IGNORED

Nige on SSN

Silvio Dante

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Saying you think of quitting because of some reffing decisions!! Ha ha. What a load of tripe. 
Get a grip Nige. 

Ref was spot on last night. Sykes clear red. Freeman clear yellow. Atkinson no pen. 
I’m also in a minority that says the Hull penalty was a pen. 
I’d agree with the Wigan player deserving a red last week but that’s the only one that’s clearly and obviously gone against us. 
All our other penalty shouts this season are the type of ones that every team will also have had a shout for this season. 

Many of you are being incredibly one-eyed on this. Imagine if Lee Johnson had said this ?. You’d all be saying what a little cry baby he is! 

Interesting post cant help thinking you are fishing here especially as your minority saying it was a penalty at Hull doesnt include PGMOL. 

All that said.... whatever anyones opinion of the previous decisions Nige hasnt helped us here. Can you imagine the ref decisions getting better after his comments?

Edited by Citychuds

19 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

You lost me here. 

There was clear contact by Naismith on the players shin. This led to the player stumbling. Yes, he went down late, but there was clear contact and it was a foul. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Harry said:

There was clear contact by Naismith on the players shin. This led to the player stumbling. Yes, he went down late, but there was clear contact and it was a foul. 

Had he gone down straight away yes but he took a couple of steps then went over. It was a clear dive.

• Like 2

With the officials nige is right and not just that it effects his job a job of managing a team and getting results.. A couple of bad decisions effects his team and results and at the end of day he's gets it in the neck from us fans. The officials have been very poor(crap infact) they've been bad but not this bad.

22 minutes ago, Citychuds said:

All that said.... whatever anyones opinion of the previous decisions Nige hasnt helped us here. Can you imagine the ref decisions getting better after his comments?

What, you think they are now likely to punish us by not giving decisions in our favour?

Do you seriously think they are that unprofessional?

It shouldn't make a damn bit of difference and if it did then Nige is absolutely correct in what he said... 

I support him and his comments, standing up for his players and the club.

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Saying you think of quitting because of some reffing decisions!! Ha ha. What a load of tripe. 
Get a grip Nige. 

Ref was spot on last night. Sykes clear red. Freeman clear yellow. Atkinson no pen. 
I’d agree with the Wigan player deserving a red last week but that’s the only one that’s clearly and obviously gone against us. 
All our other penalty shouts this season are the type of ones that every team will also have had a shout for this season. 

Many of you are being incredibly one-eyed on this. Imagine if Lee Johnson had said this ?. You’d all be saying what a little cry baby he is! 

Largely agree with this. 

I also find it ironic that Nige talks about a desire to be like rugby and have refs miced up. Rugby also has a culture where by the ref will not tolerate any abuse from players or coaches, and decisions are respected even if they aren’t happy with them. 

1 hour ago, Logical-City said:

Can’t disagree with what they are saying tbh. Get VAR in the championship is the solution but then some will still complain about that (for petty reasons like slowing the game down)

Your not going to lose your job over refereeing decisions  

Graham Taylor would disagree!

Edited by RedEd73
  • Like 5

Just now, big dosser said:

i think nige is very clever in the way he has done this.  i feel he is correct but i also feel he has put the pressure on all refs making bad decisions against us and will make them think twice. Clever move  mr pearson

Did that ‘tactic’ work for Warnock? He slagged off the officials pretty much after every game he didn’t win and must paid thousands in fines.

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

What, you think they are now likely to punish us by not giving decisions in our favour?

Do you seriously think they are that unprofessional?

It shouldn't make a damn bit of difference and if it did then Nige is absolutely correct in what he said... 

I support him and his comments, standing up for his players and the club.

I agree with most of his comments the decisions are going against us, though saying he wants to quit is hardly sticking up for his club and players!!

Refs are human beings they arent super human they shouldnt act with emotion but they do, if there is a 50/50 decision do you honestly think someone slagging them on TV in the way he has isnt going to have an effect. Id say they are going to be very conscious of people saying 'you only gave them that decision because of what Pearson said'. This isnt about being unprofessional (despite that being exactly what everyone is saying) its about very high profile comments sticking in peoples heads. I agree with a lot of his comments, but as with comments he made last season about him getting the sack I believe he has made off the cuff emotional comments that arent professional

This is a Bristol City fan forum not a Nigel Pearson fan forum

Nige got ripped apart by Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan this morning.

Didn't really pick up on the moaning of refs, moreso the fact he said he'd walk away from the club - what message does that give fans, players and the club? 

Jordan was quick to recall the Sears ghost goal and said it 'happens to us all'.

Just as a few messages came in saying its been every game this season, not just one, they switched subject. 

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Get a grip Nige. 

Saying he thought about quitting is about getting this some air time imo, and was said for that reason alone.

Sykes clear red, after he was fouled initially and should have had a free kick. Lost his head and no excuses. Freeman should have had a red for violent conduct too, if retaliation is allowed now for a yellow, then all I hope it is consistent across the board - but we all know it won't be. Last night it looked from the replays that Atkinson was caught, but the camera was Lansdown side so cannot see the whole incident.

Hull - the Refs Association (or whatever it was) has said we should have had 2 pens (I thought one was a definite) and theirs wasn't a pen, add in the fact their players kicking lumps out of us with no cards in the first half. The officiating in that game alone was ridiculous.

