IGNORED

Luton Town home match day thread

First game in ages when both halfs were good. I can't find a man of the match because the team worked well like the all 11 players were just ONE. I kinda liked the start of the second half, the passing and the confidence of build up play. You could see Dasilva can dribble if the game is positive and the players are relaxed. You could see Massengo looking very nice in my opinion because the pressure was off.

It is all about the mental state of the players. A lot of the players in this team can improve ( young lads ) but they can play better also with their curent level. Nigel has to find some way to keep the motivated, calm and to have faith in their forces as individuals, and from there as a Complete Team.

Vyner i can't say that I liked him. The team had a lot of nice pressing and he had an easier game but I still miss Kalas to replace him. I don't see Vyner as a starting player.

GG City !

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

First league win, in difficult conditions: good job, Robins! :worship2:

Hopefully we'll build on this performance. Glad to see Conway progress, especially with the risk of losing Antoine.

That being said, we have had referees against us in 3 games out of 4: I hope that things will change, or our percentage of stress will probably be much higher than the number of wins...

Really enjoyed that. We played some lovely football at times and defended the last 20 comfortably in the circumstances. We kept the ball better for the most part and as a result we weren’t blowing out of our arsed at the end. Naismith looked like the player we think we’ve got, Vyner and Atkinson did their jobs and I really like Wells and Conway as a pairing.

Great evening.

• Like 5

We were good tonight.

Loved the pace and guile of TC and Nahki, and Naismith, Atkinson and Vyner were a proper unit. 8/10’s all over the pitch.

The sending off was an orange card in my view and could have gone either way, but with predictable refs in this league he was always going to walk him. Shame as theres a lot to like about Sykes.

Proper win that. Looked like they were together and desperate for it.

Oh and a moment I particularly loved was Scotty ditching someone with a lovely sliding tackle, megging the next clown and then narrowly getting his pass wrong. I think he forgot Martin had replaced Conway and was never getting there!

You Redssssssss.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 2

Not often you see any team when every player plays well, great to see. Looked really dangerous going forward and think the two changes from the weekend were key in supporting that - aka more pace/energy. Both Conway and Wells make great runs and their runs are a lot more complementary than most other combinations we’ve had over the years. General togetherness brilliant across the team. Has Zak turned a corner with Naismith barking at him (and everyone else) constantly? Has looked solid for a few games now. 8/10 minimums I reckon for the starting XI, could move Sykes down for being sent off, but played really well and not sure would have been sent off it wasn’t for the Freeman instigated brouhaha. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Really enjoyed that. We played some lovely football at times and defended the last 20 comfortably in the circumstances. We kept the ball better for the most part and as a result we weren’t blowing out of our arsed at the end. Naismith looked like the player we think we’ve got, Vyner and Atkinson did their jobs and I really like Wells and Conway as a pairing.

Great evening.

Agree with all of this, very much liked the tempo we played at too, not harem scarem, but controlled pace with a really effective press. Maybe the cooler weather allows us to play like that…

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Paulton Red said:

Only thing that worries me about tonight…Weiman didn’t score, maybe it’s time to sell him, he’s clearly past it ?

He must have just "run around a lot" tonight then!

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

What a performance tonight. That’s the Bristol City we can be. Massengo, Scott, Sykes And Dasilva dictating play through the midfield, forward line with pace, mobility, movement and great combinations, and solid at the back led by an outstanding Naismith and ably supported by Atkinson and Vyner who were both excellent.  Shame about the sending off which looked a bit harsh to me, but stayed solid after that which was nearly as pleasing as our dominance in the first half.  Don’t want to get too excited, but hopefully that can spur us on for another performance at the weekend and beyond. 

• Like 3