IGNORED

Nige on SSN

Silvio Dante

29 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Are there two more dislikable people in football than that odious pair? It’s their job to be contrarian and get people riled up, not worth taking them too seriously. It’s actually a shame cos SJ can be quite thoughtful about the game on occasion.

Yep, it's been TalkSport's business model for 20+ years and it seems to work for them. They'd have a presenter arguing that the moon is made of cheese if they thought it would generate calls and interaction.

• Like 6

Maybe Nige is fed up of working hard all week to be undone by poor decisions, maybe he is venting and reflects some of the players feelings. It seems to be 1 way traffic, decisions going against rather than for.

Hull, penalties now acknowledged they were wrong

Sunderland, not big decisions, but how often was Skyes being fouled and it ignored

Wigan, player kicks Williams and somehow a yellow, it was either I did not see it or a red

Luton penalty and again yellow for violent conduct

9 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Maybe Nige is fed up of working hard all week to be undone by poor decisions, maybe he is venting and reflects some of the players feelings. It seems to be 1 way traffic, decisions going against rather than for.

Hull, penalties now acknowledged they were wrong

Sunderland, not big decisions, but how often was Skyes being fouled and it ignored

Wigan, player kicks Williams and somehow a yellow, it was either I did not see it or a red

Luton penalty and again yellow for violent conduct

To be fair I'd be ******* seething.   

16 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Simon Jordan has a dislike for the club so this doesn't surprise me and wasn't there a foul or an infringement for the Sears goal? I am sure I remember a flag going up? 

It goes back to the Sears ghost goal at AG that wasn’t given. He and Warnock went ape during and after the game. He’s referred to it on Talk Sport this morning when discussing Nige comments on SSN yesterday.

Murphy reckoned that a Nige is a ‘whinger’…………….:cool2:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It goes back to the Sears ghost goal at AG that wasn’t given. He and Warnock went ape during and after the game. He’s referred to it on Talk Sport this morning when discussing Nige comments on SSN yesterday.

Yes I was sat in Williams on the day but was sure a flag went up to signal something that happened beforehand.

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

Nige got ripped apart by Danny Murphy and Simon Jordan this morning.

Didn't really pick up on the moaning of refs, moreso the fact he said he'd walk away from the club - what message does that give fans, players and the club? 

Jordan was quick to recall the Sears ghost goal and said it 'happens to us all'.

Just as a few messages came in saying its been every game this season, not just one, they switched subject. 

Muppet pundits with no actual knowledge of the matches we've been involved in this season protecting muppet refs with no actual knowledge of how to use their eyes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't see that as petty!

I only think VAR is a solution if they apply it properly. I think the game is better without it.

You might lose your job over refereeing decisions if at the end of the season you don't get enough points for playoffs/promotion - or you get relegated.

So VAR is the solution and I would argue it does not slow the game down nearly as much as some people who love to argue for a hobby would have you believe!

I think the suspense of a big VAR call is entertaining and adds to the game especially if you are on the right end of it and you know what else 99% of the time it’s accurate rather than 60 % as Pearson is upset with 

Edited by Logical-City

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No shit...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes I was sat in Williams on the day but was sure a flag went up to signal something that happened beforehand.

I was in the Dolman and Sears clearly scored but the ball hit the bar holding the back of the net down and bounced out. Palace were robbed! 
None of us could believe that goal wasn’t given. Warnock called GJ ‘a cheat’ because GJ refused to allow Palace a walk thru goal.

7 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

So VAR is the solution and I would argue it does not slow the game down nearly as much as some people who love to argue for a hobby would have you believe!

I think the suspense of a big VAR call is entertaining and adds to the game especially if you are on the right end of it and you know what else 99% of the time it’s accurate rather than 60 % as Pearson is upset with 

Oh, I don't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Robbored said:

I was in the Dolman and Sears clearly scored but the ball hit the bar holding the back of the net down and bounced out. Palace were robbed! 
None of us could believe that goal wasn’t given. Warnock called GJ ‘a cheat’ because GJ refused to allow Palace a walk thru goal.

