IGNORED

Fans tonight

CiderHeadDan

Admittedly only watched from Robins TV tonight, but the fans came across so well through the screen. 

It shows it’s a doubled edged sword, if the players put the performance in, then it will be rewarded by fans who pay their hard earned money to see the lads. Great effort all around!

Edited by CiderHeadDan
Please remove or merge to chat. Sorry mods second time tonight I’ve made you work, must be the ciders after winning
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was going to say this. Obviously, an early goal and excellent performance buoyed us, but I think the fans were excellent - noisy even in "quiet" sections of the ground - and still singing and urging us on nearer the end when we were under the cosh. 

It was lovely to hear.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

what was the gate ?

I don’t know if we’ll ever know the real attendance but I’d be surprised if it was half full, though I can’t see the higher Lansdown from the lower. Great atmosphere though.

I’m trying to remember two consecutive games with such a difference in attendance from the Sunderland game to tonight.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I don’t know if we’ll ever know the real attendance but I’d be surprised if it was half full, though I can’t see the higher Lansdown from the lower. Great atmosphere though.

I’m trying to remember two consecutive games with such a difference in attendance from the Sunderland game to tonight.

I'm pretty sure after having a gate of 25,000 v Liverpool in the cup, our next home gate was less than 8,000 for a League game.

8 hours ago, CiderHeadDan said:

Admittedly only watched from Robins TV tonight, but the fans came across so well through the screen. 

It shows it’s a doubled edged sword, if the players put the performance in, then it will be rewarded by fans who pay their hard earned money to see the lads. Great effort all around!

I agree for the most part, considering the crowd we did make some decent noise. Slightly let down by the muppets in S82 trying to start the "you must be shit we're winning at home" chant going into the final 10 minutes. Just why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm pretty sure after having a gate of 25,000 v Liverpool in the cup, our next home gate was less than 8,000 for a League game.

Oh yeah, that would have been a huge difference if it was that low, I can remember the 2 games but not the following league game. 

I was thinking league games though for fairness.

The Dolman, South stand and lower Lansdown had loads of empty seats, I presume the higher Lansdown was worse and the away end wasn’t even a fifth full. 

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Fair play to everyone for the noise tonight , reminds me of the 2-2 draw with Norwich when the ground was at its emptiest for a while yet the atmosphere was great .

Maybe when we're down to the "hard-core" it's easier to get an atmosphere going than at big matches with several thousand occasional or first-time attenders, who may not know the songs?  

:dunno:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was going to say this. Obviously, an early goal and excellent performance buoyed us, but I think the fans were excellent - noisy even in "quiet" sections of the ground - and still singing and urging us on nearer the end when we were under the cosh. 

It was lovely to hear.

The atmosphere was terrific last night for for exactly the reason highlighted and took me back to days of LJ when there was a distinct lack of atmosphere that LJ complained about without considering why that was so…….it was definitely the uninspiring and dull football he served up.

Huge difference between then and last night.

2 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

17350 not that bad attendance seeing the deluge of rain between 6-7 and that’s a time a lot of people leave home so can make up peoples minds not to attend and watch on the stick 

There wasn't 17350 there though.

5 hours ago, P'head Red said:

I agree for the most part, considering the crowd we did make some decent noise. Slightly let down by the muppets in S82 trying to start the "you must be shit we're winning at home" chant going into the final 10 minutes. Just why?

It was a very muted effort though, you could probably hear me shouting at them to "shut the **** up" over that. :) 

• Like 1