IGNORED

Turning point?

HappyClapper

Felt like a huge night to me. Not only the way we pressed and moved the ball, but the resolute defending and the way we stood together. Also a connection with the crowd who enjoyed the boys giving it everything.

Even the sending off may have helped as it really helped to foster that togetherness.

Lots of fantastic performances.

A brave selection that some ripped into before the game. Well done NP. Really looking forward to Sunday. COYR.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Really think the switch to TC and Wells made a huge difference. 

Don’t have to sugar coat it. Made a massive difference not only on the pitch but with the fans. The extra pace in behind. The constant running off the cbs. The energy pressing quickly and not having to cover for anyone. Something I think many people have been wanting. Luton is not an easy side to out work but it is exactly what happened. No question it started from the front

• Like 2

Important not to over react to a defeat or to a win.

It was Luton at home. It was an important win. What was more encouraging than the actual score, welcome as it was, was the nature of the performance. Progressive. Playing with some real purpose. 

Said it after first two games, let’s see where we are after ten matches. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What has the bloke done?

Turned Weimann  into one of the best strikers in the devision for starters. Apparently he’s quite sought after and worth a lot more than he was a year ago.

A win on the weekend and the mood around Ashton gate will be the best it has been for years. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Important not to over react to a defeat or to a win.

It was Luton at home. It was an important win. What was more encouraging than the actual score, welcome as it was, was the nature of the performance. Progressive. Playing with some real purpose. 

Said it after first two games, let’s see where we are after ten matches. 

Worth remembering that Luton got a draw at AG last season and beat us at there place, besides getting in the play offs. 

Beating Luton is progress.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Turned Weimann  into one of the best strikers in the devision for starters. Apparently he’s quite sought after and worth a lot more than he was a year ago.

A win on the weekend and the mood around Ashton gate will be the best it has been for years. 

Also brought through Scott, Semenyo and Conway. Reduced a bloated overpaid squad with minimal funds to recruit. Unfortunately some people are so blinkered. Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch, what did the Romans ever do for us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

For me the big thing I noticed tonight was the team as a unit. High fives when blocks were made, lots of communication. Passing players on clearly. We’ve looked disjointed in the past like players have never met each other before but tonight was the first time in ages I’ve thought we have a proper team on the pitch. 
It was epitomised by Naismith giving Scott a real rocket for losing it in midfield which led to a chance and then giving him a little cuddle and pep talk to get him to go again.

There is a decent young team who could spring a few surprises this season if we get a bit of luck. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

Worth remembering that Luton got a draw at AG last season and beat us at there place, besides getting in the play offs. 

Beating Luton is progress.

O for sure! Type of team we have traditionally struggled against. Really pleased with the result but delighted with the performance.

13 minutes ago, swanker said:

Tbf it was Holden who first played him deeper which was working v well until he got he serious injury.

11 minutes ago, swanker said:

I think Andi Weimann has been brilliant for BCFC since he signed for us. The fact that he scoring so regularly is fantastic but is this down to NP? Why not mention Scott and Semenyo .... (also signed by Lee Johnson)

Yes a win on the weekend will help the mood but please remember that NP has created a record of the longest lack of back to back wins..... and the longest ever lack of home wins so after a year and a half of poor results we get quite excited with a win.

So - a great night and a good win but over the top reactions like yours invariably perpetuate the over the top reactions that we've seen after two losses and a draw.

Nige has done nothing in the league so far so I dont get your "turning point" comment.

Another 3 losses and ...meltdown relegation .... another 3 wins and we've won the league. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Also brought through Scott, Semenyo and Conway. Reduced a bloated overpaid squad with minimal funds to recruit. Unfortunately some people are so blinkered. Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch, what did the Romans ever do for us.

I think there are more bumps in the road to come and a lot of wheeling and dealing required if those OOC at end of next season want to move on

Many managers of this level , and their egos , wouldn’t want to touch us atm , and certainly not when Pearson accepted the gig, worried that poor or mixed results would damage their reputation

Not once has he whined about the restrictions , in fact he pointed out he knew what the situation was when he accepted 

I think he’s enjoying the challenge , and helping develop some of the young players 

if our previous two managers had kept a sensible and steady ship , including financially , imagine how good things would look with Semenyo , Scott and Conway bursting through

• Like 3