IGNORED

Nige on SSN

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Nothing has changed. 

I’m still allowed an opinion as a fan. 
Because my opinion may be different from the majority on this, doesn’t mean I can’t have it or other things are jeopardised as a result. 

T’was a light hearted joke??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Try Again coatpile said:

Just watched the clip of Nige on the Sky Sports YouTube channel (with comments by David James) - very interesting the way they've cut it... They've not included the bit about the letter re the Hull game and sort of given the impression it was all about the sending off last night. Thought that was v. poor (though perhaps not totally unexpected from Sky).

Yet again an 'expert' commenting with no actual knowledge. Ex-players get employed because they are ex-players not because they are knowledgable. It's extraordinary how many of them seem to have learned nothing from their career or are incapable of communicating what they have learned.

Of course doing research on the club you are talking about is too much like hard work as well.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Try Again coatpile said:

Just watched the clip of Nige on the Sky Sports YouTube channel (with comments by David James) - very interesting the way they've cut it... They've not included the bit about the letter re the Hull game and sort of given the impression it was all about the sending off last night. Thought that was v. poor (though perhaps not totally unexpected from Sky).

Keeping on side with fa and Premier league to protect their interests.

If you're looking for professional coverage of this from someone informed about our club, then City fan Paul Watson discusses it for a minute or two on Guardian Football Weekly.  He is such a fan that he simply refers to City as "we" and "us" to the extent that Glendenning has to clarify the team at the end of the segment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/series/footballweekly

At about 41:20 minutes in.

No particularly new angle on it, but it's someone who gets it and can accurately place it in context.

I think that NP is 100% correct about terrible decisions such as giving or not giving a penalty decision or a sending off decision. You can work as hard as you like, get the best players available, build a team and club only for an ineffectual ref or linesman to eff it all up. The Championship works on such incredibly fine margins around both the play off positions and the relegation positions. Any number of points lost in one game can be the difference between a crack at the Prem for some or the trap door to L1 for others.

I'm pleased he said it and hope it leads to something more than a footnote on Skysports.

However, the comments about chucking the towel in at BCFC as a result is unsettling and does nothing to help those of us who have question marks about Nige's position at our club. Every time I start seeing NP through @Davefevsglasses, the bloody lenses fall out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Danny Murphy another awful pundit.

Unfair, on a good week on Match of the Day he is remarkably, um, dull and uninformative. A master of stating the bleeding obvious in fact.

Only a true expert could come up with insight like "He should have scored there Gary."

Thought last night was very exciting and a sustained glimpse of what NP has been promising for what seems like a very, very long time - so I'm delighted.   Great to see the new players performing so well and for the likes of Nakhi and Zak to show what they are capable of.   Very encouraging 

I do find arguments about refs very circular.   

Refs weren't any better or worse before - what has happened is that every decision is now recorded for everyone to pore over ad infinitum.   In the old days you just forgot about it.

Yes it is statistically possible that 80000 Chelsea fans are right and that one particular ref has made an unusually high number of decisions against Chelsea.   But anything is statistically possible in an expanding universe.   Surely nobody really thinks that a ref would deliberately set out to do it?    And banging  on about it and signing petitions is only likely to put pressure on him and make him more likely to make unconsciously biased decisions.    And yes, we may have had more bad decisions against us this season , but that's always going to happen to some club.   SH1t happens.    Maybe we've had fewer pens than any other team.     Really - are they all ganging up on us?   That's so mean.    Diddums.  Move on.

I even think that if a ref proves to make more mistakes than others he should still play the whole season so all teams get subjected to the same below par reffing.   Unfair to drop them until everybody has suffered!    

Poor refereeing is like life.    We all have bad days and sh1tty times.    With performances like last night, I think we can all now hope for some good days at last and we won't be relying on refereeing decisions to keep us happy

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If you're looking for professional coverage of this from someone informed about our club, then City fan Paul Watson discusses it for a minute or two on Guardian Football Weekly.  He is such a fan that he simply refers to City as "we" and "us" to the extent that Glendenning has to clarify the team at the end of the segment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/series/footballweekly

At about 41:20 minutes in.

No particularly new angle on it, but it's someone who gets it and can accurately place it in context.

He maybe a celebrity (!) fan of sorts.  But his quote "It was a terrible tackle, a clear red card tackle"  is IMHO patently bollox?

Just now, Super said:

It was a clear red card.

In your opinion, and clearly the substandard referee's?, I have watched the incident 6 to 7 or so  times to make it clear in my mind.  At worst it is a Yellow.  The sending off was an over reaction but yet another kneejerk official.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

In your opinion, and clearly the substandard referee's?, I have watched the incident 6 to 7 or so  times to make it clear in my mind.  At worst it is a Yellow.  The sending off was an over reaction but yet another kneejerk official.    

Majority that saw it thought it was including Pearson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It was a blatant red card. 
It wasn’t clumsy or ‘professional’, it was clearly malicious and with forceful intent. 
A horrible tackle, compounded by his feigning a head injury after too. 
He might be our player, but if that was an opposition player he’d be getting pelters, so we should call it out. Horrible tackle, with intent, and faking a head injury. Not a good look Mr Sykes. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Super said:

Majority that saw it thought it was including Pearson.

Mmmm, Interesting that you took a straw poll of thousands of observers, you must be exhausted?.....not so sure about Pearson saying it was a sending off?  Find me the quote or video and i will check it out?   Anyhow we can play Ping Pong forever?   i say it was an absurd over reaction by an over zealous referee, you say it was a terrible tackle that deserved a red card?  Let's' just  agree to disagree.......even though i am quite obviously in the right!  Ha!!

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was a blatant red card. 
It wasn’t clumsy or ‘professional’, it was clearly malicious and with forceful intent. 
A horrible tackle, compounded by his feigning a head injury after too. 
He might be our player, but if that was an opposition player he’d be getting pelters, so we should call it out. Horrible tackle, with intent, and faking a head injury. Not a good look Mr Sykes. 

i didn't  realise you were the all seeing all knowing Bhagwan of Ashton Gate?, I will obviously have to make sure i do not challenge your authority again.  It must be great to always be right?