IGNORED

Luton Town home match day thread

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley
  Wilson. Klose. Atkinson. Pring
      Massengo. Naismith. Scott
      Sykes.  Conway. Weimann

That would be my team if James and Williams aren’t fit. Naismith has played defensive midfield before 

That is getting close to what I would go for. I feel nasmith would be better sat in front of defence  ,he is not quick and gets caught out with ball over top. He is a great passer and could win headers like pack could in deep midfield.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Wells and Massengo in for Martin and Williams

A very lightweight midfield that's for sure but glad Martin is being rested 

True, but I expect Weimann will drop into midfield at times to help out as he did in the League Cup game. Also he'll cover Sykes as he advances. Deeper, more tactical role for Andi in this line up. He's good at it though.

7 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Very attacking line up. Let's hope some of them get back and help out the defence. I am going high scoring draw....

1 recognised midfielder - Massengo Is far to light at this level.

Will need to score at least 2 again to take 3 points - team does look attacking enough.

Why Williams, Pring and Wilson not playing I just don’t get.

Scott looks one attacking player to many.

Nige sees them in training so his call but for me 3 better players are sat on the bench and we look open to being hit on the break.

How we set up will be key.

Teams look better to play on the break so will be very imprtant we don’t lose the ball in midfield.

5 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Will need to score at least 2 again to take 3 points - team does look attacking enough.

Nige sees them in training so his call but for me 3 better players are sat on the bench and we look open to being hit on the break.

Teams look better to play on the break so will be very imprtant we don’t lose the ball in midfield.

Pretty obvious why Williams isn't playing I would have thought. Wilson did have injury preseason so probably not quite there yet

10 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Better to have 1 recognised midfielder than none. We only have five available.