IGNORED

Nige on SSN

Silvio Dante

He’s right as well. The standard is shocking . Four games in we should probably of had 4 penalties . How atkinsons wasn’t given tonight I don’t know. . The penalty v hull . The non sending off Saturday . If Sykes goes (was a poor tackle) then their bloke had to go as well . 
some say get var in but the incompetent tossers will just back up the on field refs & none of us would know because you can’t see it in the ground . 

• Like 2

I know deep down it’s not true but **** me I feel like we are being victimised this season. 3 out of 4 games we’ve had significant decisions go against us. 
Niges comments about walking away are probably said for impact but it would be amusing if he just said enough and walked the players off the pitch 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

Just now, Dredd said:

I know deep down it’s not true but **** me I feel like we are being victimised this season. 3 out of 4 games we’ve had significant decisions go against us. 
Niges comments about walking away are probably said for impact but it would be amusing if he just said enough and walked the players off the pitch 

Probability statistics is a complex field but perhaps we should contract a professional statistician to calculate the probability of us getting so few penalties over such a long period, present the findings and ask for a response?

Though referees can barely calculate added time so perhaps not.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

This is going to get a hell of a lot of attention.

He'll get a lot of support from clubs but get fined heavily from the old men in blazers - I hope he gets some financial support in that.

He's right, the standard of officiating is crap and he's also right - someone has to say it.

Its all very well that clubs get letters from the authorities saying the decisions from officials were wrong, but thats after the event and could cost people their job. I hate VAR, but the officiating is so ******* appalling, its the only way forward and the sooner the better.

Professional referees my arse.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Ohhhh that’s amazing. Absolutely love that, this season has already been astounding in terms of terrible decisions going against us. Refs can’t run from it now. You’re on show.

Well in Nige. 

That’s a very reasonable point. He’s called it, clear as he can (and in a measured way). Refs now will go one of two ways - either up their game and ref games well when we’re playing (not biased, just ref well for both sides) or they’ll give everything against us.

As the latters already happening, it’s worth the risk.

• Like 7

Something has changed. I never used to complain about penalty decisions until the past 3 seasons and now it consistently shows that we're getting the rough end. So that's 30 odd seasons where I felt it was about fair and now I see these replays almost every week that go against us and it doesn't make sense. 

Fair play Nige.

• Like 3

I'm with Nige generally, but was tonight's ref really that bad? I didn't think so. If one of your players decides to risk a red card by making a mad challenge, you can't stand there and say yeah but their bloke retaliated. I agree in general, but the wrong game to bring this up, for me. I didn't think tonight's ref was poor. All about opinions, I guess.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Despite my user name I an not Nige, been here longer than NP

The refs are becoming a really bad joke, it seems every game it is another major decision gone against us, then get a meaningless letter apologising we got it wrong, 

Sure NP has said it to draw attention to the state of officials and will no doubt get in trouble, but when you and your players have worked hard all week to have it snatched away by someone not doing a half competent job must be so depressing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s a very reasonable point. He’s called it, clear as he can (and in a measured way). Refs now will go one of two ways - either up their game and ref games well when we’re playing (not biased, just ref well for both sides) or they’ll give everything against us.

As the latters already happening, it’s worth the risk.

Exactly this. Plus, how poor would it look to their bosses if it seems they’re punishing us for Nige’s comments? And to EFL pundits etc? He’s taken away their anonymity. Feels like we’ve won twice tonight now.

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This is going to get a hell of a lot of attention.

He'll get a lot of support from clubs but get fined heavily from the old men in blazers - I hope he gets some financial support in that.

He's right, the standard of officiating is crap and he's also right - someone has to say it.

Its all very well that clubs get letters from the authorities saying the decisions from officials were wrong, but thats after the event and could cost people their job. I hate VAR, but the officiating is so ******* appalling, its the only way forward and the sooner the better.

Professional referees my arse.

I don’t see how var makes things better .the idiots at stockley park will just back up the clowns on the pitch ,like we see in the prem

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm with Nige generally, but was tonight's ref really that bad? I didn't tihnk so. If one of your players decides to risk a red card by making a mad challenge, you can't stand there and say but their bloke retaliated. I agree in general, but wrong game to bring this up, for me. Tonight's ref wasn't poor. All about opinions.

You are completely overlooking the blatant penalty for the two handed push in the back on Atkinson which was the other main frustration from tonight; yes the ref was ok on most decisions but big mistakes like this cannot and should not happen.

5 minutes ago, Meh said:

You are completely overlooking the blatant penalty for the two handed push in the back on Atkinson which was the other main frustration from tonight; yes the ref was ok on most decisions but big mistakes like this cannot and should not happen.

I'm not overlooking anything. I sit in the Dolman on the half-way line, I have a good view of it.

I agree we've had the crap from refs time and time again. I didn't think that was particularly the case tonight. Opinions.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t see how var makes things better .the idiots at stockley park will just back up the clowns on the pitch ,like we see in the prem

I don't disagree re the idiots.

The people operating VAR are referees - the lunatics are in charge of the asylum.

But at least its a second check on the clowns on the field using video and technology.