IGNORED

Luton Town home match day thread

An excellent win. Much improved attitude, confidence and commitment throughout. Team looking unbelievably united and up for it.

The red card, I want to see again - it looked a robust challenge but....

I think the ref has inadvertently done us a huge favour there.

20 mins to survive with 10 men will give this squad a huge boost after the first two games and will hopefully kick start our season.

• Like 1

Well done boys. That was much much better. Pace, pressing , togetherness, fight, and forward thinking.

Was critical of the midfield duo as a starter, but Scott and Massengo were incredible. Massengo, why can't you play like that all the time? My motm. No doubt inspired by Naismith and Bents.

Would I play those two against Cardiff though?? Not sure!! 

Dasilva and Sykes played with a new found confidence, its a shame we won't have sykes now for a few games, so let's see what Wilson can do.

A special mention has to go to Vyner who gets his fair share of criticism, but he was immense tonight.

Conway and Wells, everywhere, wow what an option to have! It was great to see them pressing and pacey closing down.

The whole team got the crowd going, love to see it. Fight for that shirt.

And a clean sheet! Well done boys, the season has officially started...!

Bring on the scum.

Edited by Lordofthebling
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

City have been fantastic tonight.

defending has been solid, we’ve passed the ball well and quickly when needed. At one point we held possession for what just have been 30 passes? Felt like a good couple of minutes.

Reaction to the red has been perfect, we’ve kept our heads. Pearson made the right changes and shored us up.

Alex Scott is special, enjoy him while we’ve got him because he won’t be here next season at this rate.

and to top it off an incredible reaction save from Bentley there!

• Like 4