All ifs and buts, but we should never had lost at Hull and I am pretty confident we would have beat a 10 man Wigan in those conditions. This is down to the Officials, and not just some fans having a moan at one thing they got wrong over the 4 games we have played.

1 minute ago, Lordofthebling said:

Didn't really pick up on the moaning of refs, moreso the fact he said he'd walk away from the club - what message does that give fans, players and the club? 

Jordan was quick to recall the Sears ghost goal and said it 'happens to us all'.

Just as a few messages came in saying its been every game this season, not just one, they switched subject. 

In fairness though neither understood why he made the comments. They said he waited until we won so he was on safe ground. So really it was opinion based on little knowledge. 

Jordan did make me laugh by saying it happens to us all etc...  he forgets he called us cheats and him and Warnock banged on about it for ages

13 hours ago, Gazred said:

Fair play Nige. Somebody needed to say it as he quite rightly said. 

1 hour ago, Logical-City said:

Can’t disagree with what they are saying tbh. Get VAR in the championship is the solution but then some will still complain about that (for petty reasons like slowing the game down)

Your not going to lose your job over refereeing decisions  

I don't see that as petty!

I only think VAR is a solution if they apply it properly. I think the game is better without it.

You might lose your job over refereeing decisions if at the end of the season you don't get enough points for playoffs/promotion - or you get relegated.

21 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I've watched the vid a few times today. 

And I'm still unsure of the point. 

Reminds me a bit of John Ward's interview before he went. 

The nuanced stuff was that Nigel admitted he was under pressure in role. 

He's being constrained about what he can say publicly (body language a dead giveaway) 

He's not happy still, presumably the 'modern football' comments tie up with previous stuff about mentality atmosphere and stuff. 

Honestly wouldn't be a shock to see him retire or leave of his own accord this season. 

Fwiw, the referee stuff is a clever way of getting fans obsessing over something else. I don't think it's an issue, and certainly not the hyperbole we see here either. 

Did you listen to the club channel interview? The nuanced view of that was that Nige was delighted with the way we played and enjoyed the performance...................if I sent a team of mine out playing some of the football we did last night I'd be trying to get supporters obsessing over that tbh not referees.

13 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Absolutely. Sykes was badly fouled by Freeman, which the ref completely missed, so Sykes took matters into his own hands with his two-footed lunge at Freeman in return. Then Freeman had a go at Sykes which started the whole melee out on the pitch. Sykes had to go but so did Freeman. And none of this would have happened if the ref had been any good and spotted the original foul on Sykes in the first place.

And if the referee was bad, the linesman in front of the Lansdown was even worse. Saw nothing all game, couldn’t keep up, and only gave one offside decision all game, which was against Martin and was wrong. Missed any number of offsides and infringements in the first half when Luton were attacking the South Stand. Stealing a living and getting to watch games into the bargain!

Perhaps that's the problem, watching the game instead of watching for the correct decision!

30 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Are there two more dislikable people in football than that odious pair? It’s their job to be contrarian and get people riled up, not worth taking them too seriously. It’s actually a shame cos SJ can be quite thoughtful about the game on occasion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Are there two more dislikable people in football than that odious pair? It’s their job to be contrarian and get people riled up, not worth taking them too seriously. It’s actually a shame cos SJ can be quite thoughtful about the game on occasion.

And people fall for it time and time again, Piers Morgan had made a great career out of it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I thought they changed the rules so that there has to be a consequence to touching the player

Falling over 5 steps later is not a consequence, its a dive

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Except that clubs were told that this season contact had to be significant and have genuine consequences.

In this case the contact was slight and the consequence was a player taking 2 steps then falling down.

So right from day one a referee reneged on the deal, as they usually do with the changes they announce (think the clampdown on holding in the area that is still never enforced, as per Rob Atkinson being dragged to the ground in the same game).

The subsequent apology proves the point but is no consolation, leads to no accountability and does  not change referees' behaviour.

Conspiracy, no. Continual incompetence, yes.

• Flames 1

Thought the timing of his comments pretty clearly aligned to an opportunity to make some, in my view entirely valid, points about the standards of officiating, at time where he couldn’t be accused of being a sore loser/using deflection tactics. His “thought about leaving” point seemed to aligned to trying to convince people he thinks it’s important, rather than anything more. 

Does last night’s ref think “I caused that” (the red) or just think he did a great job of dealing with the situation after it happened? For me it was the former, by not dealing with the initial foul on Sykes. Some of it may not the just down to the refs, eg have the FA/FL directed “chill with retaliation, it’s all good”? Appears possible after last two games. 

Overall glad he got his head above the parapet, even if he does get fined etc. 

As an aside, Hull, is the number of steps after being fouled unlimited before falling over? Could Andi W get brushed in the first minute and then fall over in the 90th and get a pen? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Simon Jordan has a dislike for the club so this doesn't surprise me and wasn't there a foul or an infringement for the Sears goal? I am sure I remember a flag going up? 

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Simon Jordan has a dislike for the club so this doesn't surprise me and wasn't there a foul or an infringement for the Sears goal? I am sure I remember a flag going up? 

You could see where he was coming from in fairness.