
      Massengo. Naismith. Scott
      Sykes.  Conway. Weimann

That would be my team if James and Williams aren’t fit. Naismith has played defensive midfield before 

One thing we have improved is defending from set pieces. Think this team would struggle in that regard.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley
  Wilson. Klose. Atkinson. Pring
      Massengo. Naismith. Scott
      Sykes.  Conway. Weimann

That would be my team if James and Williams aren’t fit. Naismith has played defensive midfield before 

One thing we have improved is defending from set pieces. Think this team would struggle in that regard.

10 minutes ago, Tully Bascomb said:

If the rain keeps up and the rain keeps coming off the roof like that, H & S will call it off.

I think I can count on the fingers of one hand in the last 40 years a match has been called off for rain.

Edited by pillred
Spelling
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think I can count on the fingers of one hand in the last 40 years a match has been called off for rain.

Watford at home around xmas years ago. I seem to remember being in the ground when we heard it was off. Notts County one night match going way back, abandoned. Or was that an afternoon?

Edited by AppyDAZE
3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Watford at home around xmas years ago. I seem to remember being in the ground when we heard it was off. Notts County one night match going way back, abandoned. Or was that an afternoon?

Boxing Day, was well annoyed. Sat in the Atyeo. There was a game called off in January one year because of a frozen pitch. I was in North St in a cafe and luckily heard that it had been postponed 

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Watford was called off just before kick-off - it was bloody torrential mind. They played a weakened side in the rearranged game as we were so bad and we beat them 2-0.

The County game was called off at HT with the score 1-0 to them IIRC. What I do remember though is that their goal was scored by Paul Heffernan.

• Like 2