Are you a bot?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Hmmm 1

49 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Simon Jordan has a dislike for the club so this doesn't surprise me and wasn't there a foul or an infringement for the Sears goal? I am sure I remember a flag going up? 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So a man who complained that his side got cheated by the refs is now pilliorying a man for complaining that his side got cheated by the refs?

https://c.tenor.com/dMygK5llMOcAAAAC/davonne-rogers-pretends-to-be-shocked.gif

gonk-faced tango ******** who bilked Palace is now the Voice of the 'Silent' generation. If you've pissed him off you're doing a good job and you should keep going.

• Haha 2

I used to agree with the whole "It evens itself out". But feel the last few seasons it feels like it hasn't:

For penalties awarded we have been joint bottom in the league for 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. 

For penalties awarded 18/19 and 19/20 we were joint second bottom.

Its worth noting that as well as being bottom for penalties received last season, we were also joint top for Penalties awarded against with fellow strugglers Birmingham. So a really dire seasom for us last season decision wise. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes I remember it all clearly. My question was was there not an infringement or foul which, led to the flag going up and the referee momentarily distracted ?

23 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Muppet pundits with no actual knowledge of the matches we've been involved in this season protecting muppet refs with no actual knowledge of how to use their eyes. 

Exactly. I doubt Murphy has seen any our games this season or last. It's not the Premier League so why would he? I doubt he could name 3 of our players if challenged.

The punditocracy is full of ex-players who appear to know little or nothing about the teams they are talking about. Which guarantees you work at Talk Sport.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Henry said:

@Harry are you still working with the club?

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Wouldn’t have thought so now.

Nothing has changed. 

I’m still allowed an opinion as a fan. 
Because my opinion may be different from the majority on this, doesn’t mean I can’t have it or other things are jeopardised as a result. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nothing has changed. 

Because my opinion may be different from the majority on this, doesn’t mean I can’t have it or other things are jeopardised as a result. 

Fair point mate. I agree that Sykes was a red and can understand why the officials would reach that decision based on the time and tools they have. 

I also agree with Nige that the reaction warranted a red card, which was a similar scenario that occured at Wigan on the weekend.

The stats however don't lie with regards to penalties at least and it has not evened itself out whatsoever the last couple of seasons.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nothing has changed. 

Which should be a given on here but sadly sometimes isn't.

For what it's worth I value your knowledge and contribution whether or not I agree with any given post of yours. I suspect and hope the majority would say the same.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nothing has changed. 

It’s what the forum is all about. 99% can debate . I don’t agree with your analysis from last night and normally your spot on. We have a great forum . And you contribute well. Just stay of the politics page.  :laughcont:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Which should be a given on here but sadly sometimes isn't.

For what it's worth I value your knowledge and contribution whether or not I agree with any given post of yours. I suspect and hope the majority would say the same.

Likewise @Harry….now sort out your view of Conway ???

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Saying you think of quitting because of some reffing decisions!! Ha ha. What a load of tripe. 
Get a grip Nige. 

Ref was spot on last night. Sykes clear red. Freeman clear yellow. Atkinson no pen. 
I’m also in a minority that says the Hull penalty was a pen. 
I’d agree with the Wigan player deserving a red last week but that’s the only one that’s clearly and obviously gone against us. 
All our other penalty shouts this season are the type of ones that every team will also have had a shout for this season. 

Many of you are being incredibly one-eyed on this. Imagine if Lee Johnson had said this ?. You’d all be saying what a little cry baby he is! 

Clear push on Atkinson no pen ! Ok then  that can be debated . Hull was a pen though ? I think you’ve lost the plot 

• Like 1

Just watched the clip of Nige on the Sky Sports YouTube channel (with comments by David James) - very interesting the way they've cut it... They've not included the bit about the letter re the Hull game and sort of given the impression it was all about the sending off last night. Thought that was v. poor (though perhaps not totally unexpected from Sky).

Edited by Try Again coatpile
Typo grr
  • Like 3