IGNORED

Parking

burhou

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Portway P&R opens much later. Drops off by the KFC.  Return bus (AG1) departs from outside of The Robins. You’ll be straight onto the M5 afterwards too. 

that’s the one i’m using, leaving in 10 mins, also easy access from taunton!

18 minutes ago, burhou said:

HI, coming up from Taunton for tonight's match. Usually use the park and ride but see it now shuts at 21:30.What is the score for parking in the John Lloyd centre. I guess it is pay but how much and is it open to the general public. Thank you.

Not sure where you got them from... 22.20 ish as always I thought .....David Lloyd members only I would anticipate ...though I'm not 100 per cent sure here ..

Looking online seems the PortwayP&R also shuts at 21.30.Anyone know if you can come off the Cumberland basin system just before the swing bridge and get to the SS Great Britain car park.It seems to have been closed off for a long while and you have to go into Bristol then back down the river to access it.Thanks.

Edited by burhou

You could park in the Clifton / Hotwells  parking zone as restrictions finish at 7.00pm. If you get there a bit before 7.00 you could take a chance on the basis that there won’t be many wardens about in the rain. (Don’t blame me if you get a ticket) 

I try get to the ground 90 mins before ko and have always found somewhere to park on surrounding roads by driving away from the ground in bigger and bigger circles until I find somewhere.  Never had more than 15 mins walk.

It's getting more difficult as time goes on and much easier of course if you drive a smaller car.  I see a few people who can't park their estates and Chelsea Tractors, but I've always found somewhere.

43 minutes ago, burhou said:

Looking online seems the PortwayP&R also shuts at 21.30.Anyone know if you can come off the Cumberland basin system just before the swing bridge and get to the SS Great Britain car park.It seems to have been closed off for a long while and you have to go into Bristol then back down the river to access it.Thanks.

ag1.pnghttps://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/match-preview-luton-town-h/

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all your replies. Went down to LA park and ride and parked on the grass outside no problems. People were going into the park and ride as the sign outside said closes at 22:20 which contradicts their website which states 21:30.Parking in Ashton Court for Sundays match as only £1.20 I think. Nice walk to ground as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, burhou said:

I spoke to an AG1 bus driver after the match last night. He said that the last bus from the Robins back to the Portway P&R departs, for evening matches, at 11pm and that the P&R gates would thus be open until at least 11:30pm. This is the regular arrangement - typically AG1 runs for nearly two hours after the final whistle for ALL afternoon and evening matches.

All AG1 drivers have an information sheet detailing last bus times. 

• Like 2

I see the car park at the bottom of Rownham hill next to the Bedminster cricket club have raised their prices yet again to £15 to park on match days so be warned, personally they have finally made me actually use the bus as only 3 seasons ago it was £5 so that's a 300% increase, the term greedy B****rds come to mind, shame a boycott can't be arranged as I think they are now taking the p*ss that's £5 an hour it's cheaper to park in the west end of London.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, pillred said:

I see the car park at the bottom of Rownham hill next to the Bedminster cricket club have raised their prices yet again to £15 to park on match days so be warned, personally they have finally made me actually use the bus as only 3 seasons ago it was £5 so that's a 300% increase, the term greedy B****rds come to mind, shame a boycott can't be arranged as I think they are now taking the p*ss that's £5 an hour it's cheaper to park in the west end of London.

Have they!!! Blimey! I stopped parking there when it went to £10! Imagine we actually ever got to the premier league and sold out every game! Would be carnage. Dunno it true but I read somewhere they charged £50 for killers concert 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Have they!!! Blimey! I stopped parking there when it went to £10! Imagine we actually ever got to the premier league and sold out every game! Would be carnage. Dunno it true but I read somewhere they charged £50 for killers concert 

A direct result of

The pandemic, and the Russian Invasion of Ukraine ......

And Brexit........

?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

They did, unfortunately thanks to not being able to park anywhere near the ground they have a monopoly I'm hoping people pay it once and when they find out how much it is find other ways to get to the ground and they end up killing the Goose that laid the golden egg.

10 hours ago, burhou said:

Thanks for all your replies. Went down to LA park and ride and parked on the grass outside no problems. People were going into the park and ride as the sign outside said closes at 22:20 which contradicts their website which states 21:30.Parking in Ashton Court for Sundays match as only £1.20 I think. Nice walk to ground as well.

There’s a lot parking in the LA P&R now and outside it. It’s a 10-15 minute walk to the ground.  Not sure if it’s open on Sundays. Definitely not on Bank Holidays. 
The only problem with parking at Ashton Court is that the one way system takes you the wrong way on leaving forcing you towards Bristol on Cumberland Basin or the carnage at Bower Ashton roundabout. 

Edited by redapple

12 hours ago, redapple said:

There’s a lot parking in the LA P&R now and outside it. It’s a 10-15 minute walk to the ground.  Not sure if it’s open on Sundays. Definitely not on Bank Holidays. 
The only problem with parking at Ashton Court is that the one way system takes you the wrong way on leaving forcing you towards Bristol on Cumberland Basin or the carnage at Bower Ashton roundabout. 

It is actually okay in Aston Court as we go out past the cricket ground then turn left past the park and run down to the Clevedon road and onto the motorway homewards. Only inconvenience is sometime having to practice your hill starts going up the steep hill.

18 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

A direct result of

The pandemic, and the Russian Invasion of Ukraine ......

And Brexit........

?

I still can’t I get over calling companies and getting a message saying: due to covid 19 pandemic our wait times……..?

IMO Everyone is taking the piss in this country after the pando.

£15 for match parking is a joke, any more and it would be worth taking a chance on park closer & risking a PCN

• Like 3