IGNORED

Luton Town home match day thread

22 minutes ago, Mihai said:

First game in ages when both halfs were good. I can't find a man of the match because the team worked well like the all 11 players were just ONE. I kinda liked the start of the second half, the passing and the confidence of build up play. You could see Dasilva can dribble if the game is positive and the players are relaxed. You could see Massengo looking very nice in my opinion because the pressure was off.

It is all about the mental state of the players. A lot of the players in this team can improve ( young lads ) but they can play better also with their curent level. Nigel has to find some way to keep the motivated, calm and to have faith in their forces as individuals, and from there as a Complete Team.

Vyner i can't say that I liked him. The team had a lot of nice pressing and he had an easier game but I still miss Kalas to replace him. I don't see Vyner as a starting player.

GG City !

Top post but have to slightly disagree with the Vyner comment. I’m not his biggest fan but thought he was excellent tonight in a solid defensive performance.

Apart from that thought, you’ve got it spot on!

• Like 4
Just now, SouthS22 said:

What a performance tonight. That’s the Bristol City we can be. Massengo, Scott, Sykes And Dasilva dictating play through the midfield, forward line with pace, mobility, movement and great combinations, and solid at the back led by an outstanding Naismith and ably supported by Atkinson and Vyner who were both excellent.  Shame about the sending off which looked a bit harsh to me, but stayed solid after that which was nearly as pleasing as our dominance in the first half.  Don’t want to get too excited, but hopefully that can spur us on for another performance at the weekend and beyond. 

Agreed - we obviously have some limitations, the squad is a bit thin etc. and there will be ups and downs. But what a difference to watch a team that is positive, committed and fighting for each other and the shirt. Fans responded as well. Feel like finally we have something like our team back

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I'd like to see Freeman's reaction again, don't think i've seen that replayed.

He just chested Sykes in the back. Never a red for Freeman. Sykes got sent off because the ref saw him get caught/held back when tackled and looked like he went in angrily/out of control.

I think the ref got all the decision correct. Sykes was just about a red, Freeman was a yellow and I don't think Atkinson was a penalty although I didn't really see a great angle of it.

I actually thought the ref gave us many 50/50 decisions where our players just fell over with minimal contact if any.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, grifty said:

He just chested Sykes in the back. Never a red for Freeman. Sykes got sent off because the ref saw him get caught/held back when tackled and looked like he went in angrily/out of control.

I think the ref got all the decision correct. Sykes was just about a red, Freeman was a yellow and I don't think Atkinson was a penalty although I didn't really see a great angle of it.

I actually thought the ref gave us many 50/50 decisions where our players just fell over with minimal contact if any.

You might be right but I would say that studs weren't up, feet weren't off the ground and it wasn't what I call reckless. 

I think the one thing we should mention  and I know it's a cliche  fine margins, tonight the one touch football generally paid off. To be fair we have approached other games the same way  but the accuracy and control has not been quite there  once a few players make the correct pass up the confidence levels go. That is all we have really been missing this season.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, grifty said:

I agree the Freeman was a bit lucky, he still gave him a strong push, hands or not

Edited by steveybadger
2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Free kick being correctly given to us first of all would have saved all the fuss

Sykes was a bit unlucky but I can see why it's a red

Freeman very clever to be extremely agressive without raising a hand or foot

Don't really see how one goes and not the other mind

Edited by cidercity1987
18 minutes ago, grifty said:

I’ve seen it several times. It was a clear penalty. 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Great fun fast game. The difference in pace in our play when martin isn't involved is incredible. 

The extra fluidity and movement we had without Martin, gave us not only better attacking options but also the ability to fully press Luton across the pitch. Hopefully NP will see that and keep Martin on the bench to start games. Martin did a decent job when he came on fresh.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

The extra fluidity and movement we had without Martin, gave us not only better attacking options but also the ability to fully press Luton across the pitch. Hopefully NP will see that and keep Martin on the bench to start games. Martin did a decent job when he came on fresh.

I agree to an extent, but its very much dependant on the opposition players as well. I have seen Nahki, Andi and Antoine be completely anonymous against defenders Martin has bullied.its too over simplistic, that said I do think sometimes Martin should have been dropped against certain teams in favour of the more mobile option.

• Like 2